Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Jan 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: My observation from reading all the ideas posted by you younger guys is that you all fail...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

My observation from reading all the ideas posted by you younger guys is that you all fail to grasp the one fundamental and important fact; A womean will allow you to persue them until THEY catch you.

--hide--

Exactly! Women want to be presued, but only on their terms and by who they pre-select before hand.

Jan 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: Oh boy!!!!! Watch out ladies!!!! All the Mr. Darcys are coming out of the woodwork now.<...
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

Oh boy!!!!! Watch out ladies!!!! All the Mr. Darcys are coming out of the woodwork now.

--hide--

Did all the Mr. Darcys die???scratchchin Ladies you can't blame me I tried. sorry

Jan 29th 2013 new

If a man is interested in a woman - he will pursue her. If he is not, he won't or will just put a sorta half hearted effort. I know because I am a guy and that has been my history and I am sure many other men are the same.

And to answer some of your questions, Who is shy online? I would think that shy men would flock to a site like this becaue they can start conversation with a woman in more relaxed, email forum. That is a lot easier than the way it used to be when every guy would have ask out every woman in person or be set up.

Next, I can't imagine most men would be willing to pay the membership fees simply to make friends. If I want a friend, I'll find one on facebook.

Jan 30th 2013 new

Thank you. I will certainly check the article out!

Jan 30th 2013 new

Well I definitely appreciate everyone's posts. It is encouraging and heart warming.

I want all the men on this web-site to know that I have a tendency to be honest and am not afraid to share if I am interested in you, but I am waiting for you to make a move and share your interest. Don't be afraid. If it is a vocation of marriage that you are seeking, then pursue it fervently, with all of your heart.

I don't care what era we are living in, a woman wants to be pursued. Thank you for listening :)

Jan 31st 2013 new

[quote]Jamie-374642 said:

I am waiting for you to make a move and share your interest. Don't be afraid. If it is a vocation of marriage that you are seeking, then pursue it fervently, with all of your heart.

Woo-hoo! Three cheers for Jamie! Thanks for being bold and upfront, my sister! I second that. :)

Feb 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-341178 said: I know because I am a guy and that has been my history and I am sure many other men are the sa...
(Quote) Patrick-341178 said:

I know because I am a guy and that has been my history and I am sure many other men are the same.

Next, I can't imagine most men would be willing to pay the membership fees simply to make friends. If I want a friend, I'll find one on facebook.

--hide--

Bravo, Patrick! clap Your honesty is refreshing! laughing

Feb 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Matthew-617971 said: Everyone is different, but for myself, when I am interested in someone, I always pursue.
(Quote) Matthew-617971 said:

Everyone is different, but for myself, when I am interested in someone, I always pursue.

--hide--

Amen to that brother! Haha. Like Matthew, I'll pursue someone that I'm interested in. I only stop if I see signs that they aren't interested in me though.

Feb 5th 2013 new

I'm a firm beleiver in the fact that men should be the ones doing the hunting. However, with that said, I'm in New Zealand, not a lot of chaps on this site probably set their searches to include this part of the world, even if they are open to LDR. So unless I initiate they likely won't stumble upon my profile. I've been here, maybe two years now and can count on one hand the views/message/emotigram I've recieved from men overseas.

So my plan, for what its worth, is send the "hello" emote and if they reply, they reply, if they don't, so be it. How can they pursue if they don't know what's out there?

Feb 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Jamie-374642 said: I have heard it said that if a man is interested in a woman that he will certainly pursue her. It...
(Quote) Jamie-374642 said:

I have heard it said that if a man is interested in a woman that he will certainly pursue her. It has been my experience that there are not many searching men on this web-site. And as a woman, I very much want to be pursued. Are the majority of men on this site shy, or just interested in casual friendship? Am I alone in feeling this way?

--hide--

Jamie,

I'd be pursuing women here (and elsewhere), if I had an annulment decision. Still prayerfully waiting. :-) (May know by Monday.)

That said, it seems like many women here have very high expectations. Some of us, who have lived our lives and perhaps not made the best decisions along the way due to our own immaturity (at the time), have the feeling that we are unacceptable to "good, Catholic women" and are won't even be considered. I have generally noted this to be the case among Catholic women I have met where I live now--they seek guys who are unblemished and us early-40-somethings who have a bit of wisdom in us (from some blemishes along the way) are unacceptable.

There are lots of us previously married men who have grown from our experience and are ready and desiring to move on to build better families, with a renewed faith and upon the right foundation. Just seems so many ladies overlook us.

Posts 51 - 60 of 73