Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Jan 26th 2013 new

(Quote) John-746882 said: My recipe for Mac and Cheese: Remove tray from carton, cut film cover to vent, microwave on high 6 minute...
(Quote) John-746882 said: My recipe for Mac and Cheese: Remove tray from carton, cut film cover to vent, microwave on high 6 minutes, let stand in microwave one minute. Serve with lemonade and cupcakes. (Coincidentally this is also my recipe for happiness.)
--hide--

AWWWWW JOHN!!!! sad You just broke my little heart. Thinking of you eating that crappy food made me feel so terrible. I will be praying that God sends you a very nice lady who loves to cook. Hopefully soon these days of microwave dinners will be a distant memory. hug theheart rosary

Jan 26th 2013 new

(Quote) John-746882 said: Thanks for the crock pot cookbook advice Sue. I may have to invest in both (the cookbook and the crockpot...
(Quote) John-746882 said: Thanks for the crock pot cookbook advice Sue. I may have to invest in both (the cookbook and the crockpot). One thing I found in my experience as a connoisseur of food though, is that a fine lemonade goes well with most any meal. My favorite is Simply Lemonade, or if you prefer a red, Simply Lemonade with raspberry. Natures Promise also has a very good bouquet, along with complexity and character. I would steer away from many of the other lemonade brands, but there are some good lesser known brands. My opinion on cupcakes: Cupcakes are yummy.
--hide--

I agree with the beautiful ladies on here. Let me know if you need a few recommendations for crockpot cookbooks. I can go through my library and give you a few winners that have lots of hearty and easy meals. You would be suprised what you can make in a crockpot. You might just surprise yourself and become an extraordinary cook. Personally, I love it when a man can cook lovestruck! because I love to cook and I love good food. I think that many ladies do. So we might be giving you more than just a few good meals. We might be helping you get closer to the lady of your dreams. wink

Jan 26th 2013 new

(Quote) John-746882 said: Thanks for the crock pot cookbook advice Sue. I may have to invest in both (the cookbook and the ...
(Quote) John-746882 said: Thanks for the crock pot cookbook advice Sue. I may have to invest in both (the cookbook and the crockpot). One thing I found in my experience as a connoisseur of food though, is that a fine lemonade goes well with most any meal. My favorite is Simply Lemonade, or if you prefer a red, Simply Lemonade with raspberry. Natures Promise also has a very good bouquet, along with complexity and character. I would steer away from many of the other lemonade brands, but there are some good lesser known brands. My opinion on cupcakes: Cupcakes are yummy.
--hide--

A Chef lady's handkerchief friend from Idaho (former CMer) suggested the BEST crockpot cookbook to me: "Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook: Feasting with your Slow Cooker", by Dawn J. Ranck and Phyllis Pellman Good. I've made a number of the "Good" recipes from in there!

Jan 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: A friend from Idaho (former CMer) suggested the BEST crockpot cookbook to me: "Fix-...
(Quote) Michael-76823 said:

A friend from Idaho (former CMer) suggested the BEST crockpot cookbook to me: "Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook: Feasting with your Slow Cooker", by Dawn J. Ranck and Phyllis Pellman Good. I've made a number of the "Good" recipes from in there!

--hide--

Ding ding ding Wolf Whistle highfive We have a winner.

I own that one ( I actually own lots of cookbooks so that is not a remarkable statistical probability) and I can personally say that it is extremely easy, good and geared towards novice chefs. My daughter who is eight makes recipes from it with no outside assistance. She has been cooking since she was six, but you understand what I mean.

Jan 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Phyllo dough- right? But what shape are the dumplings in?
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Phyllo dough- right? But what shape are the dumplings in?

--hide--

Marian, the frozen phyllo dough is in a flat box in the freezer section it is either annes or paiges dough. you can cut them into any shape you want, but they are flat. hope this helps and they are VERY good!

Jan 26th 2013 new

(Quote) John-746882 said:Sadly Marian my recipe lacks bread crumbs on the top of the Mac and cheese. My Mom used to make us Mac and...
(Quote) John-746882 said:Sadly Marian my recipe lacks bread crumbs on the top of the Mac and cheese. My Mom used to make us Mac and cheese in a big yellow bowl and it would have a crust of bread crumbs on the top, which was by far everyone's favorite part. It's too bad none of us learned how to do that from her. The cupcakes--I'd recommend store bought chocolate and vanilla iced cupcakes. "Store bought" is my recipe for most things.
--hide--

If you really love Mac and cheese it would be worth it to look into some recipes. I think you would then be able to even make it in bulk and freeze some... to reheat in the over or microwave.... or you can engage your "special one" in this endeavor for you. It could come in handy for Lent. I think it is a fairly simple process. I have researched several recipes over the years.
Some recipes call for some onions and some are probably just straightforward....mac and cheese. For those of us who like the science and art of cooking we would enjoy solving these dilemmas for our loved one.

I once made Rouladin for my German boyfriend when we were first dating. I made it at my folks house and took it over there for him and his parents and mine were amazed. REALLY dating and showing love can be a JOY and I hope more of us will experience that here.

OVER the years I made his other favorite meals and learned a lot from it.

Jan 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Helen-881220 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: Phyllo dough- right? But what shape are...
(Quote) Helen-881220 said:

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

Phyllo dough- right? But what shape are the dumplings in?

Marian, the frozen phyllo dough is in a flat box in the freezer section it is either annes or paiges dough. you can cut them into any shape you want, but they are flat. hope this helps and they are VERY good!

--hide--

THANK YOU FOR the information! Phyllo dough can be used for a few interesting cooking projects..

Jan 26th 2013 new
Sorry no bacon for me...:( guess I lose.

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Well someone made a joke about bacon bait and I thought we could all share recipies or things we'd like to ...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Well someone made a joke about bacon bait and I thought we could all share recipies or things we'd like to cook up for a hungry man.
I will start by talking about an old recipe I used to make that was called quiche and Tell. It had a pie crust, heavy cream, olives, bacon and several types of cheeses. It was probably popular in the late 70's before we began to be warned about such heavy ingredients.

This thread will be about what OUR DEAR CM men are craving to eat and what we want to cook for them! OK? GO!!!!!!

--hide--
Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) John-759808 said: Sorry no bacon for me...:( guess I lose. (Quote) Marian-83994 said: Well s...
(Quote) John-759808 said: Sorry no bacon for me...:( guess I lose.

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

Well someone made a joke about bacon bait and I thought we could all share recipies or things we'd like to cook up for a hungry man.
I will start by talking about an old recipe I used to make that was called quiche and Tell. It had a pie crust, heavy cream, olives, bacon and several types of cheeses. It was probably popular in the late 70's before we began to be warned about such heavy ingredients.

This thread will be about what OUR DEAR CM men are craving to eat and what we want to cook for them! OK? GO!!!!!!

--hide--

I am sure you can come up with something. This thread is for you guys.

Jan 27th 2013 new

--hide--

Perhaps a nice tomato -basil soup? My favorite sandwich shop makes the best ever! I plan on figuring out how to make the soup myself.....
Posts 31 - 40 of 69