Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

01/23/2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: If you haven't seen it, here is the link to see the outrageous, heretical, and just plain s...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

If you haven't seen it, here is the link to see the outrageous, heretical, and just plain sad Newsweek cover "proclaiming" that Obama is the Second Coming of Christ.

sadhillnews.com

Interesting that Obama, who is clearly an agnostic at best/an atheist at worst is being called the second coming of Christ.

Although he claims to be Christian, he was never baptized per interviews with Rev. Wright who stated that baptism was not necessary in his church in order to become "Christian" and that he did not baptize Obama.

I really think our country is in for a very rough road - at least for the next two years (perhaps midterm elections would change things).

I am wondering what, if anything, we can do to help our country survive this extremely progressive liberal man who unfortunately was reelected President of the U.S. (other than of course to pray/attend Mass/say rosaries, etc.)?

--hide--
...and now his administration is giving planes to Egypt despite what they did to us in Benghazi and despite the fact that their new Muslim leader hates and despises Israel saying they come from apes and pigs....very, very, very dangerous planes.

01/24/2013 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: ...and now his administration is giving planes to Egypt despite what they did to us in Benghazi ...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

...and now his administration is giving planes to Egypt despite what they did to us in Benghazi and despite the fact that their new Muslim leader hates and despises Israel saying they come from apes and pigs....very, very, very dangerous planes.

--hide--

Not just planes.He is also giving them 200 of the latest battle tanks.

01/24/2013 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: ...and now his administration is giving planes to Egypt despite what they did to us in Benghazi ...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

--hide--

Cheryl, I actually had the same response you did when I heard about the jet fighter planes. But then, I heard a commentator on Fox News (retired military consultant) who said that the Egyptian military actually operates quite independently of the president of Egypt, and the reason we are giving them the planes is in the hopes that at some point in the future we may be able to "call on"/persuade the military to help oust this Muslim Brotherhood President if/when he starts taking Egypt down the wrong path (so to speak). Apparently, the Egyptian military are not that fond of their new president, either! So, if this consultant is right, this may actually be a good thing (because I'm sure this President at some point will start imposing Sharia law, etc.) Of course, whenever the U.S. gets into situations like this, eventually we end up involved somehow (I wonder if their Egyptian military commanders have been to our military training "schools" in the U.S.). Oh, and the military consultant also said, that these planes couldn't do much to Israel as the Israelis have much better planes/missiles. (Apparently, we're not giving Egypt the best planes).

01/24/2013 new
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: (Quote) Mary-486033 said: Patricia, you're asking a good question. Although there may be ...

Quote:
Mary-486033 said: Patricia, you're asking a good question. Although there may be a multitude of things we can and should do, I believe the primary order of business for Catholics is to respond to Our Blessed Mother's request communicated through Sr. Mary Ephrem to install the statue of Our Lady of America in the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception.

"Our Lady, moreover, often emphasized her desire that the Shrine in Washington, D.C., be made a place of special pilgrimage. She wishes to be honored there as Our Lady of America, the Immaculate Virgin."

"She also requested a statue made according to this likeness and placed, after being solemnly carried in procession, in the Shrine of The Immaculate Conception in Washington, D.C. She wishes to be honored there in a special way as Our Lady of America, the Immaculate Virgin."

To her spiritual director: "Hurry, my son, for the time is short but the punishment will be long, and for many, forever. Tell the Bishops of the United States, my loyal sons, of my desires and how I wish them to be carried out."

She forewarned dire consequences if the U.S. doesn't heed her requests... www.ourladyofamerica.org

Mary, thank you for posting this link. I read it in about 20 minutes or so. I would highly recommend that anyone reading this take the time to read the writings in the link of the private revelations from Our Lady of America.

Do you know Mary, what the stance/official position of the Church is on these writings by this nun? Is she on the path to sainthood yet?

I would wonder why her statue has not been placed in the Shrine in Washington, D. C. yet? This seems an important thing to do!

--hide--
Patricia,

Only certain groundwork has been laid which would facilitate toward full church approval. The messages up to 1963 received an imprimatur from the late Archbishop Paul F. Leibold of Cincinnati. He had a medal struck as well. However, there are many complexities. The apparitions took place in 5 states which, I assume, would require investigation/involvement of 5 dioceses within Ohio, Indiana, Colorado, Arizona, and Missouri. Additionally, placing the statue in the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception would require the cooperation of the Archdiocese of Washington and the Rector of the Basilica. The storyline is replete with (more) complications and obstacles. Just a few articles...

Archbishop Behind "Our Lady of America" Seen as Exceptional and Pious Man Dedicated to Apparition - www.spiritdaily.net

"Our Lady of America" Appears to be First Approved Medal Connected to Alleged Apparition in U.S. - www.spiritdaily.net

Move Afoot for Recognition of American Apparition that Calls for U.S. to Lead World Spiritually at "Urgent" Hour - www.spiritdaily.net

In "Last Message" Ohio Revelation Issued Strong Warning to Priests on Obedience to the Vatican - www.spiritdaily.net

The Astonishing Messages from a U.S. Apparition: I Come to You, O Children of America, as a Last Resort" - www.spiritdaily.net
01/24/2013 new
Those are excellent articles on Our Lady of America Mary. My opinion is that no matter what the obstacles, the Church and the people of the Church should move forward and honor Our Lady's requests. Now is not the time to be timid. This is truth, and authentic. I pray that she is listened to and honored by doing as she asks. Thanks! John
01/25/2013 new
Problem is, only the U.S. bishops have to authority to make this happen.

Other than pray, all the laity can do is write to the bishops requesting that Our Lady's desires be honored as soon as possible.
01/25/2013 new
True Mary. There is the hope that the Pope could influence this too. I don't understand how it could be so difficult. Someone's in charge and no human being should impede her requests. May God have patience with us.
01/25/2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Thanks for posting the link to Soloviev's work, John. So, I suppose it is possible ...

Thanks for posting the link to Soloviev's work, John. So, I suppose it is possible that Obama could be the antichrist as we certainly don't know when the antichrist will appear or who he will be. Is anyone seriously considering this premise that you know of?

--hide--

I wrote of Obama as "an" Antichrist, not necessarily "the". There have been several historical figures that are very good types of the Antichrist, most of whom arose in the 20th Century, which I mention as a "sign of the times" datapoint. The first such type was, and the one whose "Number" St. John mentions, is that of Ceasar Nero who initiated the first Christian persecutions in A.D. 64 after the Fire of Rome. Other figures include Julian the Apostate, the son of the Emperor Constantine who turned to paganism and socery, used means of persecution against Christians that might strike us as familiar in our day, and attempted to rebuild the Temple of Jerusalem.

Another very interesting figure is that of Napoleon, who famously attacked Rome, exiled one Pope, imprisoned another, and even planed the rebuilding of the Temple upon his conquest of Palestine (which the British prevented). Many of the coins struck in his era show him as a type of Roman god, but there is one commenorating the re-institution of the Great Sanhedrin under his rule in 1808 that shows Moses bowing before Napoleon and receiving the Ten Commandments from him (garbed as a Roman Emperor, BTW)!

www.worthpoint.com

01/25/2013 new

I can guarantee you that the state department under him will do nothing to help this man.

cnsnews.com

01/26/2013 new
Patricia,

Wanted to further add a letter written by Cardinal Raymond Burke which provides clarity.

Unfortunately, since he wrote this summary after reviewing the status of the apparitions of Our Lady to Sr. Mary Ephrem, he was assigned to the Vatican. He has been asked if there is something more he could do to further the cause now that he is positioned in Rome. He stated that there is nothing more he can do to expedite enthroning the statue of Our Lady of America within the National Shrine. The decision entirely rests with the U.S. Bishops.

www.ewtn.com
Posts 11 - 20 of 31