Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

Jan 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Susie-550311 said: Karla- I was a foster parent for 6 years. It was the hardest thing I've ever loved. It...
(Quote) Susie-550311 said:

Karla-

I was a foster parent for 6 years. It was the hardest thing I've ever loved. It helped me realize why Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

Sadly, there are SO many kids in the foster system. Its heart breaking. If a man is worth his salt and he is open to children, fostering together should be a no brainer. It I believe your relationship will be all the better for it.

Bless you.

--hide--
Susie -- I'm buying what you're selling. There may have been difficulties, but the rewarding experience must have been well worth it.

Jan 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Laura-695247 said: Karla, that is great. I was thinking about being a foster parent in a few years. Ple...
(Quote) Laura-695247 said:

Karla, that is great. I was thinking about being a foster parent in a few years. Please keep us updated on how it all goes. Some of us single girls can learn from you. Thanks!

--hide--

I will keep you posted. Not getting many calls right now which is a good thing I suppose. Although, I am only licensed to take one child so that may be why. I may change my license to 2 at some point but not ready for that yet. Feel free to ask me any questions you may have biggrin .

Jan 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Karla-113052 said: Good morning all,I am curious what your thoughts are on this. I have recently started providi...
(Quote) Karla-113052 said:

Good morning all,
I am curious what your thoughts are on this. I have recently started providing foster care. I don't currently have a placement but could any day. I wasn't doing online dating when I had my last (and first) placement but am giving the whole online dating thing another try. I am not sure how to handle telling a potential date that I have a foster child. I do think it needs to come up pretty quick though because I don't want to waste my time with anyone that would be a deal breaker with. A friend of mine that also does foster care and seems to always have a placement put it right there in her profile. What are your suggestions?

--hide--

I just read you decided to put it in your profile, I only have left to say I admire your strenght, this job speaks a lot about your character and personality. People like you and this foster job are needed not only in US but everywhere, with high values and morals and faith, you are an example for many. Thank you for sharing

Jan 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Lisa-910908 said: (Quote) Karla-113052 said: Good morning all,I am curious what your thou...
(Quote) Lisa-910908 said:

Quote:
Karla-113052 said:

Good morning all,
I am curious what your thoughts are on this. I have recently started providing foster care. I don't currently have a placement but could any day. I wasn't doing online

Karla, I don't know what the rules are in your state,but in TX you can't have anyone in your home with a foster child (not even family) unless they are also trained for foster care. Just something to think about.

--hide--

You are right.. I forgot about this- They have to be fingerprinted....Possibly trained...

Feb 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Karla-113052 said: I will keep you posted. Not getting many calls right now which is a good thing I suppose....

I will keep you posted. Not getting many calls right now which is a good thing I suppose. Although, I am only licensed to take one child so that may be why. I may change my license to 2 at some point but not ready for that yet. Feel free to ask me any questions you may have .

--hide--

It's awesome that you are doing this.

Feb 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Karla-113052 said: Good morning all,I am curious what your thoughts are on this. I have recently started providi...

Good morning all,
I am curious what your thoughts are on this. I have recently started providing foster care. I don't currently have a placement but could any day. I wasn't doing online dating when I had my last (and first) placement but am giving the whole online dating thing another try. I am not sure how to handle telling a potential date that I have a foster child. I do think it needs to come up pretty quick though because I don't want to waste my time with anyone that would be a deal breaker with. A friend of mine that also does foster care and seems to always have a placement put it right there in her profile. What are your suggestions?

--hide--
Hello, Karla. I was about your age when I fostered and then adopted my great nephew when he was 5 months old. He is 15 today and the joy of my life. My husband passed away 7 years ago and I had to be a single parent again at a late age. If I were younger, I would foster/adopt again. There is great need for people who can nurture, love and sacrifice for the love of a child in need. God bless you. Do what you think is right in your heart and don't be afraid. The Lord will provide for you as he has done for me. theheart

Feb 2nd 2013 new

Good morning all,

--hide--
Karla,

create your interview on your profile stating this, Would a foster care chid adversely effect your decision to enter into a relationship? Yes/No. This is just an example. It is a quick way to sought out the insincere and the Goodtimed time wasters. Hope this helps. A person who would object shows three defects, (1) immaturity (2) insincerity (3) Selfishness. This is a perfect way to test a prospective. If they are going to fall at the hurdles better it be the first one. You don't need to be emotionally gutted when you are caring for someone who needs stability. You can't afford to have the child feeling like they are in the way.

Feb 2nd 2013 new

Thank you all for your kind words and suggestions. I have been on the open bed list for close to 2 weeks and still no placements. I have gotten a few calls but nothing has worked out yet. This is the part that causes me anxiety, the waiting and the unknown Praying .

Feb 7th 2013 new
You're doing a beautiful thing. Just bring it up once you and a prospect start communicating. Be natural; it's not like you're confessing some secret vice. Any guy who won't accept that you have a foster child is not worth dating. A guy who was married and who has his own kid(s) is probably more likely to be accepting of this.
Posts 11 - 19 of 19