Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: (Quote) Ray-566531 said: Pat -- I do understand your concerns and wish t...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Quote:
Ray-566531 said:

Pat -- I do understand your concerns and wish the reasons for them didn't exist and hope my comments aren't construed as being indifferent. I am well aware that some CM members are affected by mental illness, although most of it is not the type to result in harm to one's self or others. Having had the experience you summarized would no doubt make anyone shaky; no doubt that person doesn't have both of his oars in the water. You have to wonder what this guy was thinking anyway. How would he hope to endear himself to a woman having said what he did? And then the nasty follow-up message as if you were at fault? Ridiculous and troublesome.

For the sake of some brevity, I was commenting mainly upon scammers. They do look for vulnerable people, but there is that time element that could eventually give them away.

There are common sense precautions that everyone should (i.e., must) be taken to feel at least a reasonable degree of safety. These should be followed whether meeting someone from online or personal encounters. Sadly, a lot of which you speak probably won't appear in public records.

When dating CM women, I've done what I can to make sure the lady is comfortable in her surroundings. While there's no need to worry, I can understand she is initially meeting someone unknown to her. Accordingly, there's no pressure to go anywhere that would cause discomfort or worry. Causing fear in someone isn't conducive to a pleasant date.

I do believe that even the best of precautions can't prevent all acts of violence or threats -- and that is unfortunate. Will that eventually doom online dating? We'll have to wait and see.

For now, I see limitations of online dating mainly because the guys just aren't getting together with the gals. Unless meetings and dates take place, no one will find the type of person they are seeking.

Yes, Ray, you are right that a lot of things (including mental illness) would not appear in public records unless, of course, the person had done something violent and been convicted. And, I certainly appreciate when any CM man makes an effort to alleviate any "fear". I'm sure other women on this site do also.

And, I also agree with you that the guys and gals just aren't getting together from the online dating. I do think that what Pat in Chicago has started doing with her face-to-face events/parties and also Match.com has started doing with what it calls stir events (they get a group of similar age/similar location people together by invite which of course you pay extra for such as a group cooking class at a local restaurant with wine and salad served of an evening for about $60 per person) may be an answer (or at least a partial answer) to this dilemma. I have attended 3 of Pat's 4 events and they were all great fun, men mingled with women and viceversa, and hopefully at least a few people connected (although I don't personally know of any dates that resulted from this). Unfortunately since the age range she is inviting is 40-60 I'm at the very upper end of her demographic so usually only 1-3 men at each event who are roughly my age (meaning plus or minus 4 years). But, I think Pat's premise is very sound and perhaps we should be trying to do more of these type of group events (especially since Pat balances the number of men and women at her events, unlike most of the other CM member events which from what I've heard and the one event I attended seem to have about 4 women or more per man (great odds for you guys, though ).

--hide--

This is my observation having attended 30+ CM events over the years and meeting hundreds of CM'rs in person.. The ratio of women to men over all is about 3:1.. Very large is the number of men in their early to mid 40's.. Almost non existent the number over 55.. My experience with this is the ones over 50 who show up tend to be never-marrieds. I think it's because they have the disposable income to spend on events. It aslo makes them 'look' like they are searching.. Of all the never married men I have met since early on in my event experiences, all are still never married. A lot of the women over 50 quickly came to the conclusion that they are not attending events to meet a man, because it ain't happenin'.. I also think men are more prone to looking at the attendee list and if they don't see women on there they 'think' they would be interested in, a bulldozer isn't going to get them away from ESPN long enough to attend. Men have even posted this in the Forums.. They don't see the value of attending unless the woman of their dreams is a 'sure thing'.

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: We are in a different world - or at least a different country! And, as I'm sure you...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

We are in a different world - or at least a different country! And, as I'm sure you've seen in the news, we seem to be having a lot of very violent incidents in this country lately resulting in mass casualties. Now, this isn't the same as that, but violent incidents (as I mentioned previouslyl) aimed at women by men they met through match.com have also been in the news lately. So, I think our consciousness about such events and the possibility of violence has been heightened.

--hide--

Greetings Pat,

I have returned to the Land of Forums and have an comment combined with observation. There is an old saying in door to door sales marketing, 'Create the need and the product sells itself'. An outlandish example from many moons ago, if you were a glazier and business was slow one could hire a child marksmen with a slingshot in one hand and a card for the victims letterbox in the other. There you have productivity gone mad. Now let us inhale deeply the fumes of conspiracy and corrupt behavior in our own time, I won't single out any one country or a particular governing a country model. One truism about human nature is anything is possible from one extreme to the other. You only have to analyze the events of Germany leading up to the second world war. Evil people held seamy little meetings to organize harassment combined with demonizing certain ethnic races as being subversives and a burden on the public purse. Running parallel to the campaigns the construction of internment camps began and were promoted as centers for the removal of unprincipled money hoarders with criminal undercurrents being intimated. Once the targets had their humanity debased and the woes of the country were sheeted home to this race of parasites (Note the descriptive shift to parasites.) The intimation being that these people are responsible for all your troubles! So people bring bags of rocks for the adults and bags of pebbles for the kiddies and we will exterminate these parasites of our society ( another separation shift 'our society' Them against Us! The virtuous Ones!) They create justification so as to perpetrate Genocide. OK, where am I headed?? Fasten your seat-belts ladies and gentlemen and gaze with me into the Global Crystal Ball to a world of a secular influence with all traces of religion excised with surgical precision for the good of society. To get to this point it will be necessary to create sporadic terror at all levels of society, you have to break a few eggs to make an omelet. You have to destroy to rebuild in the fashion you want. So to get the people to accept ID Technology at the biological level, random mindless mayhem needs to be orchestrated, 'Create The Need and The Product Sells Itself!' In-fact, if handled well enough the people will scream for the technology that will eventually control parts of society and excise the unsavory Religious Consciousness that has held back scientific progress. The Uniforms are put on the defenders of Society and the Internment clothes are put on the undesirables. The identity of these Undesirables is any one the Government wishes to shut down from objecting to its methods of population control and biological manipulation for the common good!

Jan 27th 2013 new

I find that the stats your saying are wrong maybe for annulled you might be right . definitely more men on ALL the catholic sites . It seems the woman are so invisible here especially in CT .

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Michael-556947 said: I find that the stats your saying are wrong maybe for annulled you might be right . defin...
(Quote) Michael-556947 said:

I find that the stats your saying are wrong maybe for annulled you might be right . definitely more men on ALL the catholic sites . It seems the woman are so invisible here especially in CT .

--hide--

You can argue with me all you want to.. iwas talking about CM EVENTS THAT I HAVE ATTENDED.. Ratio at CM EVENTS is about 3 women for every man.. How many CM evnets have you attended Michael???? I rest my case..

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Con-888377 said: Greetings Pat, I have returned to the Land of Forums and have an comment combined w...
(Quote) Con-888377 said:

Greetings Pat,

I have returned to the Land of Forums and have an comment combined with observation. There is an old saying in door to door sales marketing, 'Create the need and the product sells itself'. An outlandish example from many moons ago, if you were a glazier and business was slow one could hire a child marksmen with a slingshot in one hand and a card for the victims letterbox in the other. There you have productivity gone mad. Now let us inhale deeply the fumes of conspiracy and corrupt behavior in our own time, I won't single out any one country or a particular governing a country model. One truism about human nature is anything is possible from one extreme to the other. You only have to analyze the events of Germany leading up to the second world war. Evil people held seamy little meetings to organize harassment combined with demonizing certain ethnic races as being subversives and a burden on the public purse. Running parallel to the campaigns the construction of internment camps began and were promoted as centers for the removal of unprincipled money hoarders with criminal undercurrents being intimated. Once the targets had their humanity debased and the woes of the country were sheeted home to this race of parasites (Note the descriptive shift to parasites.) The intimation being that these people are responsible for all your troubles! So people bring bags of rocks for the adults and bags of pebbles for the kiddies and we will exterminate these parasites of our society ( another separation shift 'our society' Them against Us! The virtuous Ones!) They create justification so as to perpetrate Genocide. OK, where am I headed?? Fasten your seat-belts ladies and gentlemen and gaze with me into the Global Crystal Ball to a world of a secular influence with all traces of religion excised with surgical precision for the good of society. To get to this point it will be necessary to create sporadic terror at all levels of society, you have to break a few eggs to make an omelet. You have to destroy to rebuild in the fashion you want. So to get the people to accept ID Technology at the biological level, random mindless mayhem needs to be orchestrated, 'Create The Need and The Product Sells Itself!' In-fact, if handled well enough the people will scream for the technology that will eventually control parts of society and excise the unsavory Religious Consciousness that has held back scientific progress. The Uniforms are put on the defenders of Society and the Internment clothes are put on the undesirables. The identity of these Undesirables is any one the Government wishes to shut down from objecting to its methods of population control and biological manipulation for the common good!

--hide--

wide eyed

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: You can argue with me all you want to.. iwas talking about CM EVENTS THAT I HAVE ATTE...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

You can argue with me all you want to.. iwas talking about CM EVENTS THAT I HAVE ATTENDED.. Ratio at CM EVENTS is about 3 women for every man.. How many CM evnets have you attended Michael???? I rest my case..

--hide--
thought you were talking about ratio on the site . as far as that have no extra money unless the event is close by . wish they were Devine Mercy in Stockbridge, Ma would make a great site .

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Anne-445674 said: Patricia, in regards to scammers, I've got a kinda 'farout" story I heard about last ...
(Quote) Anne-445674 said:

Patricia, in regards to scammers, I've got a kinda 'farout" story I heard about last year from my male friend & neighbor (I'll keep his name private for his sake) :) He said he was writing a girl who claimed...and even listed her profile to be from our same city. After a period of communicating w/ her, she finally told him she was from Africa & wanted him to come & visit! I thought I had heard it all! Well, I see from this, CM must not verify addresses for it's members (unless this has changed).

About 2-3 yrs. ago, I also noticed duplicate listings/profiles for the same guy, yet he had 2 different names, but he clearly from his pic's was the same guy. I wonder what this "twin" guy's motive's were? Did he answer his profile ques's differently on each? I never took the time to check these out!

...Just some notes on what I've heard & seen...not including a scammer I saw on another smaller Catholic web site. Peace!

--hide--

Yesterday I had the occasion to spend about 5 hours in the car with my ex driving to a grandchild's BD party.. He was telling about an old HS friend of his that he keeps in contact with..The poor guy is Bipolar with alcoholism and a few other diagnosis' thrown in..He is being taken advantage of by a 'woman' he has met on the internet to the tune of about $10,000 and counting.. He's never met her, but he's 'in love'.. He called the ex twice yesterday.. Supposedly his 'girlfriend' was supposed to be taking a bus to his location and arriving this weekend. I told the ex, this has got to be a scammer.. It's so sad that people are taken advantage of like this..

On your second story.. Sometimes new members will start a profile, realize they made a mistake and not know how to fix it, then start over..So both profiles are still there. Ive seen as many as three on one guy. Also sometimes people will set up a profile..Never use it and/or forget they already have one and set up a new one.. Just because there are two profiles for the same person doesn't mean somebody is up to no good. If you see this send in a Help Ticket.

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Michael-556947 said: thought you were talking about ratio on the site . as far as that have no extra money unless th...
(Quote) Michael-556947 said:

thought you were talking about ratio on the site . as far as that have no extra money unless the event is close by . wish they were Devine Mercy in Stockbridge, Ma would make a great site .

--hide--

I have spent a lot of time in the Northeast..Every trip we have organised events in Boston and Kittery ME.. They were advertised on here and the attendence was very small. People just don't get their backsides out and come..Then they want to complain on here about no activity in their area.. There was a lady a few years ago that tried to get people together for The Big E..That fair they hold up there.. I don't think she had any success at all..

Our local group here is drawing people from 10-11 states to our events many times.. A couple of people have been willing to act as hoteliers for out of town guest, which cuts the cost considerably..We also encourage people to bring their children if child care is an issue.. We just want people to come and meet members and have a good time.

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Joanna-902684 said: I wish they would. A woman in NY was just raped by someone she met on Match.comI found a...
(Quote) Joanna-902684 said:

I wish they would. A woman in NY was just raped by someone she met on Match.com

I found a guy who viewed me and when I sent him an emotiongram---he withdrew his profile.
Turned out to be my friends husband and he's Jewish.
What a slime.I'm still sick about it and don't know what to do with this info.
I contacted CM but they ignored me.
My friends knew my husband was cheating and I wish they had told me.

What would you do?

--hide--

If he withdrew his profile, what did you expect CM to do? They didn't ignore you, if his profile was gone, problem solved..

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: I have spent a lot of time in the Northeast..Every trip we have organised events in B...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

I have spent a lot of time in the Northeast..Every trip we have organised events in Boston and Kittery ME.. They were advertised on here and the attendence was very small. People just don't get their backsides out and come..Then they want to complain on here about no activity in their area.. There was a lady a few years ago that tried to get people together for The Big E..That fair they hold up there.. I don't think she had any success at all..

Our local group here is drawing people from 10-11 states to our events many times.. A couple of people have been willing to act as hoteliers for out of town guest, which cuts the cost considerably..We also encourage people to bring their children if child care is an issue.. We just want people to come and meet members and have a good time.

--hide--
The National Shrine of Devine Mercy is huge in Stockbridge , Ma so much to do in the area . besides being Norman Rockwell Town .

Posts 31 - 40 of 43