Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Apr 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Susan-898095 said: I would have not worried myself sick about things that never even came to pass. I would ha...
(Quote) Susan-898095 said:

I would have not worried myself sick about things that never even came to pass.

I would have gone to college at 18 instead of 38.

I would have pursued a profession that made me glad to be alive instead of one that paid the bills.

I would have bought myself flowers, taken myself out to dinner, taken myself on vacation and bought myself Victoria's Secrets instead of waiting for someone else to.

--hide--

Hi Susan et alia,

I worried and I worried and I worried. What for? Somewhere in the Gospels, Jesus talks about worring about the cares of the world. Too bad I didn't pay attention.

I had a very peculiar home situation. I would have handled things much differently with the people I lived with. Life would have been much easier.

I did buy flowers and went to the equivalent of Victoria's Secret. Not for my self of course. I don't get it. Every time I buy flowers for a woman, I never see her again. I haven't figured this out.

I should have realized by the time I turned 17 or 18 that I'm no genius in chemistry, physics, or mathematics. I should have studied accounting or finance, and let it go at that.

I ended up in a profession that was at the same time the perfect choice and the worst possible choice for someone like me. LikeI said, I should have studied accounting or finance.

Oh well. No use crying over spilled milk.

James ☺

Apr 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Rosemarie-744159 said: No "do overs" for me. It does not matter who broke my heart. What matters is who ma...
(Quote) Rosemarie-744159 said:

No "do overs" for me. It does not matter who broke my heart. What matters is who made me smile again.

--hide--

My do over would not have to do with a someone but a something. I wished I had done better in high school math. I would have ended up in much better career path! Oh well..........

Apr 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-933860 said: I would have told that prideful little voice in my head to put a cork in it way more often than I...
(Quote) Peter-933860 said:

I would have told that prideful little voice in my head to put a cork in it way more often than I've done over the years.

--hide--
Wouldn't we all!! Blessings! Kim

Apr 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Susan-898095 said: I would have not worried myself sick about things that never even came to pass. I would ha...
(Quote) Susan-898095 said:

I would have not worried myself sick about things that never even came to pass.

I would have gone to college at 18 instead of 38.

I would have pursued a profession that made me glad to be alive instead of one that paid the bills.

I would have bought myself flowers, taken myself out to dinner, taken myself on vacation and bought myself Victoria's Secrets instead of waiting for someone else to.

--hide--
I have failed to take "the road less traveled" too many times to count. I have come to accept that I cannot beat myself up over past missteps no matter how painful they are to think about. Some are quite painful so forgive me for not listing them. None of us knew then what we know now.

Apr 21st 2013 new
If I could do over, I would pray more.
Apr 21st 2013 new

I would have gone to school earlier so that I would not have college loans to pay off the rest of my life.

Apr 21st 2013 new

- There was that French woman who was working for one of the major cruise lines down here in South Florida. Every time her ship was in town, she would rent a room at the hotel where I used to work as a concierge, and because I am fluent in French, we became good friends. When she heard that I was going to get married to my ex, she told me to wait, to be careful, not to rush, but I was like a freight train and I couldn't see a thing. I truly regret that I did not listen to her. She was a true friend, you know, of the type who watches out for you like a guardian angel.
- I had many female friends throughout my graduate education, because I always treat women like queens, always attentive, always correct and proper in my behavior. I should have pursued one of them who cared enough about me to take me shopping for a coat, mittens, earmuffs, boots, comforters, etc..., which allowed me to survive my first winter in the US in Upstate New York. Coming from the Caribbean, I had no clue. She was one of my best friends, another guardian angel.
Other than that, I have no regrets.

Apr 22nd 2013 new

I should have gotten a degree in library science instead of elementary education.

I should have finished my Master's degree.

I wish I had gone traveling through Europe after college graduation.

If I had gone to Ball State instead of Indiana University, I might have become a better equestrian.

Apr 22nd 2013 new

My late husband died at thirty without insurance.I would have ensured that he did so I could have had my own house.

Apr 22nd 2013 new

I would have honored my dying mother's last wish which was to take her home.

Posts 71 - 80 of 83