Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for those who have lost a spouse and need support or who can provide support to those who have.

Saint Paula is the patron saint of widows and Saint Stephen is the patron saint of deacons
Learn More: Saint Stephen and Saint Paula

5 years on Wednesday

Jan 21st 2013 new

I have no idea how it is going to be 5 years on Wednesday-that does not even seem possible. I always hate the day-although as time passes it gets easier. In some ways it seems like 5 minutes and in other ways it seems like a lifetime ago.

Worst part of Wednesday-my kids want to do this basketball contest up at school. Cannot wait for that to be done and go home and have a nice glass of wine. Thursday cannot come soon enough and then I will be fine.

Hope by some miracle my boys do well. Regardless, I am so proud of them. They have turned out to be very well adjusted boys. Even though this solo parenting thing is hard-I recognize what a true double blessing I have with my sons.

Thanks for reading.

Jan 21st 2013 new

Praying rosaryFor comfort and peace. hug hug

theheart

Jan 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Theresa-637436 said: I have no idea how it is going to be 5 years on Wednesday-that does not even seem possible. I a...
(Quote) Theresa-637436 said:

I have no idea how it is going to be 5 years on Wednesday-that does not even seem possible. I always hate the day-although as time passes it gets easier. In some ways it seems like 5 minutes and in other ways it seems like a lifetime ago.

Worst part of Wednesday-my kids want to do this basketball contest up at school. Cannot wait for that to be done and go home and have a nice glass of wine. Thursday cannot come soon enough and then I will be fine.

Hope by some miracle my boys do well. Regardless, I am so proud of them. They have turned out to be very well adjusted boys. Even though this solo parenting thing is hard-I recognize what a true double blessing I have with my sons.

Thanks for reading.

--hide--
Praying Praying Praying theheart hug

Jan 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Theresa-637436 said: I have no idea how it is going to be 5 years on Wednesday-that does not even seem possible. I a...

Thanks for reading.

--hide--
Well, Theresa, we can't exactly wish you a happy anniversary, but there is some consolation in knowing your husband is in a better place. (No reflection on you, of course.)

Your husband was part of your life for several years -- you won't wipe out his memory, but you have been moving forward. The difficulty is being a single parent -- tiring, but rewarding. It seems your attitude toward your sons is very positive -- you see them as blessings rather than burdens.

It might be an act of providence that your sons will be involved in a basketball contest on the anniversary date. It may relieve some of the stress and sadness. Your husband still lives through your sons -- they're a part of him and vice versa.

It seems though that you're going to want and/or need some downtime so you can meditate and reflect. That can be helpful for your peace of mind. It's important to be there for your children, but you also need some "me" time.

You've gotten this far -- that's a sign of progress. We hope it will continue.... hug

Jan 22nd 2013 new

Thanks for reading.

--hide--

Peace to you and your sons Theresa! Praying

Jan 23rd 2013 new

Thanks for reading.

--hide--

I know how surreal it is, but sure enough the days keep going by turning into months and then years. Isn't it wonderful how the next day seems to be so much easier? It is almost like the air is easier to breath.

So glad you have your sons with you. You are right...as time passes it does get easier. I just recently started thinking of that day as being when the angels took him home. I don't know...the thought just came out of nowhere and it is very comforting. I know God is with us and wants us to find joy in life. I don't know if you are anything like me about this, but I tend to work real hard at helping God out. Recently, I decided to let Him handle it and relax. The jury is still out, but I think it is easier.

I am praying that you and your sons find comfort today and everyday, and I'll bet there are many others out there doing the same thing.

Enjoy your wine, Theresa.

God bless,

Elizabeth hug

Jan 23rd 2013 new

Thanks everyone for the kind words and support. The day is almost over-cannot wait. Today was not too bad-just keeping myself very busy. I had a very productive day at work and then my boys and I went to their basketball contest. My one son made it to the finals and came in third place out of 25 or so kids and lost to a kid a grade older. My other son still did ok so all is good on that front. We came home and had dinner in the TV room (a special treat in our house). I am exhausted so off to bed for all of us soon-not even sure if I need that glass of wine.

Thanks again for remembering our family in your prayers-It means so much to me.
Theresa

Jan 23rd 2013 new
(Quote) Theresa-637436 said: I have no idea how it is going to be 5 years on Wednesday-that does not even seem possible. I always hate th...

Thanks for reading.

--hide--

hug hug Praying Praying Praying You have my prayers.....
Jan 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Theresa-637436 said: Thanks everyone for the kind words and support. The day is almost over-cannot wait. Today was n...

Thanks everyone for the kind words and support. The day is almost over-cannot wait. Today was not too bad-just keeping myself very busy. I had a very productive day at work and then my boys and I went to their basketball contest. My one son made it to the finals and came in third place out of 25 or so kids and lost to a kid a grade older. My other son still did ok so all is good on that front. We came home and had dinner in the TV room (a special treat in our house). I am exhausted so off to bed for all of us soon-not even sure if I need that glass of wine.

Theresa

--hide--

Here's to Thursday, Theresa. beer Cheers! Hope it is an excellent day! crossfingers

Wishing all of God's blessings to you and your sons,

-Elizabeth hug wave

Jan 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Theresa-637436 said: Thanks everyone for the kind words and support. The day is almost over-cannot wait. Today was n...

Theresa

--hide--
You survived, Theresa!!! That's the important thing. You got through the day.

Oftentimes, the anticipation is worse than the actual event. People have a tendency to overthink, to worry and fret about how they are going to feel, and mentally dread the coming of "that day". Once it has arrived, most people discover it wasn't as bad as expected. More likely it was worse in earlier years, but with some planning (as opposed to worrying and being anxious) the problems can be reduced. Sometimes the biggest fear is that we don't know how we will be feeling or acting. Just be yourself, and prayerfully try to get through the day. It's ok to be sad, cry, be alone if that helps, or be with a close friend so you can share your emotions.

Always remember: "Tomorrow is a better day", as a friend once told us. hug

Posts 1 - 10 of 10