Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Jan 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: Melissa is banned because I've been a forum regular for over 7 years .... plenty ...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said:

Melissa is banned because I've been a forum regular for over 7 years .... plenty of time to rack up posts

--hide--

For ummm how many years? laughing That's cool . . . have you seen a lot of changes in the forums (i.e., style, topics, features) between seven years ago and now? (just curious scratchchin)

Jan 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Melissa-878663 said: For ummm how many years? That's cool . . . have you seen a lot of cha...
(Quote) Melissa-878663 said:

For ummm how many years? That's cool . . . have you seen a lot of changes in the forums (i.e., style, topics, features) between seven years ago and now? (just curious )

--hide--

Banned for asking wink

One major difference is that there used to be a lot of city or region specific rooms (St. Louis, New Orleans, NYC, Phillipines, just to name a few). Fairly recently they were all merged into the single "Regional Interest" room.

Also, it used to be that all the major rooms had saints' names. The Humor room, for example, was St. Vitus' Room. If you look above you can see that the Entertainment & Humor room is still under his patronage. (Entertainment and Humor used to be separate rooms.)

Jan 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: (Quote) Melissa-878663 said: For ummm how many years?...

Quote:
Melissa-878663 said:

For ummm how many years? That's cool . . . have you seen a lot of changes in the forums (i.e., style, topics, features) between seven years ago and now? (just curious )

Banned for asking

One major difference is that there used to be a lot of city or region specific rooms (St. Louis, New Orleans, NYC, Phillipines, just to name a few). Fairly recently they were all merged into the single "Regional Interest" room.

Also, it used to be that all the major rooms had saints' names. The Humor room, for example, was St. Vitus' Room. If you look above you can see that the Entertainment & Humor room is still under his patronage. (Entertainment and Humor used to be separate rooms.)

--hide--

I might also mention that the Rolling Along icon was added at my request back in 2006 smile

Jan 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: Banned for asking One major difference is that there used to be a lot of city ...

Banned for asking

--hide--

Hey sorry Zoom . . . didn't mean to ask too much . . . I just needed something to complete the (for umm) sentence because "for umm" sounds like "forum" . . . .it seemed like a good idea at the time wink

Thanks for the info . . .it's interesting to hear how it used to be and how it changed. And way to go for getting them to make a new emoticon thumbsup . . . is it difficult to do? There are some other ones that would be fun to have!

Jan 22nd 2013 new
I agree about additional icons...oh the possibilities!!! laughing
Jan 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Melissa-878663 said: And way to go for getting them to make a new emoticon . . . is it difficult to do? There are s...
(Quote) Melissa-878663 said:

And way to go for getting them to make a new emoticon . . . is it difficult to do? There are some other ones that would be fun to have!

--hide--

They actually didn't "make" the Rolling Along emoticon. I found it on another website, "free for the taking", and suggested that they add it.

www.allemoticons.com

I don't think they're adding new emoticons anymore .... there have been a number of requests since the wheelchair was added that have gone unfilled.

What baffles me is that we have Superman Superman and Robin Robin but not Batman. I guess the Dark Knight was banned. wink

Jan 22nd 2013 new
Thanks! I did not know that. And whatever words I memorize to put between colons allow me to have additionals for use with my I phone. Wonder if there is an emoticon app... I will have to look. Thanks again, Zoom.
Jan 22nd 2013 new

eyepopping Meg is banned for concentrating on her ipone rather than banning zoom.... who is more into male icons... whereas meg should be speaking on adding wonderwoman, batwoman, etc.... where is the gender equality in emoticon.... weeping weeping weeping

Jan 22nd 2013 new

I believe the You get a Gold Star! was added just in the past several months.....

Jan 22nd 2013 new

Genie's banned for a drawn-out disappearing/reappearing act. You'll never make it in Vegas, hon.

Posts 181 - 190 of 200