Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Feb 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-720746 said: Women in the Israeli Defense Force have participated in combat for the past 15 years. I know an Af...
(Quote) Mary-720746 said:

Women in the Israeli Defense Force have participated in combat for the past 15 years. I know an African female officer who particpated in direct combat and her fellow officers said they would follow her into battle any day. At least see how our females who want to be in combat do in a training program. Imbed the liberal press with them. (Note I said imbed.)

--hide--

Where has the IDF been deployed?

Feb 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-720746 said: Women in the Israeli Defense Force have participated in combat for the past 15 years. I know an Af...
(Quote) Mary-720746 said:

Women in the Israeli Defense Force have participated in combat for the past 15 years. I know an African female officer who particpated in direct combat and her fellow officers said they would follow her into battle any day. At least see how our females who want to be in combat do in a training program. Imbed the liberal press with them. (Note I said imbed.)

--hide--

In general the Israel Army has phased women out of dfirect combat activities. In the early days, they did fight side by side with the men. They may stilltrain that way, but it is no longer their policy to use women in direct comabt. That could change.

Feb 2nd 2013 new

I actually really wanted to sign up; I am from a military family and view service to my country as something you should try to do. I sent in a draft card every year until age 25 to receive the little postcard saying women would not be drafted, so there was my civil resistance phase. I tried several times to get to where I could meet the physical standards for men, because being from a military family I didn't want to sign up unless I knew I wouldn't endanger other troops. Running, I eventually was able to keep up with the ROTC cadets in the mornings, and tried a PT test three times. I never made it; my upper arm strength was never sufficient for the push-ups and pull-ups and I could never quite hit the BMI no matter how I tried. (The last recruiter kindly explained to me that I had "adipose tissue deposits" that would probably not change without surgery, poor fellow was trying to kindly let me down.) Doing my hitch just wasn't in the cards. Since then, I still wish there was something I could do for a form of military service but have come to the slow realization that I am not cut out for active combat.

What I do wish is that there were stateside or base positions doing things like supply or even some of the drone work; there's no reason I couldn't do that if trained properly. I could probably even do stateside maintenance squad work (WAC, anyone?) without too much trouble. Active combat? If my presence would endanger other soldiers, I don't want to do that. It's counterintuitive. The noncoms I've talked to with active combat experience pretty well convinced me that there are a lot of reasons I would be a terrible person to be in combat. It's not because I'm not "tough enough" or "smart enough," it's because, well, I'm female. They would feel an instinctive need to protect me even at the cost of endangering others, simply because I'm female. Also, hate to say this, but there are a variety of hazards for women in combat zones that men don't face as much, including the possibility of attacks coming from soldiers in your squad. These hazards are there for combat nurses too, but behind the front lines they are somewhat reduced. Unfortunately, I'm just not that medically inclined or that would be my next attempt. I guess for now what I can do is just make care packages and pray for our troops.

Feb 3rd 2013 new

I recommend reading the article on the website below:

Donnelly: Women in Combat Order 'Dangerous Social Experiment'

www.newsmax.com

Feb 3rd 2013 new

My quick answer: I want Hillary to be the first woman out on the front line. Followed by Michelle.

Other than that, it'll go away if we keep praying to end abortion.

Feb 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Joe-110170 said: My quick answer: I want Hillary to be the first woman out on the front line. Followed by Michelle.<...
(Quote) Joe-110170 said:

My quick answer: I want Hillary to be the first woman out on the front line. Followed by Michelle.

Other than that, it'll go away if we keep praying to end abortion.

--hide--

Excellent quick answer, Joe. If you will let us know how we can help make that happen, I will do what I can to help you. While you are at it, you might include Nancy Pelosi.

Feb 3rd 2013 new

Great article, Bernadette. Here is another good one: www.eagleforum.org. The lowering of standards for females is particularly outrageous.

(Quote) Bernadette-605528 said: Oops, added a symbol. Here's the link again - www.mca-marines.org.
(Quote) Bernadette-605528 said:

Oops, added a symbol. Here's the link again - www.mca-marines.org

--hide--

Posts 91 - 97 of 97