Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Feb 2nd 2013 new

One of my mother's friends married a man who was 15 years younger. They dated for many years and then ended up getting married. Her first husband treated her terrible. Her second marriage was the best and age was not a problem. They are both deceased now.

Feb 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: Why would you want to call a woman a cougar???
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

Why would you want to call a woman a cougar???

--hide--

Touche, Kristen!

Feb 2nd 2013 new

I thought at first the kids told you I was microwaving the ice cream again.

Feb 2nd 2013 new

Seriously, as the article points out, the word "cougar" suggests a predatory intent on the part of the woman. But it seems to me that the man in a relationship like Demi Moore's is the predator: out for what he can get from being her beau, and then he'll leave her when she gets too old or too much like his mother or something cuter comes along.

It also seem to me that most older women have few illusions left, and expect that.

Feb 2nd 2013 new

Maybe she'll die and leave you her money.

Feb 3rd 2013 new
I agree-- it is such a cultural reference with lots of unsavory connotations.
Feb 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: (Quote) Kristen-878108 said: Why would you want to call a...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

Quote:
Kristen-878108 said:

Why would you want to call a woman a cougar???

Touche, Kristen!

--hide--

In the same way 50 year old men dating women in their 20s are often referred to as perverts.

Feb 6th 2013 new
(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Calling women Cougars.. thecurrentconscience.com
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Calling women Cougars..

thecurrentconscience.com

--hide--
Stop war...make love. I don't mean that literally but make peace a priority in our private and personal lives. One step at a time, change your space and pass it on!
Feb 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Calling women Cougars.. thecurrentconscience.com.
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Calling women Cougars..

thecurrentconscience.com

--hide--
Thanks for the article, Donna. Unfortunately, this label will continue for a while until another inappropriate label comes up. It is a very general term used today to define a woman who is having a relationship with a younger man, or a woman who is trendy/stylish in appearance and not necessarily involved with a younger man. It is very unfair and needs to stop... irked

Posts 11 - 19 of 19