Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

03/14/2013 new

(Quote) Jane-933948 said: so many i would have gone ahead and become a blue angels pilot, instead of being obedient t...
(Quote) Jane-933948 said:

so many

i would have gone ahead and become a blue angels pilot, instead of being obedient to my father who told me the military is too dangerous for a woman..due to the obvious sexual scandals.

--hide--

I am sure your dad was doing what dads do...looking out for his daughter.

A few years ago I took my two youngest, twins, a boy and a girl, to see the Blue Angels in Duluth. My son was anxious to go but my daughter not very much. I told her if she would go it would be something she would never forget. A solo pilot put on one hell of a show in a F16 and than landed and taxied to right in front of us. We were in the front row. He climbed out, his crew saluted him, he was tall, ramrod straight, impressive flight uniform, aviator sunglasses. Right out of Hollywood. The announcer said the pilot would give autographs and people could line up in front of him. My daughter, I'll call her Janice, tried to play it cool, (she was that age). I watched out of the corner of my eye, pretty soon, "Dad, can I go get his autograph?" "Sure," I said, feeling so happy inside.

03/17/2013 new

(Quote) Susan-898095 said: I would have not worried myself sick about things that never even came to pass. I would ha...
(Quote) Susan-898095 said:

I would have not worried myself sick about things that never even came to pass.

I would have gone to college at 18 instead of 38.

I would have pursued a profession that made me glad to be alive instead of one that paid the bills.

I would have bought myself flowers, taken myself out to dinner, taken myself on vacation and bought myself Victoria's Secrets instead of waiting for someone else to.

--hide--

If I knew then what I know now, I would have encouraged my late husband to take a job in the chemical engineering field, rather than the nuclear engineering field. He died of leukemia at 43 after 23 years as a nuke.

Kate

03/17/2013 new

(Quote) Bryan-7889 said:gone sky diving once .
(Quote) Bryan-7889 said:gone sky diving once .
--hide--

NOpe- watched it once(friend jumped out of a perfectly good airplane)
not for me

04/02/2013 new

(Quote) Andrea-864455 said: I would have told my high school sweetheart, when he tried to win me back, the truth ... that I ...
(Quote) Andrea-864455 said:

I would have told my high school sweetheart, when he tried to win me back, the truth ... that I did love him. I was trying to set him free because I was confused.

--hide--
Speaking of lost love, I should have told my wife I loved her every single day. I should have told her how special she was and how great it was to have someone so lovely in my life. Now the Lord has my special angel.

04/03/2013 new

I can't read all of these "do overs"; it is too depressing. Why have regrets? I have NO regrets; each one of my decisions/choices made me who I am today. I went into nurses training right out of high school; worked as a nurse for a couple of years, then went back to school to be a Special Ed teacher. I married a wonderful man (at the time) the semester before my student teaching, left the state with my new husband and never completed my education degree. I worked in the travel industry and as a portrait photographer while raising 4 amazing kids, then returned to get my teaching certificate. Now I am teaching and pursuing my educational psychology degree. Again, I ask, why would anybody ever want a "do over"?

04/03/2013 new

I would 'show' my love more. And I would have started my path to holiness long before I did. This path is a constant battle with satan trying and often

suceedding in trying to trip us! I feel like I wasted so much time loving myself and all that God gave me rather than making my focus on Him. But I

realize I am a prodigal daughter and I am grateful that I woke up, at all! The heart of The Lord is mercy! I am so grateful for that and will try to make

amends for the rest of my life...

04/18/2013 new

I would have taken the opportunity that was offered to start a career in Florida instead of blindly following what my husband said was best. Let's just say it began a pattern and tonight I'm in a very different place than I imagined I'dbe.

04/18/2013 new

(Quote) Joan-529855 said: I can't read all of these "do overs"; it is too depressing. Why have regrets? I have NO reg...
(Quote) Joan-529855 said: I can't read all of these "do overs"; it is too depressing. Why have regrets? I have NO regrets; each one of my decisions/choices made me who I am today. I went into nurses training right out of high school; worked as a nurse for a couple of years, then went back to school to be a Special Ed teacher. I married a wonderful man (at the time) the semester before my student teaching, left the state with my new husband and never completed my education degree. I worked in the travel industry and as a portrait photographer while raising 4 amazing kids, then returned to get my teaching certificate. Now I am teaching and pursuing my educational psychology degree. Again, I ask, why would anybody ever want a "do over"?
--hide--

I with you, Joan. Even the mistakes taught valuable lessons about life and while they may hurt, I'm grateful for them. No do overs. Onwards and upwards.

04/18/2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: I with you, Joan. Even the mistakes taught valuable lessons about life and while th...
(Quote) Beverly-936499 said:

I with you, Joan. Even the mistakes taught valuable lessons about life and while they may hurt, I'm grateful for them. No do overs. Onwards and upwards.

--hide--

I agree. Everyone has what if's and while it may be entetaining(or painful) to linger in those lines of thoughts, its mainly distracting. Life has happened and I prefer to live in the present. Today is also full of what if's.

04/18/2013 new

No "do overs" for me. It does not matter who broke my heart. What matters is who made me smile again. heart

Posts 61 - 70 of 83