Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 29th 2013 new
(Quote) Ann-69118 said: As long as you realize that looks aren't every and insist only on a supermode...
(Quote) Ann-69118 said:

As long as you realize that looks aren't every and insist only on a supermodel type I think you fine. Being realistic is a big part of it.

--hide--

Who'd want a supermodel? I'd just like a normal (I know, event THAT is asking a lot) woman. Not a pampered, self-indulgent, self-absorbed twit.
Jan 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: I think this is one of those things that is especially problematic with online meeting....
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

I think this is one of those things that is especially problematic with online meeting. Attraction is tied up in so many things and so many facets and even the homliest of males can be powerfully attractive because they exude masculinity or have a deep bear laugh that transforms their face. And, the same for women. I have never considered myself beautiful, not hideous, just plain and ordinary, but my husband thought I was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen and he really thought that. The things that truly make a person beautiful can't be guaged by a photograph and a few emotigrams. And, even purely physcial beauty is variable and differentially appreciated by others. A person may be ordinary at first glance and then they smile, or they have remarkable eyes or beautiful hands or any number of single traits that can reach out and spark another's interest. But, as others have noted, if there is no inner beauty then the initial physical beauty pales.

--hide--
I agree Lauren, there is a difference between attractive looks, and BEING attracted to someone. When it happens it really does feel like you're with the most beautiful on earth.

Jan 29th 2013 new

yea thanks, I def don't need supermodel...actually supermodels arnt that cute...anyways I'm attracted lookswise to a wide variety of people so it is def not the big issue haha

Jan 29th 2013 new

Sharing the same faith in belief and practice are always number one in my book, but if the chemistry/physical attraction isn't there, how could you move forward?

Jan 30th 2013 new

100% agree

Jan 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Bryan-7889 said: Who'd want a supermodel? I'd just like a normal (I know, event THAT is asking a lot) woman...
(Quote) Bryan-7889 said:

Who'd want a supermodel? I'd just like a normal (I know, event THAT is asking a lot) woman. Not a pampered, self-indulgent, self-absorbed twit.
--hide--
If that supermodel happens to share the same virtues and values that I hold, I'll definitely take her no doubt! Now, granting this particular supermodel takes me too, I'll be one very lucky and happy guy!

Now, to address one post that asks "what then if she becomes disfigured?" My answer is this "in my eyes, she will forever be the supermodel that I fell in love with."

On a different note, seemingly this topic is taking a turn towards a discussion of physical beauty AND virtuosity as if both can not coexist in a person.

Jan 30th 2013 new
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: On a different note, seemingly this topic is taking a turn towards a discussion of physical beauty AN...
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said:

On a different note, seemingly this topic is taking a turn towards a discussion of physical beauty AND virtuosity as if both can not coexist in a person.

--hide--

They can, Kahirup. Often are. More often, though, society conditioning has caused physical beauty to be considered, even by those who would by all commonly accepted standards be so labled, become to believe their worth as a person is derived solely by that measure.

Give me a normal, virtuous, 'together' lady. That's all. Not looking for the runway model or airbrushed poster in the mall. They are not real anyway.
Jan 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-732729 said: Sharing the same faith in belief and practice are always number one in my book, but if the chemist...
(Quote) Mary-732729 said:

Sharing the same faith in belief and practice are always number one in my book, but if the chemistry/physical attraction isn't there, how could you move forward?

--hide--

You're right on the money, Mary. I really think that all of the qualities mentioned in that canned question are necessary, physical attraction and faith go hand in hand. hug

I wonder, though, if as we advance in holiness and virtue and become more like Christ, the physical attributes of one's spouse become less important as we turn our mind's eye together toward Our Lord. scratchchin

Jan 31st 2013 new

I agree as well. One can be attracted by the beauty of the individual. I always think that if one is holy and beautiful on the inside, they offer their own kind of attraction cupid

Posts 41 - 49 of 49