Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Sometimes I think there isn't a man out there looking for a woman in my age category (77) I still have lots of life in me, love to do lots of things, but I haven't had any interest shown in me. Is it the age, or am I doing something wrong (or not doing something right)?

Jan 24th 2013 new

you do look like you still have a lot of life...I don't think men in your age group can keep up with you laughing

I wish those younger men will just look at your look and ignore your age...can you post without age?

Jan 24th 2013 new

hi luanne, if only the men would look past a number and view your profile, then they would see a very charming and active woman. shhh yes there are plenty of men past 70, search from 69-80 with unlimited miles and you will see them, and also see whom is online. hug

i have a few aunts and uncles that were in their 70's and married hersheyskiss rose cupid Dove for the 2nd time. love is possible, and if you want it bad enough, just click on their picture. cool cowboy

hopefully, they will recognize that your smile is genuine, and will message back... weeping but only if they are a member!

Jan 26th 2013 new

A friend of mine's father married a high school friend about 6 years ago. They were in their late 70's early 80's. So yes, there is someone out there for everyone regardless of age.

Jan 26th 2013 new

I just saw a video clip the other day about two people in their 80's who knew each other in high school and hadn't seen each other in person since then. They both had married and their spouses were deceased. They reconnected and he was travelling to see her in person for the first time since high school. He was soooo nervous. It was the nicest thing. They were sooo happy to see each other. They had been messaging and skyping each other before they met. He liked her and could not wait to see her at the airport. They hugged and hugged each other. It was really a very nice video and I believe love is possible at any age. :)

Jan 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Luanne-865869 said: Sometimes I think there isn't a man out there looking for a woman in my age category (77) I ...
(Quote) Luanne-865869 said:

Sometimes I think there isn't a man out there looking for a woman in my age category (77) I still have lots of life in me, love to do lots of things, but I haven't had any interest shown in me. Is it the age, or am I doing something wrong (or not doing something right)?

--hide--

Two years ago, my Dad officially started dating my godmother. Dad had been a widower for 20 years and my godmother had been a widow for 4 years. Dad is 80 and my godmother is 86. They are the sweetest couple and so happy together, and Dad is happier than I have seen him in a long time.

- Elizabeth

Jan 26th 2013 new

Hi Junita!

I'm sure there are men in my age group that still have life in them. It wouldn't bother me if they were a few years younger or older. I'm looking for a nice companion who loves the Lord. The rest should take care of itself. I wish you lots of luck in your search!

Jan 26th 2013 new

Yes, I do see men in my age category, but very few in my area. It would be kind of hard to leave all my grandkids behind and move somewhere across the country, although I do have a daughter in Virginia who I miss seeing as much as I would like. I still travel cross country to see them by car as often as I can. I sure would like to have a companion traveling with me, though (smiles).

Jan 26th 2013 new

Hi Geri!

Yes, I met my second husband at a Senior Center and we were extremely happy together. Unfortunately, 2 months after we married, we found out he had Leukemia, and we only had 5 years together before he passed away. But they were the happiest 5 years of my life; we held hands and attended daily Mass together, and I long to have that wonderful companionship again. It has been 8 years since he died and I think it's time for me to meet someone new, who loves the Lord as much as I do.

Jan 26th 2013 new

Hi Cathy!

Yes, I know it's possible - anything is possible if God wills it. Sounds great! Sure hope God wills it (smiles)!

Posts 1 - 10 of 22