Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Jan 28th 2013 new

I'm not claiming a side in this debate,

I wouldn't put women there for a number of biological reasons.

On the otherhand,

I do recognize Joan of Arc (but for me, I also recognize Jesus' way of handling things - love of enemy).

I think we live in a era of lawsuits and this is their way of avoiding that by opening it up voluntarily.

I think it also has to do with giving credence to a woman President.

Strength wise women lose, can she drive a tank probably.

Jan 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Andrea-368827 said: I'm not claiming a side in this debate, I wouldn't put women there for a number o...
(Quote) Andrea-368827 said:

I'm not claiming a side in this debate,

I wouldn't put women there for a number of biological reasons.

On the otherhand,

I do recognize Joan of Arc (but for me, I also recognize Jesus' way of handling things - love of enemy).

I think we live in a era of lawsuits and this is their way of avoiding that by opening it up voluntarily.

I think it also has to do with giving credence to a woman President.

Strength wise women lose, can she drive a tank probably.

--hide--
Hi Andrea, which woman Presidential candidate ?

Jan 29th 2013 new

When I was in training, they were doing capability studies on my class. They did some basic studies on things like machine gun lifts, 12 mile humps, fireman's carry, etc. Most of the females were able to complete everything, but usually not as fast as the males.

I wouldn't want to be a 200 lb Marine whose life depended on a 130 lb female Marine if I were shot in full combat gear. Add up body weight, kevlar, flak jacket, boots and cammies, weapons, etc for both Marines- thats a lot of weight to put on anyone, especially a female!

Maybe a better question is "Will an 18 year old boot follow a lightweight female LT who just finished college into a firefight?" We'll see...

Jan 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernie-645443 said: Hi Andrea, which woman Presidential candidate ?
(Quote) Bernie-645443 said:

--hide--

Haha. No.

Jan 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Benjamin-913301 said: When I was in training, they were doing capability studies on my class. They did some b<...
(Quote) Benjamin-913301 said:

When I was in training, they were doing capability studies on my class. They did some basic studies on things like machine gun lifts, 12 mile humps, fireman's carry, etc. Most of the females were able to complete everything, but usually not as fast as the males.

I wouldn't want to be a 200 lb Marine whose life depended on a 130 lb female Marine if I were shot in full combat gear. Add up body weight, kevlar, flak jacket, boots and cammies, weapons, etc for both Marines- thats a lot of weight to put on anyone, especially a female!

Maybe a better question is "Will an 18 year old boot follow a lightweight female LT who just finished college into a firefight?" We'll see...

--hide--

Benjamin, those are valid physical strength claims and definitely true in today's world.

However, Nova had a show with a new tool in development for firemen, called an exoskeleton, basically all the weight is transferred to the outer frame and not onto the person. So, although, we compare women to men, even men can be improved upon with extra equipment. I transfer my 130 lb. Mother many times every day - it would be a great tool for caregivers too - something I'm more inclined to.

Credibility - that has to be earned the old fashioned way I think.

I think the female reproductive cycle is one of most impeding factors, next to physical strength. Abortion, following an abortion minded woman, increased exposure to rape, management of the cycle, conversion of a woman into a man - these I find troubling.

I think women are a little more meant for loving than killing too.

Jan 29th 2013 new

Sending women into combat???

They should begin with wives -- they've already had some training.....

(Ouch....I'm gonna get it for that one....) laughing

Jan 29th 2013 new

I think these are really moral choices of a nation. (and perhaps should not be so much of a gender comparison.)

Is it morally right to put a woman on the front-lines as a child bearing person?

Would an honorable woman fight next to a man in the name of self-defense probably yes. If a man was available instead would that be better?

Is it right to place a gay man next to another man that is under great duress or loneliness in a war situation?

When is war justifiable, that any man is exposed to those situations?

If you have a high suicide rate among the existing military is it right to impose a new moral choice on that army?

Why do you have a high suicide rate already, what is the nation doing wrong now?

Sending young men from divorced homes and a country with high abortion rates into a high male dominated society is there a link to suicides or is the war not justifiable?

The Moral choices of a nation are probably what is the important part. (i.e. Nazi Germany choices, US dropping nuclear bombs on citizens in WWII and why we don't do it anymore.)

(I have hard time picking a side, because I want to pick the love your enemy side. Whether I can that's another matter. )

Jan 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Andrea-368827 said: (Quote) Bernie-645443 said: Hi Andrea, which woman Presidential candidate...

Quote:
Bernie-645443 said:

Haha. No.

--hide--
Hi Andrea, O K , lol ! Macht Nichts....

I did find it intersting that in 1984, when I offered to vote for Gerri's ticket if a LS feminist would agree to vote for Nancy Kassenbaum or Libby Dole if they ever ran, the response was to spout the usual partisan "politically correct" position.

....but a HC vs. SP presidential race would be fascinating....

Jan 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernie-645443 said: Hi Andrea, O K , lol ! Macht Nichts.... I did find it intersting that in 1984, when I...
(Quote) Bernie-645443 said:

Hi Andrea, O K , lol ! Macht Nichts....

I did find it intersting that in 1984, when I offered to vote for Gerri's ticket if a LS feminist would agree to vote for Nancy Kassenbaum or Libby Dole if they ever ran, the response was to spout the usual partisan "politically correct" position.

....but a HC vs. SP presidential race would be fascinating....

--hide--

Actually I don't think that would be a fasicinating race at all. Two women fighting is quite unappealing, I don't think it would helpful to the country at all.

Jan 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Andrea-368827 said: Actually I don't think that would be a fasicinating race at all. Two women fighting is quite...

Actually I don't think that would be a fasicinating race at all. Two women fighting is quite unappealing, I don't think it would helpful to the country at all.

--hide--

Granted this happens at lower levels of government now. I don't think either of those two candidates is a viable choice now.

Posts 41 - 50 of 97