Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Jan 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Angela-374523 said: I live in Canada. I just deal with it. Growing up it seemed a lot more fun when you could build ...
(Quote) Angela-374523 said:

I live in Canada. I just deal with it. Growing up it seemed a lot more fun when you could build snow forts and snowmen and make snow angels. Now I have to shovel and plug in my car and scrape the windshield.

We are in the middle of a humdinger of a cold snap. It is supposed to be -39 degrees Celsius, that -38.2 degrees Fahrenheit. And that's 234.15 degrees Kelvin.

--hide--

Hi Angela, I normally deal with it to, its the wind chill that's no fun. It says we are -6 F, -22 windchill now. But your forecast makes me feel warm. Thanks for the Kelvin - I really appreciate that. stir the pot! Its getting cold! - brings back happy chemistry memories.

You have all my weather sympathy.

Jan 23rd 2013 new

I guess we are all getting this kiss from Canada. I surely don't want to move to Duluth, MN.

Thanks for the posts - I appreciate all the comments. A burden shared is no burden at all.

Jan 23rd 2013 new

Burden? God made winter because his world can never be too gorgeous.

Jan 23rd 2013 new

The biggest issue for me about winter is not the cold temperatures, but pushing my Rolling Along through the snow. Fortunately, when it has snowed here this winter, for the most part it hasn't been too terribly deep.

Jan 23rd 2013 new

God made winter so we can ski! I want to move closer to the snow. But at the same time, I used to live in Iowa, and I know what you mean about the MN winter. That gives the term winter a whole new meaning. Not sure what God was thinking on that one... scratchchin

Jan 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Lisa-54615 said: God made winter so we can ski! I want to move closer to the snow. But at the same time, I used to l...
(Quote) Lisa-54615 said:

God made winter so we can ski! I want to move closer to the snow. But at the same time, I used to live in Iowa, and I know what you mean about the MN winter. That gives the term winter a whole new meaning. Not sure what God was thinking on that one...

--hide--

I love to ski, but have gone only once since hosting a CM ski event in January 2007. My last ski trip was in 2010. The following winter I had heart surgery, and since then I've been hampered by problems with my shoulder -- a recurrence of an injury which caused the three year gap from 2007 to 2010. I was just discharged from therapy today, hopefully by next winter I will be ready to ski again .....

Me (in the red jacket) resting between skiing runs at Silver Creek Ski Area, Snowshoe, West Virginia, February 2006.

"Me (in the red jacket) resting between skiing runs..."

Jan 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Matthew-617971 said: Burden? God made winter because his world can never be too gorgeous.
(Quote) Matthew-617971 said:

Burden? God made winter because his world can never be too gorgeous.

--hide--

Sometimes it is gorgeous, I'll give you credit for that - Mr. Arizona. cool

Jan 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: The biggest issue for me about winter is not the cold temperatures, but pushing my through the sno...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said:

The biggest issue for me about winter is not the cold temperatures, but pushing my through the snow. Fortunately, when it has snowed here this winter, for the most part it hasn't been too terribly deep.

--hide--

I had friend at work that dealt with that too, but it seemed to work out. We have a good skyway system in the metro area and the sidewalks in town were done pretty well. Do you have skyways where you are Edward?

Jan 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Andrea-368827 said: I had friend at work that dealt with that too, but it seemed to work out. We have a...
(Quote) Andrea-368827 said:

I had friend at work that dealt with that too, but it seemed to work out. We have a good skyway system in the metro area and the sidewalks in town were done pretty well. Do you have skyways where you are Edward?

--hide--

Haven't seen very many skyways around Morgantown -- this is a college town of just under 30,000 residents. There is one covered pedestrian bridge over University Avenue on the West Virginia U. downtown campus, but it's fairly new (did not exist when I moved here in 1995) and I've never had the occasion to use it.

Most of the buildings in the downtown business district are fairly old and there are no skyways there.

I live in an apartment complex just outside town. Usually the maintenance crew is good at clearing the sidewalks, but sometimes if it snows overnight and I have to leave early, I'll have to push through snow because they haven't gotten to clearing around my building yet.

Jan 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Lisa-54615 said: God made winter so we can ski! I want to move closer to the snow. But at the same time, I used to l...
(Quote) Lisa-54615 said:

God made winter so we can ski! I want to move closer to the snow. But at the same time, I used to live in Iowa, and I know what you mean about the MN winter. That gives the term winter a whole new meaning. Not sure what God was thinking on that one...

--hide--

San Diego is supposed to be really nice, I think. Snow is good. Cold, windy, dark, icy not so nice. I cross-country ski - but I think its too much work - I'd rather hike.

Posts 11 - 20 of 88