Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: When I was still working and riding the bus, we had a lady driver who stood over six feet and had...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

When I was still working and riding the bus, we had a lady driver who stood over six feet and had shoulders to rival a Redskins linebacker. There may be some women who can handle combat conditions, but they would be a rare exception. Another thing to consider is that the combat soldier of today may be a thing of the past in another generation or two. We seem to be relying more on Special Ops. rather than sheer numbers. Out of necessity we are incrementally relying on drones and other robotics technology.

For us Catholics who are well aware of our Holy Father's viewpoint on war, it is frustrating to see it's technological evolution rather than it's eventual elimination.

--hide--

Maybe your bus driver was really a man. You know, a cross dresser. We see them on the subway all the time.

Jan 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Maybe your bus driver was really a man. You know, a cross dresser. We see them on the ...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Maybe your bus driver was really a man. You know, a cross dresser. We see them on the subway all the time.

--hide--
Long story short, I ran the photo lab for the National Observer weekly newspaper back in the 70's, and I was processing film taken of an interview of a lady who was heading up a startup car company in California. She claimed her new vehicle could get 70mpg, there were pics of it in her showroom, but no one was allowed to peek under the hood because of course it was "top secret." Later when I was printing the negs selected for enlargement, I noticed the 6'+ "lady" had very large hands. I pointed this out to the pic editor and another editor and then forgot about it. A few weeks later a story broke about a woman in Texas who recognized the "lady" in our story as the husband who had previously left her and their kids. The car was phony, he had duped investors out of millions, and Time magazine was fooled also.

Jan 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: I have heard from women who were on those ships that rape and the pressure ...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

I have heard from women who were on those ships that rape and the pressure not to tell or complain about the rapes were on those ships, too.

- Elizabeth

--hide--
Fraternizing, or events even beyond that, have occured since the genders were co-mingled on their assignments. It may not be right, but it was inevitable.

As far as front-line combatants, they have been indirectly cast in this role because the nature of warfare has changed radically. No longer do you have one side dressed in one type of uniform and the enemy in another. Battle lines are not drawn. Vietnam was especially noted for this -- you never knew who the enemy was. Women who were not in combat roles found themselves facing combat. If this is to happen, the least the armed forces can do is to train them. This won't eliminate the problem, but could reduce injuries or worse.

Some women have fought for this role. It will be interesting to see if they continue to do so once they are in the line of fire.

Logistically, the mixing of genders presents problems. Trying to keep facilities separate could prove difficult and costly, yet it something that must be done to preserve dignity and modesty. There will be circumstances where all of this will fly out the window, and that's an added concern. Patrolling in desert terrain leaves little room for privacy.

Physically, it is a fact that most women do not have the same level of upper body strength as men. After seeing photos of the gear that must be carried by a lot of the troops, it will be difficult for women to match that level. No doubt there are several who can, but I wouldn't want to guess at the numbers or percentage. If they are to survive in combat roles, they'll all have to be on an equal plane.

We knew this day would eventually come. Now it's a matter of seeing how it will play out and if the concept proves disastrous. If there are women who can't handle their share of the load, it will put men in danger as well.

I think of women police officers who were initially thought to be unqualified because of the physical force sometimes needed. They have proved to be successful because of their ability to talk many suspects into submission, rather than by force. Unfortunately, they can't do this with a military enemy who is out to destroy them.

It would be ideal if there were no combat situations, but that's expecting too much for now. We'd like to see all of our troops, both male and female, come home safely and unharmed physically and mentally.

Pray hard for peace so that our troops aren't at risk.

Jan 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Maybe your bus driver was really a man. You know, a cross dresser. We see them on the ...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

--hide--
Why do they call these people "cross" dressers when they seem so contented to wear clothing of the opposite gender? rolling eyes eyebrow faint

Jan 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Long story short, I ran the photo lab for the National Observer weekly newspaper back in the 70&#...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Long story short, I ran the photo lab for the National Observer weekly newspaper back in the 70's, and I was processing film taken of an interview of a lady who was heading up a startup car company in California. She claimed her new vehicle could get 70mpg, there were pics of it in her showroom, but no one was allowed to peek under the hood because of course it was "top secret." Later when I was printing the negs selected for enlargement, I noticed the 6'+ "lady" had very large hands. I pointed this out to the pic editor and another editor and then forgot about it. A few weeks later a story broke about a woman in Texas who recognized the "lady" in our story as the husband who had previously left her and their kids. The car was phony, he had duped investors out of millions, and Time magazine was fooled also.

--hide--

This isn't the same person as your bus driver is it?

I guess if you change from a man to a woman, it will be harder for someone to find you if they are
looking for you. That is a good coverup. The hands tell a lot though as you said. The Jawline also.

Jan 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Why do they call these people "cross" dressers when they seem so contented to wear clothi...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Why do they call these people "cross" dressers when they seem so contented to wear clothing of the opposite gender?

--hide--

Well, I can only suggest that they crossed the gender line. Or maybe they shopped in the women's department at
Macy's rather than in the men's department. That can happen. scratchchin

Jan 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Fraternizing, or events even beyond that, have occured since the genders were co-mingled on their a...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Fraternizing, or events even beyond that, have occured since the genders were co-mingled on their assignments. It may not be right, but it was inevitable.

As far as front-line combatants, they have been indirectly cast in this role because the nature of warfare has changed radically. No longer do you have one side dressed in one type of uniform and the enemy in another. Battle lines are not drawn. Vietnam was especially noted for this -- you never knew who the enemy was. Women who were not in combat roles found themselves facing combat. If this is to happen, the least the armed forces can do is to train them. This won't eliminate the problem, but could reduce injuries or worse.

Some women have fought for this role. It will be interesting to see if they continue to do so once they are in the line of fire.

Logistically, the mixing of genders presents problems. Trying to keep facilities separate could prove difficult and costly, yet it something that must be done to preserve dignity and modesty. There will be circumstances where all of this will fly out the window, and that's an added concern. Patrolling in desert terrain leaves little room for privacy.

Physically, it is a fact that most women do not have the same level of upper body strength as men. After seeing photos of the gear that must be carried by a lot of the troops, it will be difficult for women to match that level. No doubt there are several who can, but I wouldn't want to guess at the numbers or percentage. If they are to survive in combat roles, they'll all have to be on an equal plane.

We knew this day would eventually come. Now it's a matter of seeing how it will play out and if the concept proves disastrous. If there are women who can't handle their share of the load, it will put men in danger as well.

I think of women police officers who were initially thought to be unqualified because of the physical force sometimes needed. They have proved to be successful because of their ability to talk many suspects into submission, rather than by force. Unfortunately, they can't do this with a military enemy who is out to destroy them.

It would be ideal if there were no combat situations, but that's expecting too much for now. We'd like to see all of our troops, both male and female, come home safely and unharmed physically and mentally.

Pray hard for peace so that our troops aren't at risk.

--hide--
Hi Ray, excellent point on women's verbal abilities in policing situations.

Jan 28th 2013 new
(Quote) Brian-252799 said: Its been in the news a lot lately.Your views please.
(Quote) Brian-252799 said:

Its been in the news a lot lately.Your views please.

--hide--

You know I dated someone in college who ultimately broke up with me because I refused to join the service so we could have careers in the military together. I have a lot of respect for those who choose that path.... It is not for me.....
Jan 28th 2013 new

waveWrong! Who has been lying to you?? Woman are faster and work harder then men could ever! They have more dexterity then men and are far smarter to.All this has been proven it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know this: Fact! Would everyone that is an American fight for what they believe in?Woman can serve in other ways to, like medical and hospitals all depends but to be up front in the battlefields is their call if they are serving their country and doing what is right for what they believe in.Many woman in other countries get killed every day defending what they believe. I saw movies that a solider brought back from Viet Nam and it was at that time very horrible but true and the woman there even put explosives inside themselves to kill our boys no one seemed to terrified back then why now? Why all the boys getting killed if they want to serve then let them.Christians getting killed every day for the Kingdom of the Lord men woman and children!

Jan 28th 2013 new

[quote]Nancy-926029 said:

Wrong! Who has been lying to you?? Woman are faster and work harder then men could ever! They have more dexterity then men and are far smarter to.All this has been proven it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know this: Fact! Would everyone that is an American fight for what they believe in?Woman can serve in other ways to, like medical and hospitals all depends but to be up front in the battlefields is their call if they are serving their country and doing what is right for what they believe in.Many woman in other countries get killed every day defending what they believe. I saw movies that a solider brought back from Viet Nam and it was at that time very horrible but true and the woman there even put explosives inside themselves to kill our boys no one seemed to terrified back then why now? Why all the boys getting killed if they want to serve then let them.Christians getting killed every day for the Kingdom of the Lord men woman and children!

[/quote

You first four sentences are utter nonsensical feminist nonsense. Faster at what? Not in foot races. All records are held by men. Working harder is not necessarily a mark of achievement. Working smarter is. But if by that you mean that women can do harder work then men, on average that is nonsense for the simple reason that on average men are stronger and can, therefore, work harder. Women are better at tedious tasks, that is fact.

As far as being smarter, that is also total nonsense, since women's IQs fall on the same bell curve that men's IQs fall. So your 5th sentence is also hogwwash because none of the content of your first 4 sentences have been proven.

Can't argue with the rest of your observations.

I would point out that in the West, Judeo - Christian world women have been held in such high regard that they were to be shielded from direct involvement in combat. And there is even, if you will, a biological basis for it. A single male can inpregnate any number of females. But once a female is impregnated, she cannot get pregnant again until her pregnancy is over. Males cannot nurse babies.

Posts 31 - 40 of 97