Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Jan 25th 2013 new
(Quote) Peter-933860 said: I would have told that prideful little voice in my head to put a cork in it way more often than I've done o...
(Quote) Peter-933860 said:

I would have told that prideful little voice in my head to put a cork in it way more often than I've done over the years.

--hide--

Letting a Lovely Lady name Sue From South Plainfield NJ go a few years ago......She is still awesome in my book
Jan 25th 2013 new

This is a fun thread and a topic everyone thinks of, and I know there are several timestamps in my life where I would have done something differently if I had the knowledge I have now. I think most of us have said, if I could only be (pick an age) again, I would do it in a heartbeat. But I know that I live a blessed life and when I daydream of going back in time and changing the past, I wouldn't if it meant losing what I have grown in Faith through the experience of life and the lessons I have learned. In other words, if I could regain my youth at the expense of the developed relationship with our Lord that I have grown through the years, I wouldn't want to do it. Trust me, it would be an extremely difficult thing to pass on but I hope I realize this for exactly that reason.

Jan 25th 2013 new

i thought and thought as i read the other posters, but i always came to the same conclusion, "no". i was pushing the age of 23 when i married, my first child i had at 28, and the second child at 32. they are my 'gift" from God. theheart rose i wouldn't change anything at all but... i have drawn closer to God, and recognize all He has done for me! rosary

Jan 25th 2013 new

Attended a friend's Sweet 16 birthday party. She moved away when we were 12, but we kept in touch for awhile. She mailed me an invitation and her mom told my mom that there would be around 20 girls there (I guess from her school). I got scared not knowing any of the girls and made some excuse (I think I said my dad had to work and couldn't drive me)...It pretty much ended the friendship sad and it was my fault.

Tried to conquer more fears. They keep you from having a happy life.

Jan 25th 2013 new

I would not change a thing. Everything that has happened in my life, good,bad, pleasurable,painful-EVERYTHING, has left it's influence on me and in it's part shaped the person I am today. Without those experiences I would be a different person. And I am happy with the person I am today. My faith is unshakeable and God has plans for us all. Everything happens for a reason even if we don't know or understand that reason. It's all according to God's plan. so No, I would change nothing that has ever happened.

Jan 25th 2013 new
Would have married a Catholic had but would have missed out on tje places I've seen. A tradeoff or a case of tje grass being greener on the other side
Jan 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Jacqueline-556574 said: Hi Bernie! I would do the"do-over," and complete the project. I would get...
(Quote) Jacqueline-556574 said:

Hi Bernie!

I would do the"do-over," and complete the project. I would get an advanced degree in a field that I can continue to focus on into later age, that makes less money than in accounting, but is enjoyable.

It is official: My masters degree in music is completed! Yes!!!!!

--hide--
Congratulations !!!! I can't find the Dom icon, but here's the doz : rose rose rose rose rose rose rose rose rose rose :rose: :rose:

Jan 25th 2013 new
(Quote) Jacqueline-556574 said: It is official: My masters degree in music is completed! Yes!!!!!
(Quote) Jacqueline-556574 said: It is official: My masters degree in music is completed! Yes!!!!!

--hide--
clap graduate note That's really wonderful, Jacqueline!!! Congratulations!!!

One of my greatest regrets is not being able to seriously study music (piano) after I completed my Masters (in another field).
Jan 25th 2013 new
(Quote) Bernie-645443 said: Congratulations !!!! I can't find the Dom icon, but here's the doz :
(Quote) Bernie-645443 said:

Congratulations !!!! I can't find the Dom icon, but here's the doz :

--hide--

Thank you, Bernie.
Jan 25th 2013 new
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: That's really wonderful, Jacqueline!!! Congratulations!!! One of my greatest regrets is ...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: That's really wonderful, Jacqueline!!! Congratulations!!!

One of my greatest regrets is not being able to seriously study music (piano) after I completed my Masters (in another field).
--hide--

Thank-you, Mary. I don't mean to hijack this thread, but it was on my mind, having just received the official notice.

Also, what I am pointing out is, rather than needing a "do over," just do the things that you didn't do in the past. It is not too late to study piano. I do recall your line of work, and I think that your students would enjoy the music!
Posts 21 - 30 of 83