Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Jan 27th 2013 new
Your prayers were answered wonderfully Shara, so thank you! One of the best things is that she has seen me in the kitchen-at a total loss- and she still accepts me. She laughed when she asked me where I keep the spatulas and I said "Um I dunno."
Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: Perhaps a nice tomato -basil soup? My favorite sandwich shop makes the best ever! I plan on figu...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:

Perhaps a nice tomato -basil soup? My favorite sandwich shop makes the best ever! I plan on figuring out how to make the soup myself.....
--hide--

I have a real easy recipe for basic tomato soup that is easy to turn into a lot of different types.

1 can tomato juice

equal amount of milk

pat of butter

3+ tablespoons of cornstarch (3 makes a little thinner soup, add more if you want a thicker more bisque like soup)

Pinch of sugar

salt and pepper to taste.

To this I sometimes add some of the following: diced tomatoes, basil, roasted garlic, rice, noodles,

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) John-746882 said: Your prayers were answered wonderfully Shara, so thank you! One of the best things is that she has seen m...
(Quote) John-746882 said: Your prayers were answered wonderfully Shara, so thank you! One of the best things is that she has seen me in the kitchen-at a total loss- and she still accepts me. She laughed when she asked me where I keep the spatulas and I said "Um I dunno."
--hide--
\

That makes me so extremely happy . You are such a wonderful and encouraging guy so you deserve a great woman. You should still get that crockpot book so maybe you can surprise her one day. Women like surprises. wink

Jan 27th 2013 new
Good advice! Thanks for the kind words Shara!
Jan 27th 2013 new

A good quality bacon flavored meat loaf with mashed potatoes, gravy, and a side of string beans. Heaven on earth!

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Angela-893980 said: (Quote) Brenda-74660 said: Perhaps a nice tomato -basil soup? My favorit...
(Quote) Angela-893980 said:

Quote:
Brenda-74660 said:

Perhaps a nice tomato -basil soup? My favorite sandwich shop makes the best ever! I plan on figuring out how to make the soup myself.....

I have a real easy recipe for basic tomato soup that is easy to turn into a lot of different types.

1 can tomato juice

equal amount of milk

pat of butter

3+ tablespoons of cornstarch (3 makes a little thinner soup, add more if you want a thicker more bisque like soup)

Pinch of sugar

salt and pepper to taste.

To this I sometimes add some of the following: diced tomatoes, basil, roasted garlic, rice, noodles,

--hide--

THANK YOU!

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: A good quality bacon flavored meat loaf with mashed potatoes, gravy, and a side of string beans. Hea...
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

A good quality bacon flavored meat loaf with mashed potatoes, gravy, and a side of string beans. Heaven on earth!

--hide--

When did you last ave this meal? Perhaps you want to share a recipe?

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Helen-450889 said: share the good food?
(Quote) Helen-450889 said: share the good food?
--hide--

Absolutely!
one on one or a pot luck?

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Jacqueline-556574 said: I am a proponent of a nice-looking table as well. without the ...strangers.
(Quote) Jacqueline-556574 said: I am a proponent of a nice-looking table as well. without the ...strangers.
--hide--

OOPS time to wash the table rolling eyes cloth here

Jan 27th 2013 new

(Quote) John-746882 said: lemonade goes well with most any meal. My favorite is Simply Lemonade, or if you prefer a red, Simply Lem...
(Quote) John-746882 said: lemonade goes well with most any meal. My favorite is Simply Lemonade, or if you prefer a red, Simply Lemonade with raspberry. Natures Promise also has a very good bouquet,
--hide--

OH NO!
Not powdered or artificial lemonade- I usually use Realemon, but I prefer frozen lemonade- most any brand,
UNLESS I am in California- so many lemon trees- I like the little bush lemons but I prefer the big bright yellow ones,
and oranges and grapefruit and pumillos and tangerines....

Posts 41 - 50 of 69