Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Jan 27th 2013 new

Andrea, God made winter to give our guardian angels a chance to drive when it is total white out, or iced roads during a blizzard.

Also to dance with the northern lights...these are more colorful and move faster in Yellowknife then here in northern Alberta...and let us not forget the beautiful frost on everything or the huge icicles, especially years back when the housing wasn't as well insulated.

Yes, and those cozy nights with the fireplace crackling and enjoying popcorn and hot chocolate.

Jan 27th 2013 new
(Quote) Tom-54311 said: I was stationed one winter in Minot, ND.....not fit for human habitation!God created winter f...
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

I was stationed one winter in Minot, ND.....not fit for human habitation!

God created winter for good people because He knew snowmobiles would be invented.

He created winter for bad people, Packer fans, in order to punish them.

--hide--
I don't think Packer fans regard it as punishment .... There's a reason that Lambeau Field is nicknamed "The Frozen Tundra" and I'm pretty certain Pack supporters wear it as a badge of honor ....

<---- Lions fan Lion
Jan 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Raphael-888821 said: Because it provides a safe temperature buffer. This protects the Earth from roasting during its...
(Quote) Raphael-888821 said:

Because it provides a safe temperature buffer. This protects the Earth from roasting during its closest approach to the sun. Additionally it helps with the life cycle of vegetation and enables many ecologies to be balanced especially in the Northern climates.

--hide--

Yes, oh the balance of things. Isn't it amazing it all comes back to life.

Jan 28th 2013 new

Oh, if only I could put them all together...

Jan 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-848472 said: Andrea, God made winter to give our guardian angels a chance to drive when it is total white out,...
(Quote) Donna-848472 said:

Andrea, God made winter to give our guardian angels a chance to drive when it is total white out, or iced roads during a blizzard.

Also to dance with the northern lights...these are more colorful and move faster in Yellowknife then here in northern Alberta...and let us not forget the beautiful frost on everything or the huge icicles, especially years back when the housing wasn't as well insulated.

Yes, and those cozy nights with the fireplace crackling and enjoying popcorn and hot chocolate.

--hide--

I like the picture you paint Donna. I'm starting to realize people are actually up there in Canada wave Yellowknife, holy smokes that's too far north.

If global warming comes - maybe you can be in the new Minnesota and I'll be in new Florida.

Actually I like winter, if I'm free to play outside. I wonder how many local CM relationships you Canadians find. scratchchin

Jan 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Andrea-368827 said: Oh, if only I could put them all together...
(Quote) Andrea-368827 said:

Oh, if only I could put them all together...

--hide--

Do you have any pictures, to go along with our winter day that included skiing with the Pope.

Jan 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: I don't think Packer fans regard it as punishment .... There's a reason that Lambeau Field is nic...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said: I don't think Packer fans regard it as punishment .... There's a reason that Lambeau Field is nicknamed "The Frozen Tundra" and I'm pretty certain Pack supporters wear it as a badge of honor ....

<---- Lions fan
--hide--

regardless! They need to be punished!

BTW Zoom, what does a Lions fan know about anything anyway??? wink

a Vikings fan.

Jan 28th 2013 new

Here in Wisconsin, it is snow covered (again) and temperatures are in the low 30s.

Don't worry Tom, I could care less about the Packers. I'm more of a purple and gold fan myself, though, that is purple and gold Mavericks, Minnesota State University Mavericks. They almost had a winning season, made it to the final four in their division. biggrin but lost to Valdosta State weeping anywho there is always next year.

I love winter, especially when there is snow but I hate the windchill, the cold is okay but the windchill is not. Though, I am looking forward to warmer weather. It is getting hard when you look out the window and see the sun shining and thinking when you step outside because you want to stand in the sunshine thinking it will be warm but it in reality it will be cold.

Posts 81 - 88 of 88