Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Jan 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Ann-69118 said: Pursuit should be tempered with moderation though if the guy is coming on too strong that's a ba...
(Quote) Ann-69118 said:

Pursuit should be tempered with moderation though if the guy is coming on too strong that's a bad sign.

--hide--

Hi Ann! Old woman again.... I've heard it said that the more one forces an issue (in this case, a guy coming on too strong), the more the person is trying to achieve his or her own agenda. Hmmm.... Chelle

Jan 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: Thank you William! That is a great insight! I've been feeling the same way as ...
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

Thank you William! That is a great insight! I've been feeling the same way as Jamie. I wondered why this was - I don't have this difficult a time in real life - but I supposed it is hard to know if one is very interested from a profile!

--hide--

A guy will certainly initiate contact here, but if a woman wants to be coy or play hard-to-get, then an on-line forum is definitely not the place.

Jan 26th 2013 new

[quote]Jamie-374642 said:

I have heard it said that if a man is interested in a woman that he will certainly pursue her. It has been my experience that there are not many searching men on this web-site. And as a woman, I very much want to be pursued. Are the majority of men on this site shy, or just interested in casual friendship? Am I alone in feeling this way?Hi

Hi Jaime--

Yes I agree with Steven. Its a new world- if you wish to be pursued, you must show interest. sometimes more than the guy. Dont be shy, be honest

Jan 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Jamie-374642 said: I have heard it said that if a man is interested in a woman that he will certainly pursue her. It...
(Quote) Jamie-374642 said:

I have heard it said that if a man is interested in a woman that he will certainly pursue her. It has been my experience that there are not many searching men on this web-site. And as a woman, I very much want to be pursued. Are the majority of men on this site shy, or just interested in casual friendship? Am I alone in feeling this way?

--hide--

If a woman is interested I definitely like some positive feedback. Returned emails are great. If she prefers building up to a date that is fine with me. a several emails then a few phone calls before a first date is fine. But I say unless you go on several dates you really don't have a true idea of the person.

Jan 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: I am in a private group on FB for women who have been on CM.. This week this question was asked of...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

I am in a private group on FB for women who have been on CM.. This week this question was asked of the married women and overwhelmingly the women said their husbands pursued them.. A lot of the women even indicated that the women were less than interested at first.. I know this to be true of my really good friends who have married from here.. A couple of them tried hard to discourage the guys even.. Only to be contentedly married now.. I saw a link concerning this I think would be helpful for both genders. I'll find it..

www.boundless.org

--hide--

Thank you Donna.

Jan 26th 2013 new
Most of the times I have been pursued it involved sirens, flashing lights, and open highway
Jan 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Chelle-924354 said: Hi Ann! Old woman again.... I've heard it said that the more one forces an issue (in...
(Quote) Chelle-924354 said:

Hi Ann! Old woman again.... I've heard it said that the more one forces an issue (in this case, a guy coming on too strong), the more the person is trying to achieve his or her own agenda. Hmmm.... Chelle

--hide--

Er, Chelle, at 49 you are not an old woman.

Jan 26th 2013 new

Well, I am not really shy and not all that interested in casual friendship. There are many profiles of women that I look at, and am interested in, that I don't initiate contact with. This is due in large part to them living relatively far away(more than 4-5 hours drive let's say).

When I do intiate contact, though, if the woman doesn't respond, I am not likely to send another until she responds to my first. I DO NOT want to be a 'stalker' type/annoying to a woman that, as far as I know, isn't interested.

I don't mind pursuing, but I don't want to chase. After I initiate contact, if the woman is interested, then reply!!! And if I contact you after that, reply!!! Don't make it difficult!

One other thing, don't assume that if I guy has looked at your profile and not messaged, emoted, etc... that he is not interested. Many times I may look at a woman's profile, be interested, but 'mull things over' in my mind, trying to decide whether or not I want to make a move.

Jan 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Jamie-374642 said: I have heard it said that if a man is interested in a woman that he will certainly pursue her. It...
(Quote) Jamie-374642 said:

I have heard it said that if a man is interested in a woman that he will certainly pursue her. It has been my experience that there are not many searching men on this web-site. And as a woman, I very much want to be pursued. Are the majority of men on this site shy, or just interested in casual friendship? Am I alone in feeling this way?

--hide--

Hi Jamie,

I don't think you are alone in feeling this way. The entire thing is confusing to me. How much to share. How much to interact. How long to wait. How to judge the interactions - which you may or may not think went well and then nothing. It is most frustrating. I would so much rather have someone just say -- I enjoyed our chats or messages but you live too far away or whatever and I'd like to focus my time on developing a viable intimate relationship with someone nearer or whatever and I already have a ton of friends so I am going to back out of talking with you now. Good luck. I don't know. I think the worst part is when you have had some interaction which has resulted in open questions or topics to discuss at another time because of time constraints etc and then you don't even get an Emotigram lol, because you are left thinking you had a nice conversation and it was probably going to continue and have no idea why it isn't. . .anyway . . .just venting a little lol. . .

Jan 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: ... I would so much rather have someone just say -- I enjoyed our chats or messages but...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

... I would so much rather have someone just say -- I enjoyed our chats or messages but you live too far away or whatever and I'd like to focus my time on developing a viable intimate relationship with someone nearer or whatever and I already have a ton of friends so I am going to back out of talking with you now...

--hide--

Yes, me too!

Posts 11 - 20 of 73