Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Jan 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Some of you may know about this, I didn't. Military leaders obviously cannot "go rogue,&...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Some of you may know about this, I didn't. Military leaders obviously cannot "go rogue," but how despicable is it to put this General in a position to either do the right thing, or obey orders? Reminds me of when LBJ made attack planes return to their carrier when they were on their way to rescue the USS Liberty in 1967.

www.thegatewaypundit.com

--hide--

Good points, Peter. It appears there was some big screwup in the administration and some top military brass are being hung out to dry to discredit them so that their testimony will be weakened and Obummer and Billary look good.

But, you haven't yet mentioned the top notch admiral who was fired right after Benghazi. Rear Admiral Charles Gauouette was commanding the STENNIS carrier battle group, steaming that night in the MED and near enough that they could have provided carrier strike group assistance to the Ambassador and his people in Benghazi that night if they had been permitted by Washington to do so. He was relieved for so called "poor leadership judgement" right afterwards.

I had the pleasure of steaming with then Captain Gauoette when he commanded USS OLDENDORF out of San Diego, and was VERY impressed with the man as an officer and CO. I also had the pleasure of inspecting his ship's medical department, so had a little insight into what he did about that old ship, and it was excellence all the way. He later won the Admiral Stockdale Award for leadersip as best captain in the Pacific for his work leading OLDENDORF.

So, as soon as I heard his name mentioned...(only once, probably due to the liberal press cover up)...I immediately figured something was wrong. This guy was straight A, top notch, 4-0, a full up round. One of our very best leaders.

One wonders if he launched support for the beleaguered Americans in Benghazi and was punished for it, or whether he maybe just knew too much and had to be discredited before the inevitable hearings on the Obama Administration's disgraceful handling of the Benghazi Affaire. I do not know, but I would be willing to bet that he did not do anything any excellent, red blooded, American Naval Officer, acting as on scene commander wouldn't have done in similar circumstances. I'm willing to bet the reason we haven't heard more is because of his loyalty to the US and unwillingness to speak out against the Service and the CinC. But, there is almost certainly a story there that history will tell...someday.

Admiral Gauouette is tops in my book, and has the benefit of the doubt from me until proven otherwise.

Glad you mentioned the LIBERTY incident, which we should never forget. Many lessons there, some of which may be a propos to Benghazi.

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Gerald-283546 said: Good points, Peter. It appears there was some big screwup in the administration and some...
(Quote) Gerald-283546 said:

Good points, Peter. It appears there was some big screwup in the administration and some top military brass are being hung out to dry to discredit them so that their testimony will be weakened and Obummer and Billary look good.

But, you haven't yet mentioned the top notch admiral who was fired right after Benghazi. Rear Admiral Charles Gauouette was commanding the STENNIS carrier battle group, steaming that night in the MED and near enough that they could have provided carrier strike group assistance to the Ambassador and his people in Benghazi that night if they had been permitted by Washington to do so. He was relieved for so called "poor leadership judgement" right afterwards.

I had the pleasure of steaming with then Captain Gauoette when he commanded USS OLDENDORF out of San Diego, and was VERY impressed with the man as an officer and CO. I also had the pleasure of inspecting his ship's medical department, so had a little insight into what he did about that old ship, and it was excellence all the way. He later won the Admiral Stockdale Award for leadersip as best captain in the Pacific for his work leading OLDENDORF.

So, as soon as I heard his name mentioned...(only once, probably due to the liberal press cover up)...I immediately figured something was wrong. This guy was straight A, top notch, 4-0, a full up round. One of our very best leaders.

One wonders if he launched support for the beleaguered Americans in Benghazi and was punished for it, or whether he maybe just knew too much and had to be discredited before the inevitable hearings on the Obama Administration's disgraceful handling of the Benghazi Affaire. I do not know, but I would be willing to bet that he did not do anything any excellent, red blooded, American Naval Officer, acting as on scene commander wouldn't have done in similar circumstances. I'm willing to bet the reason we haven't heard more is because of his loyalty to the US and unwillingness to speak out against the Service and the CinC. But, there is almost certainly a story there that history will tell...someday.

Admiral Gauouette is tops in my book, and has the benefit of the doubt from me until proven otherwise.

Glad you mentioned the LIBERTY incident, which we should never forget. Many lessons there, some of which may be a propos to Benghazi.

--hide--
Thanks Gerald, I wasn't aware of the Admiral's story. In today's political climate being a senior military officer must be hazardous duty just getting their morning coffee. Measuring every word before it comes out of your mouth knowing one careless statement can be a career ender. My Naval service was a generation before yours as a photographer on the USS Guadalcanal in the mid 1960's. I hope this incident doesn't hurt the Admiral's career, or the General's. You can bet there will be security restrictions in place preventing them from discussing the Benghazi incident even after they retire, as was the case with the Liberty crew. I believe this administration is slowly purging the Pentagon of dissent. Now they must stick a wet finger in the air to determine which way the wind is blowing rather than giving an honest opinion. I recall during the last Bush administration the Commandant of the Marine Corps stating his opposition to gays openly serving in the military. When a gay Marine proposed to his "boyfriend" in the Obama White House recently, I can picture today's Marine Commandant grinding his teeth and biting his tongue, unable to do or say anything about it. Great American military leaders in our past are rolling in their graves.

Posts 11 - 12 of 12