Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

01/26/2013 new
I wonder if anyone has ever raised the subject of Our Lady if America to Archbishop Wuerl. Seeing him on EWTN yesterday I couldn't help but think how he could possibly be one to help get this done.
01/26/2013 new
If this is truly authentic, I have confidence that Our Lady will hand pick a very Marian Bishop(s) to continue where other chosen souls have left off. Although, surely she has invited all the U.S. Bishops to respond to the call.

Lots of authentic apparitions suffer enormous obstacles on their way toward approval. Where there is Mary, there is satan. But we know who will win in the end.
01/26/2013 new
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: If this is truly authentic, I have confidence that Our Lady will hand pick a very Marian Bishop(s) to continue wher...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: If this is truly authentic, I have confidence that Our Lady will hand pick a very Marian Bishop(s) to continue where other chosen souls have left off. Although, surely she has invited all the U.S. Bishops to respond to the call.

Lots of authentic apparitions suffer enormous obstacles on their way toward approval. Where there is Mary, there is satan. But we know who will win in the end.
--hide--
I can see the headlines now:

"National Shrine enthrones statue of Our Lady of America. Obama flees Washington D.C." mischievous Praying
01/26/2013 new
(Quote) Lots of authentic apparitions suffer enormous obstacles on their way toward approval.
(Quote) Lots of authentic apparitions suffer enormous obstacles on their way toward approval.
--hide--
So true!
01/26/2013 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: I can see the headlines now: "National Shrine enthrones statue of Our Lady of America. Obama...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: I can see the headlines now:

"National Shrine enthrones statue of Our Lady of America. Obama flees Washington D.C."
--hide--

Thanks for all the info and links you posted here, Mary.

And, especially thank you for this comment about Obama, it made me smile (and chuckle) which I needed!laughing

01/26/2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Thanks for all the info and links you posted here, Mary.And, especially tha...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Thanks for all the info and links you posted here, Mary.

And, especially thank you for this comment about Obama, it made me smile (and chuckle) which I needed!

--hide--

I understand all of you in Illinois can now "fondly?" gaze at his picture on all your license plates.

The land of Lincoln has disappeared into its new incarnation as Obamaland.

Gross!!!

01/26/2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: I understand all of you in Illinois can now "fondly?" gaze at his picture on al...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

I understand all of you in Illinois can now "fondly?" gaze at his picture on all your license plates.

Gross!!!

--hide--

Oh NO!!! I hadn't heard about this, and since I rarely look at license plates since I don't drive a car these days, I guess I'll plan on definitely no looking at license plates. Shame on Illinois for taking off Lincoln!!!!!boggled

01/26/2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: If you haven't seen it, here is the link to see the outrageous, heretical, and just plain s...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

If you haven't seen it, here is the link to see the outrageous, heretical, and just plain sad Newsweek cover "proclaiming" that Obama is the Second Coming of Christ.

sadhillnews.com

Interesting that Obama, who is clearly an agnostic at best/an atheist at worst is being called the second coming of Christ.

Although he claims to be Christian, he was never baptized per interviews with Rev. Wright who stated that baptism was not necessary in his church in order to become "Christian" and that he did not baptize Obama.

I really think our country is in for a very rough road - at least for the next two years (perhaps midterm elections would change things).

I am wondering what, if anything, we can do to help our country survive this extremely progressive liberal man who unfortunately was reelected President of the U.S. (other than of course to pray/attend Mass/say rosaries, etc.)?

--hide--
You mean he's not? laughing laughing laughing

01/26/2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: You mean he's not?
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

You mean he's not?

--hide--

eyepopping rolling eyes faint

01/27/2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: I understand all of you in Illinois can now "fondly?" gaze at his picture on al...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

Gross!!!

--hide--

If I had to use a lic plate like that, I would buy a horse.

I would put the plate on his south end.

Posts 21 - 30 of 31