Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Some of you may know about this, I didn't. Military leaders obviously cannot "go rogue," but how despicable is it to put this General in a position to either do the right thing, or obey orders? Reminds me of when LBJ made attack planes return to their carrier when they were on their way to rescue the USS Liberty in 1967.

www.thegatewaypundit.com

Jan 25th 2013 new

Hi Peter, looks like he is still running Africom : www.africom.mil

BTW, who ordered Liberty into a war zone, and why ?

Jan 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernie-645443 said: Hi Peter, looks like he is still running Africom : www.africom.mil.
(Quote) Bernie-645443 said:

--hide--
You're not going to pull me into that hornet's nest again. Suffice it to say, Israeli apologists (CAMERA & FLAME for two) have been very busy since 1967.

Jan 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernie-645443 said: Hi Peter, looks like he is still running Africom : www.africom.mil.
(Quote) Bernie-645443 said:

--hide--
www.snopes.com

Jan 25th 2013 new

I would say they are covering up some things. As USUAL, Something is not right here.

Jan 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: www.snopes.com
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

www.snopes.com

--hide--
Hi Peter, looks like the last update there was 1 Nov. 2012, but the other article still describes Gen Ham as the current "Commander" of Africom ?

Jan 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: You're not going to pull me into that hornet's nest again. Suffice it to say, Israeli apo...

You're not going to pull me into that hornet's nest again. Suffice it to say, Israeli apologists (CAMERA & FLAME for two) have been very busy since 1967.

--hide--
Hi Peter, there is no question that the dezinformatsia artists on both sides have more than earned their pay since 67. But I'm still curious : which rotten remnant of Camelot issued the orders, and what precisely was the mission ? A foreshadowing of the Pueblo ?

Jan 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Some of you may know about this, I didn't. Military leaders obviously cannot "go rogue,&...

Some of you may know about this, I didn't. Military leaders obviously cannot "go rogue," but how despicable is it to put this General in a position to either do the right thing, or obey orders? Reminds me of when LBJ made attack planes return to their carrier when they were on their way to rescue the USS Liberty in 1967.

www.thegatewaypundit.com

--hide--
Peter. I know a guy named Bob who is a part owner in a plumbing supply here on long island and he was on the Liberty and he has pictures of it all over the walls in the building. If you asked him to talk about it he gets teary eyed and will not. He just will tell you our Government let him and his fellow mates down and he is one of the lucky ones who made it out alive.

Jan 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: www.snopes.com

www.snopes.com

--hide--
he flies a flag out in front of the supply house in tribute, but he calls it the A.F. liberty??? That is also the name of his supply house.

Jan 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Thomas-699657 said: Peter. I know a guy named Bob who is a part owner in a plumbing supply here on long island and h...
(Quote) Thomas-699657 said:

Peter. I know a guy named Bob who is a part owner in a plumbing supply here on long island and he was on the Liberty and he has pictures of it all over the walls in the building. If you asked him to talk about it he gets teary eyed and will not. He just will tell you our Government let him and his fellow mates down and he is one of the lucky ones who made it out alive.

--hide--
The crew were sworn to secrecy after the fact but it may have been lifted by now. The Skipper was awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor, but for the first and only time in American history it was not awarded by the President. It was presented in a quiet Navy Yard ceremony. After all, we mustn't embarrass our ally.

Posts 1 - 10 of 12