Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Singles discussion related to wedding planning, engagement, and married life should be posted in this room.

Saint Valentine is patron saint of love, young people, and happy marriages.
Learn More: Saint Valentine

Today was the Gospel of the Wedding at Cana .. Nice homily about us to be servants like the servants that Jesus told to fill the jars to the brim with water...

Well I guess you had to be there but the last song that was sung was "Sing of the Lord's goodness " and as our priest was walking out he was smiling to the music and saying this was the song that was sung at the Wedding in Cana....
So now I want this song to be sung at my wedding.. Actually our church does a good version of this song.. Does anyone else sing this one at mass... Blessings to all of us singles as we heard of the Wedding at Cana today ....
Praying rosary theheart Kathleen heart
www.youtube.com

01/20/2013 new

Nope. Our closing hymn was Songs of Thankulness and Praise. It has a verse mentioning the wedding at Cana.

01/20/2013 new

That's sad bt I don't remember the closing song, I don't think I knew it because I didn't sing it. I was kidding around with mom, she bought wine from Cana when she went to Israel many years ago..I teased her that it's probably vinegar by now, we should pop it open and enjoy it if it's still good.

01/20/2013 new

(Quote) Kathleen-5781 said: Today was the Gospel of the Wedding at Cana .. Nice homily about us to be servants like the serv...
(Quote) Kathleen-5781 said:

Today was the Gospel of the Wedding at Cana .. Nice homily about us to be servants like the servants that Jesus told to fill the jars to the brim with water...

Well I guess you had to be there but the last song that was sung was "Sing of the Lord's goodness " and as our priest was walking out he was smiling to the music and saying this was the song that was sung at the Wedding in Cana....
So now I want this song to be sung at my wedding.. Actually our church does a good version of this song.. Does anyone else sing this one at mass... Blessings to all of us singles as we heard of the Wedding at Cana today ....
Kathleen
www.youtube.com

--hide--

Kathleen, THANK YOU for sharing this!! theheart

01/20/2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Kathleen, THANK YOU for sharing this!!
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Kathleen, THANK YOU for sharing this!!

--hide--

you are welcome Marian biggrin

Sing of the Lord's goodness and bless His name always Praying hug theheart

01/21/2013 new

Hi ladies! I heard a great wedding homily by this priest who used to use the same one with this same Gospel at EVERY wedding: "You think that your wedding day is the best day of your life...but it only gets better from here." I like to think of my CM experience this way. I thought my 1st marriage was the best thing ever. Boy was I wrong, and boy am I putting my hope in that priest's homily to help me in my CM search for the one I should have waited for all along! God's blessings to you all.

01/21/2013 new

highfive Hey, Kathleen, yes!! But I didn't know it was because it was the same song used at the actual Wedding in Cana...

I have always loved the 5/4 beat of the song, and although my local parish just has a cantor with a guitar, St. Patrick's in nearby Sonora has an outstanding pianist. As one of the commenters on the youtube mentioned, it sure sounds A LOT like Dave Brubeck's "Take Five"!!

So much joy!!! biggrin biggrin clap

01/22/2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: Hey, Kathleen, yes!! But I didn't know it was because it was the same song used at the actu...
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

Hey, Kathleen, yes!! But I didn't know it was because it was the same song used at the actual Wedding in Cana...

I have always loved the 5/4 beat of the song, and although my local parish just has a cantor with a guitar, St. Patrick's in nearby Sonora has an outstanding pianist. As one of the commenters on the youtube mentioned, it sure sounds A LOT like Dave Brubeck's "Take Five"!!

So much joy!!!

--hide--

Hi Beverly... I don't think this song was sung at the Wedding Feast at Cana.. My parish priest just likes to joke around.. so it was funny that he said that.. He likes to joke around... But yes it's a nice song wink

Blessings .....

Kathleen Praying

Posts 1 - 8 of 8