Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Jan 24th 2013 new

I have only met one person from outside my local area and she drove here and met me. She had friends in the area and planned on meeting them anyways so it was nice how that worked out. I would be willing to travel though to meet someone if we had a pretty strong connection. The first time I met someone I was pretty nervous, but over the years I have learned that everyone is in the same boat and its actually easier meeting someone if you talk to them for at least a month and get to know them. I usually worry about the people that seem to be in a rush so I try to put the breaks on early and let them know that I want to take my time early on. Friends first and see what happens next!

Jan 24th 2013 new

I have only met one person from outside my local area and she drove here and met me. She had friends in the area and planned on meeting them anyways so it was nice how that worked out. I would be willing to travel though to meet someone if we had a pretty strong connection. The first time I met someone I was pretty nervous, but over the years I have learned that everyone is in the same boat and its actually easier meeting someone if you talk to them for at least a month and get to know them. I usually worry about the people that seem to be in a rush so I try to put the breaks on early and let them know that I want to take my time early on. Friends first and see what happens next!

Jan 30th 2013 new

My experiences have been with gentlemen few hours away. In every case, he was the one to travel. It was just for one day and it was for several hours. It made me feel important that I was being traveled for, but I know that several states away can change things. I am not opposed to traveling myself or meeting in the middle. biggrin

Feb 2nd 2013 new

I think the mall would be a good place to meet. biggrin Especially on a busy day like Saturday...that way you won't be alone...and won't feel too awkward. Meet at Starbucks or some coffee shop...or food court. Coffee Then...go walking around. That's my ideal first meeting. biggrin

theheart Dove cookiemonster United States Flag

Feb 2nd 2013 new

Wow, I have not had a first meeting since 2006, when I was on here a few years ago. He was from Alaska and I was going to school in Minnesota. He came down for a few days visit with me. He stayed in the hotel across from campus. For me, it was great to finally to meet the guy who I had been communicating with for a few months.

Feb 3rd 2013 new
Casual & coffee...
Feb 3rd 2013 new

I haven't gone any road trips to meet someone yet, but I love road trips so in theory, I wouldn't have a problem dating someone within driving distance, which for me, is a very long 700 miles (the maximum amount of miles I think I could comfortably drive solo in a day and I would use one of my many three day weekends to do it)

There is something both beautiful, relaxing, and prayerful about road trips, especially being out West where everything is wide open road outside the major cities. If I were to plan it out I'd probably be the one willing to make the trip because its enjoyable to me and then I'd just get a hotel for a couple days. I never take vacation time so even if it were not a natural three day weekend it would not be overwhelmingly difficult for me to request a Friday off.

Feb 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Jennifer-567618 said: What is everyone's opinions/thoughts on first meetings? How have you approached them? Have you be...
(Quote) Jennifer-567618 said: What is everyone's opinions/thoughts on first meetings? How have you approached them? Have you been the one to travel, did the other party travel to you, or did you decide to meet somewhere in the middle? What about when living a few states apart? How long do you make your stay then? Please discuss! :)
--hide--
I would be more than willing to drive or fly to meet her... if I can get her to respond at least to my message weeping

Feb 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Jennifer-567618 said: What is everyone's opinions/thoughts on first meetings? How have you approached them? Have you be...
(Quote) Jennifer-567618 said: What is everyone's opinions/thoughts on first meetings? How have you approached them? Have you been the one to travel, did the other party travel to you, or did you decide to meet somewhere in the middle? What about when living a few states apart? How long do you make your stay then? Please discuss! :)
--hide--

For me, first meetings are always nervewracking and exciting at the same time. Haha. Being a new user on CM, I've never met anyone on here but I've met people from other sites. I usually would prefer to meet somewhere in the middle unless I have been talking to someone for quite some time in which case I wouldn't mind going the extra mile to see them (something I usually end up doing). Unfortunately, it doesn't really seem that the women I've done that for really appreciated it much! laughing

Feb 25th 2013 new

--hide--

Posts 11 - 20 of 25