Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

Jan 23rd 2013 new

Wow. Uh....wow. Thanks SO much for all your posts on my question. It takes a LOT to shake my confidence in something like this, because I had no fear when it came to leaving my husband five years ago next month, no fear about how we would support ourselves, and no question that I would be taken care of by my Father in Heaven. But when I am shaken, it doesn't take much to get me back on track. All your positive feedback was just what I needed. It was nice to have a couple "viewed me" moments too! Jim, your comments almost made me dribble. (mother of five syndrome....) Well, you SAID be HONEST, right? laughing

Jan 23rd 2013 new

Hi Shara,

You certainly are a thoughtful and perceptive girl. Heh heh.

If it makes you feel better I have noticed that bit by bit, day by day, I look more like that fellow in the picture. It's a miracle.

But you are supposed to be looking for those wonderful inner qualities. Here's one that I can modestly say I share with all the fine, and refined, guys here at CM. A special grace granted by God to that elite class of masculinity most often termed "Regular Guys". It's like this: We figure just about every woman we meet here is too good for us. And here's the grace: We're perfectly good with that! Thus we see God's providence at work.

Of course one hopes not to be that cliche -- the stocky, balding, middle aged, under employed tradesman with six kids -- that women in our culture find so irresistible! One hopes that women will see past the glitter.

Now, you mention the other men here at this site. They are wretched rascals, aren't they? I mean that in the nicest possible way of course. Got to say that there are some good, smart, loving men here. Thinking men. I can't tell you the number of times I've seen one of them write, "I think I'll have another beer."

You could just pick a guy at random here Shara. It'd be like reaching into a barrel of diamonds, right? How can a girl go wrong?

:')

NC Jim

Jan 23rd 2013 new

Alice,

You are silly. The obvious solution is ... adopt! One, three, five -- problem solved! And I'm sure when they are older they will understand that we couldn't remember all of their names. Though, when I think on it, it might be nice if I made the effort. Hmmm.

It is long odds for everybody. Until it happens. Which it does. Sometimes.

NC Jim

Jan 23rd 2013 new

Caroline,

I am shaken all of the time. I often think, "Things could be worse. Probably will be in the next 90 minutes." People will tell me to be more positive and I think, well heck, I'm not positive things will be worse.

The thing I can't get over is when someone refers to me as "single". LOL, really? I haven't been single since 1984. I sometimes ask women if they are a single-single or a multiple-single like me.

The whole thing is wrong, wrong, wrong. Truly it is a fallen world! Picture me laying on my couch of a Sunday afternoon watching football and piteously crying out for a sandwich and no one answering! Like a bandaged soldier in a hospital ward hoarsely moaning, "Nuuuuurse. Nuuuuurse." and receiving no answer.

I don't know why there isn't a national movement to find me a wife! People have allowed our nation to be side tracked from this Good Work by much less important things like an international economic crisis.

I am doing my part. So she can feel needed I am letting the dishes and laundry pile up. I cheer myself thinking of her happiness when she sees this. Selfless -- that's how I roll.

Somehow these situations we find ourselves in are all in God's hands. Somehow. You just remember to be you Caroline. Keep your smile. You are very inspirational to the rest of us. That's good, right? Yes it is. I will pray that God sends you someone soon for whom you can make sandwiches.

NC Jim

Jan 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Jim-149694 said: Hi Shara, You certainly are a thoughtful and perceptive girl. Heh heh. If it makes yo...
(Quote) Jim-149694 said:

Hi Shara,

You certainly are a thoughtful and perceptive girl. Heh heh.

If it makes you feel better I have noticed that bit by bit, day by day, I look more like that fellow in the picture. It's a miracle.

But you are supposed to be looking for those wonderful inner qualities. Here's one that I can modestly say I share with all the fine, and refined, guys here at CM. A special grace granted by God to that elite class of masculinity most often termed "Regular Guys". It's like this: We figure just about every woman we meet here is too good for us. And here's the grace: We're perfectly good with that! Thus we see God's providence at work.

Of course one hopes not to be that cliche -- the stocky, balding, middle aged, under employed tradesman with six kids -- that women in our culture find so irresistible! One hopes that women will see past the glitter.

Now, you mention the other men here at this site. They are wretched rascals, aren't they? I mean that in the nicest possible way of course. Got to say that there are some good, smart, loving men here. Thinking men. I can't tell you the number of times I've seen one of them write, "I think I'll have another beer."

You could just pick a guy at random here Shara. It'd be like reaching into a barrel of diamonds, right? How can a girl go wrong?

NC Jim

--hide--

Jim you went all serious on me. rolling eyes embarassed

Jan 23rd 2013 new
Hi Caroline, welcome :) I've got all my children living at home with me as well, they are 25, 22, 18 and 15 and my son has an autism spectrum disorder,, so he's special needs. I do also wonder about this and putting it on my profile. I've chosen to let a gentleman know if we begin emailing and move our conversations along to finding out more about each other and our lives. I am hopeful that a wonderful man will not be deterred by my responsibilities as a parent, but rather would embrace the opportunity to share that with me, and to see it as a testament to my love of children, family and my patience and resourcefulness. I am a package deal, that's what I like to say. All the best, and God Bless you and your children.
Jan 23rd 2013 new

Hello Caroline, I have seven children but only four live at home. The older three are on thier own. This does limit the amount of interest in my profile but it is better to weed out the men who are not family men now. I am only interested in a man who is open to life in every sense of the word and appreciates a large family. If I can't find this man than I am content to stay single. God bless your search, Jerra

Jan 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Jerra-576114 said: Hello Caroline, I have seven children but only four live at home. The older three are on thier ow...
(Quote) Jerra-576114 said:

Hello Caroline, I have seven children but only four live at home. The older three are on thier own. This does limit the amount of interest in my profile but it is better to weed out the men who are not family men now. I am only interested in a man who is open to life in every sense of the word and appreciates a large family. If I can't find this man than I am content to stay single. God bless your search, Jerra

--hide--

I think large families are a great testament to our Catholic Faith! I was only able to have one, but am certainly open to adding more to my family. hug

Jan 24th 2013 new

Well Shara that is just the way I roll -- serious and complex. Somewhat like the complexity of a bowl of oatmeal. Not to brag or anything.

NC Jim

Jan 24th 2013 new

Hi Caroline, am so sorry about your divorce, i think he wasnt a responsible dad and husband, am not judging him but just saying. My name is Billy, i live in NY i think if we get to know each well, i might take responsiblity of caring for you and the kids and would come and pay a visit in Minnesota.

Posts 21 - 30 of 32