Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Jan 24th 2013 new

My guess is that God made winter to make spring that much better. I do like snow and fun, but bitter cold is not fun. God bless anyone who doesn't have heat today.

Jan 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: I love to ski, but have gone only once since hosting a CM ski event in January 2007. My la...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said:

I love to ski, but have gone only once since hosting a CM ski event in January 2007. My last ski trip was in 2010. The following winter I had heart surgery, and since then I've been hampered by problems with my shoulder -- a recurrence of an injury which caused the three year gap from 2007 to 2010. I was just discharged from therapy today, hopefully by next winter I will be ready to ski again .....

Me (in the red jacket) resting between skiing runs at Silver Creek Ski Area, Snowshoe, West Virginia, February 2006.

"Me (in the red jacket) resting between skiing runs..."

--hide--

I've only done slow slopes - there is one hill - about 15 miles from here. I hope you get some recovery on the shoulder so you can ski some more. Heart surgery - doesn't sound like much fun, glad you are still with us. I don't think I'll be on any CM ski trips, but you look like a pro.

Jan 24th 2013 new

(Quote) John-746882 said: My guess is that God made winter to make spring that much better. I do like snow and fun, but bitt...
(Quote) John-746882 said:

My guess is that God made winter to make spring that much better. I do like snow and fun, but bitter cold is not fun. God bless anyone who doesn't have heat today.

--hide--

I agree, spring does seem very joyful then. I suppose instead of a desert to pray though, we get cold.

Jan 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Andrea-368827 said: I've only done slow slopes - there is one hill - about 15 miles from here. I ho...
(Quote) Andrea-368827 said:

I've only done slow slopes - there is one hill - about 15 miles from here. I hope you get some recovery on the shoulder so you can ski some more. Heart surgery - doesn't sound like much fun, glad you are still with us. I don't think I'll be on any CM ski trips, but you look like a pro.

--hide--

I had an aortic valve replacement. Feb. 1 is the two-year anniversary.

Jan 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: I had an aortic valve replacement. Feb. 1 is the two-year anniversary.

--hide--

That's amazing that they can do that. Was it done in an emergency or planned?

I'm all for surgeons, doctors and pills not so much.

Jan 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Andrea-368827 said: (Quote) Edward-4511 said: I had an aortic valve replacement. Feb....

Quote:
Edward-4511 said:

That's amazing that they can do that. Was it done in an emergency or planned?

I'm all for surgeons, doctors and pills not so much.

--hide--

It was planned, but very quick from diagnosis to surgery .... just under 3 months. They gave me a homograft (donated human valve from a cadaver) because it carries the least risk of the valve becoming infected; this was considered to be important given my history of urinary infections. On my last visit with my cardiologist, though, he said since I've passed the one year mark since surgery, the risk of the valve becoming infected is now much less.

Jan 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: It was planned, but very quick from diagnosis to surgery .... just under 3 months. They ga...

It was planned, but very quick from diagnosis to surgery .... just under 3 months. They gave me a homograft (donated human valve from a cadaver) because it carries the least risk of the valve becoming infected; this was considered to be important given my history of urinary infections. On my last visit with my cardiologist, though, he said since I've passed the one year mark since surgery, the risk of the valve becoming infected is now much less.

--hide--

That is good news. Its nice when things work out. I like hearing about medical cases like that and know what's possible these days.

I hope it keeps doing its job for you for a very long time.

Jan 24th 2013 new

zoom it is so nice to get to know you in here and pray for many more years...

theheart God made winter as a reminder all things are new (spring) after death (fall) ... snow is a blanket to keep us warm and to reminder that we are (snow) angels (not able to do that in mud or sand). However, you can put a foot print in the sand on the beach and the waves washes it away...

Changes in season is good like the color of the rainbows or even our lives it is not boring but keeps us alert and on our toes. Winter gives us different pleasure ~ ski, snowman, snowballs, snowboarding, etc... spring has sprung for us summer ~ where fall roll us for winter everything is rolled up for hailstorm, snowballs, etc either way we need the rain or face a drought

For me rather have winter, except for ice, cleans the air, better than a sand storm or humidity. heart

Jan 24th 2013 new

Hearken unto me my children! and it will be revealed unto thee the origins of Winter. I might add that hear in 'Sunny' 'Warm' '7 million blow flies', 'i million European wasps!' Oh, the thrill of an outside BBQ!!. But I digress, let us return to the question at hand, "Why did God make winter??" short answer, 'He didn't!' Garden of Eden had no snow resorts, I'm dreaming of a White Christmas had not been written or recorded because there was no Winter and therefore no Winter. So let us now meander down the byways of history to the Gates of Eden, where residing in the tree of life was an egocentric pit hisser (when saying pit hisser please do not be under the influence of alchohol!) by the name of Satan. There was the little sod basking in the sun entwined in the Tree of Life Pssssssssting to Eve like a crooked watch seller in a rancid flea market. Well she didn't buy a watch but ended up with an Apple (another reason for buying an IBM clone!) Well bang! flash! and kaboom! the next thing you know Adam and Eve the makers of Winter got frozen out of the Garden and the Heat got turned up on the Old Pit Hisser. Now you know why it is so cold. It is said in scripture that the devil, Satan, prowls around the earth seeking to devour souls. So here is the explanation of the seasons. As the Pit Hisser goes on Global hunt he can be easily tracked. Where ever Autumn begins he is about to arrive, and Winter hits, he's in town baby! And as he is taking all the heat now, that's why we freeze. You can see I've taken the scientific route!!! To go further when Spring starts to appear Rattle Snake Pants is moving on. So it must now be clearly understood that God did not make winter the heat is on the Pit Hisser.

Hello to all my forum Fiends er mean Friends, if you kick the R's out of Friends you get Fiends! My health is still lousy, I have endured a preponderous bevy of disasters. My kidneys have turned on me with theemotional trauma of Mum andI have had 8 incremental drops in kidney function and a host of problems are spinning off that. But I won't give in!!! Here is my latest contribution for anew wave of fortune cookies, sample 1: Remember Grasshopper, a Buzzard is nothing more than an extremely big, ugly chicken! But there's more to share around!!

Jan 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Andrea-368827 said: Its cold and dark here in Minnesota. I'm counting down the days til January is over. ...

Its cold and dark here in Minnesota. I'm counting down the days til January is over.

Whomever thinks Global Warming sounds scary to us in Minnesota - should think again.

Globally Cooling - now that's a scary thought!

Clearly they need to stick to saying, Global Climate Change.

Please, tell me something about where you are?

Weather is definitely a current event topic in Minnesota.

--hide--

wave Hi Andrea, bring on the Global warming. Anyway, God made Winter to test our strength and to let us know there are brighter days ahead Sunrise eyepopping laughing

Posts 21 - 30 of 88