Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Feb 6th 2013 new

I'm at the age that I think if only...

To many "do overs" to count:(

One definately would have been getting an advanced degree at an earlier age so I am not one of the old farts in school!

Feb 6th 2013 new
I spent years taking my daughter to figure skating lessons and competitions.....so beautiful to watch. You should skate now.
Feb 6th 2013 new
I am still in school. It is so wise to study early.
Mar 13th 2013 new

I would press repeat. No regrets. God is great all the time.

His blueprint makes my life a gem even though He claimed my late wife,

mother and sister. Three lovely women from my family within three years.

I trust He gave them the junior suites and they are having buffet, tea and strolls

in the rose garden. Most people are missing the half-full glass daily from their hectic lives

and forget to finish drinking that glass of wonderful soda. Because there's re-fills unlimited we

don't see. Fear factors erode the love in us & propagate negative perspectives.

Mar 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Margo-404841 said: So I will take what God gives me, and try to live in the now, and work for a good place in the Hereafter...
(Quote) Margo-404841 said: So I will take what God gives me, and try to live in the now, and work for a good place in the Hereafter.
--hide--

Well stated Margo. It is pointless to dwell on things we cannot change, but only vow in every present minute not to repeat past mistakes, and go forward confident in God's love and always keeping our sights on working toward our next home.

Mar 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Susan-898095 said: I would have not worried myself sick about things that never even came to pass. I would ha...
(Quote) Susan-898095 said:

I would have not worried myself sick about things that never even came to pass.

I would have gone to college at 18 instead of 38.

I would have pursued a profession that made me glad to be alive instead of one that paid the bills.

I would have bought myself flowers, taken myself out to dinner, taken myself on vacation and bought myself Victoria's Secrets instead of waiting for someone else to.

--hide--

I would have gone to Illustration College straight out of high school, and, I would have dropped out of university for one year to complete a certificate as a theatre light designer. Blinded by love

Mar 13th 2013 new
would not have given up my career in radio. though i've done alright in subsequent things...still my first 'job' love.

would have listened more

procrastinated less

gone sky diving once

loved more

prayed more

said i'm sorry more

told my friends, especially those who've passed, what they mean/meant to me.
Mar 13th 2013 new

I would have studied more and gone with my first loves: foreign languages and science. I should have listened to my heart, ignored the nay sayers and gone with my true desires. My fault.

Mar 13th 2013 new

so many

i would have gone ahead and become a blue angels pilot, instead of being obedient to my father who told me the military is too dangerous for a woman..due to the obvious sexual scandals.

Mar 14th 2013 new

I would have solicited my father's advice much more, and listened to my mother's UNsolicited advice much more!

Posts 51 - 60 of 83