Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Things we should stop doing..

Jan 24th 2013 new

Calling women Cougars..

thecurrentconscience.com

Jan 26th 2013 new

I do believe that there is a double standard. Men are allowed and even sometimes encouraged to date a much younger woman. However, when an older woman dates a younger man. there are looks and comments. I think we should allow those who stray from what is considered "the norm", older man and a little younger woman, to enjoy themselves. We do not choose who we fall in love with. I think that too many people feel that there needs to be a label on everything. I also find the term "cougar" to be offensive, just like, "trophy wife", "sugar daddy", and all of the other negative labels thrown around. Maybe if we took the time to get to know others and not judge others, our lives would be much more satisfying.

Jan 27th 2013 new

But let me state, that I have not dated a man that is 10 or more years my junior. I think that we should just not look badly upon those who choose too.

Jan 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Calling women Cougars.. thecurrentconscience.com.
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Calling women Cougars..

thecurrentconscience.com

--hide--

I totally agree. But I guess I'm still trying to figure out what is the definition of a cougar? Is it simply a woman who's interested in a younger man, or is is a women who seeks out younger men for sex? I really wanted to start a thread specifically about this topic, but I'm not confident that the definition is the first one above.

Jan 29th 2013 new

Calling women Cougars..

thecurrentconscience.com

--hide--

Hello Donna!!

I've been away for awhile, but lovely to see you again!

I quite agree...and I have a further suggestion, to correspond with your topic, and along these same lines...

We need to stop concerning ourselves about trivialities, our own checklists about what we "want" on the physical realm, and above all...to stop worrying about who shall and shall not talk about us...should we "dare to be ourselves", even if it means being quite different from the outside world. We can only do what is truly right for ourselves, be true to our heart, and to God. At the same time, also...we can really blind ourselves, in the realm of seeking a wonderful and blessed relationship...if we concentrate so heavily upon finding someone who meets our "physical standards". In my time here, on C.M. I cannot tell you how many profile pages I've come across...both men and women...stating that the right lady or gentj for them, absolutely MUST be "within five years younger or older, be physically fit and trim, of a certain height, be within a certain bracket of income...etc...etc...etc". I don't think many of us realise how VERY much we are limiting ourselves...and running the constant risk of finding someone who, while they may not conform to our "ideal", may just be a wonderful match for our HEART. And regardless of whatever exists upon the outer realm...when Our Lord truly brings two devoted people together, and allows them to become united in the deepest part of their souls, there will always be a way.

It's all about having Faith...and trusting more in His Providence...than in our own wants, desires, and humanity.

God Bless You, dear friend!!

~Dominick.

Jan 29th 2013 new

Hello Donna!!

I quite agree...and I have a further suggestion, to correspond with your topic, and along these same lines...

We need to stop concerning ourselves about trivialities, our own checklists about what we "want" on the physical realm, and above all...to stop worrying about who shall and shall not talk about us...should we "dare to be ourselves", even if it means being quite different from the outside world. We can only do what is truly right for ourselves, be true to our heart, and to God. At the same time, also...we can really blind ourselves, in the realm of seeking a wonderful and blessed relationship...if we concentrate so heavily upon finding someone who meets our "physical standards". In my time here, on C.M. I cannot tell you how many profile pages I've come across...both men and women...stating that the right lady or gentj for them, absolutely MUST be "within five years younger or older, be physically fit and trim, of a certain height, be within a certain bracket of income...etc...etc...etc". I don't think many of us realise how VERY much we are limiting ourselves...and running the constant risk of losing someone who, while they may not conform to our "ideal", may just be a wonderful match for our HEART. And regardless of whatever exists upon the outer realm...when Our Lord truly brings two devoted people together, and allows them to become united in the deepest part of their souls, there will always be a way.

It's all about having Faith...and trusting more in His Providence...than in our own wants, desires, and humanity.

~Dominick.

**Edited this from my last posting! I suppose this is what happens when I'm listening to Perry Como whilst typing...was getting a bit wrapped up in the lovely music** :) :)

Jan 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Dominick-174178 said: Hello Donna!! I've been away for awhile, but lovely to see you again! I quit...
(Quote) Dominick-174178 said:

Hello Donna!!

We need to stop concerning ourselves about trivialities, our own checklists about what we "want" on the physical realm, and above all...to stop worrying about who shall and shall not talk about us...should we "dare to be ourselves", even if it means being quite different from the outside world. We can only do what is truly right for ourselves, be true to our heart, and to God. At the same time, also...we can really blind ourselves, in the realm of seeking a wonderful and blessed relationship...if we concentrate so heavily upon finding someone who meets our "physical standards". In my time here, on C.M. I cannot tell you how many profile pages I've come across...both men and women...stating that the right lady or gentj for them, absolutely MUST be "within five years younger or older, be physically fit and trim, of a certain height, be within a certain bracket of income...etc...etc...etc". I don't think many of us realise how VERY much we are limiting ourselves...and running the constant risk of losing someone who, while they may not conform to our "ideal", may just be a wonderful match for our HEART. And regardless of whatever exists upon the outer realm...when Our Lord truly brings two devoted people together, and allows them to become united in the deepest part of their souls, there will always be a way.

~Dominick.

**Edited this from my last posting! I suppose this is what happens when I'm listening to Perry Como whilst typing...was getting a bit wrapped up in the lovely music** :) :)

--hide--

hug Hi Dom!

Jan 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Hi Dom!

Hi Dom!

--hide--

Hello Donna!! hug Always so wonderful to see you!!

Jan 29th 2013 new

Calling women Cougars..

thecurrentconscience.com

--hide--

Why would you want a cougar???

eyepopping boggled eyebrow faint

Feb 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Why would you want a cougar???
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Why would you want a cougar???

--hide--

Why would you want to call a woman a cougar???

Posts 1 - 10 of 19