Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Bob-59786 said: I think many people don't consciously realize they must place the other person first......
(Quote) Bob-59786 said:

I think many people don't consciously realize they must place the other person first... even when they think they might be doing that.

--hide--

this article shows the Beauty of love in ACTION and then described step by step so that we can all learn how to place it into our own actions. Love....Selfless giving......Christ modeled it for us and we carry on...... theheart

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Clint-899913 said: helped me to heal and to forgive my ex and myself is Dr. Emerson Eggerichs and his writings abou...
(Quote) Clint-899913 said:

helped me to heal and to forgive my ex and myself is Dr. Emerson Eggerichs and his writings about what the Bible was telling us in Ephesians 5:33 - in particular that men and women respond to and are naturally motivated quite diffently by love and respect.

Check it out: http://loveandrespect.com

--hide--

And none of us are God so none are perfect and Forgiveness is the other key to true Love in action. theheart
Thank you Clint for reminding us.

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Clint-899913 said: I see that this thread could use another male perspective. (Thanks Bob for wading in.) As ...
(Quote) Clint-899913 said:

I see that this thread could use another male perspective. (Thanks Bob for wading in.)

As a veteran of what I believed was a wonderful 14-year marriage, I whole-heartedly concur with the author's conclusion that marriage is not about happiness. (Yes, I am a melancholic ) I would add that marriage is really about servanthood - to God through one another.

Another author that greatly helped me to heal and to forgive my ex and myself is Dr. Emerson Eggerichs and his writings about what the Bible was telling us in Ephesians 5:33 - in particular that men and women respond to and are naturally motivated quite diffently by love and respect.

Check it out: http://loveandrespect.com

--hide--

Forgiveness is SO important. I too have had to pray and work through truly forgiving. It is such a freeing act and unites more closely with Jesus. One of my favorite definitions of forgiveness is "to bear the cost (the effects) of another's sin." God bless.

Jan 27th 2013 new
Hi Sarah! What a terrific article! Really great, sound, realistic advise about marriage....please post these kinds of articles anytime you come across them! Very much appreciated!
Jan 27th 2013 new

Hi Shara, I am a man, too. Trust me! Lol!

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Karis-410918 said: Hi Shara, I am a man, too. Trust me! Lol!
(Quote) Karis-410918 said:

Hi Shara, I am a man, too. Trust me! Lol!

--hide--

Sincere apologies. I am so terribly sorry.ashamed embarassed I am not even sure what I can say at this point. WOWWW!!!. God is really preparing my heart for mass today with good doses of humility. ashamed

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: Sincere apologies. I am so terribly sorry. I am not even sure what I can say at this poi...
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

Sincere apologies. I am so terribly sorry. I am not even sure what I can say at this point. WOWWW!!!. God is really preparing my heart for mass today with good doses of humility.

--hide--

Shara, no apologies needed here, really! I note your humility with gratitude. Just thought I have some great harmless fun with you this Sunday moorning. Have a great Sunday!

Jan 29th 2013 new

For those who enjoyed the thoughts in the article, you might also enjoy this book: Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas

www.amazon.com

The author is not Catholic and there are a few key areas where it is lacking, but when I read it a few years ago I found much good food for thought. It changed (for the better!) the way I thought about marriage and my role in it (hopefully one day).

Peace!

Jan 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Sarah-901988 said:
(Quote) Sarah-901988 said:

--hide--

I love the article you posted so much that I posted it to my facebook page, and of the 10 people who liked it, they are all married. Must be dead on. scratchchin wink

Jan 29th 2013 new

Thanks for the article Sarah and all the thoughts everyone!

When I met my husband it was an instant attraction and we were in love...this was a match made by Him. I will say this without going on and on...six months after we were married the challenges started for both of us..he was ill, in several ways and I had to learn to live with them and he had to learn to live with me living with them! wwhheww . After a while I would cry out to God... why??..then I realized why not...this also was a test for MY soul to get to Heaven too. My husband stuck with me until the end, even though the end came too soon and suddenly. I really thought one day he would recover enough for us to have a "normal" life. I had hope, but more than that I had the Grace and gift of Faith that God Almighty gave to me and sustains me even today. It is still a struggle and tears come easy...but I know he is in Heaven with Jesus and in pain no more. And as the song goes "I've got to be good so I can see my baby when I leave this world" ok, really, I've got to be good so I too, can go to Heaven!
Thanks for letting me vent! This is a great site! Jane: veryhappy:cloud fluffy flower clap Clover theheart

Posts 31 - 40 of 41