Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Feb 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Alice-788574 said: Fear not. Tractor beams and transporters are perfectly safe for the human body,...
(Quote) Alice-788574 said:

Fear not. Tractor beams and transporters are perfectly safe for the human body, just not in real life.

It's -3. How about some ice cream?

--hide--

That is the perfect temperature for ice cream! You can walk around with it all day and it won't drip down onto your hand! laughing

Feb 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: faint Don't worry -- the light will come on!
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

faint

Don't worry -- the light will come on!

--hide--
Jerry, you're funny sometimes! laughing laughing laughing faint Just teaasing.

Feb 2nd 2013 new

Hi Bernadette,

A total nerd I am lol but unlike everyone else I am a horrible joke teller ;-((. And, I'm a scientist so I could probably keep you in links forever. . .but here is a link to an article about a study I'm involved with. I'm an archaeologist and I work with Ancient DNA. The full articles can be found on PLoS which by the way for anyone interested in science should check out, its a free publishing format that allows access to articles in a variety of fields.

www.examiner.com

There is also a new study out on the microbiomes of the Trophosphere --- exceptionally cool stuff about aresolized bacteria in the atmosphere. . .

Feb 2nd 2013 new

This is it, Bernadette.

phys.org

The Bible says during the end times watch for signs in the sky.

Feb 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: Hi Bernadette, A total nerd I am lol but unlike everyone else I am a horrible joke teller...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

Hi Bernadette,

A total nerd I am lol but unlike everyone else I am a horrible joke teller ;-((. And, I'm a scientist so I could probably keep you in links forever. . .but here is a link to an article about a study I'm involved with. I'm an archaeologist and I work with Ancient DNA. The full articles can be found on PLoS which by the way for anyone interested in science should check out, its a free publishing format that allows access to articles in a variety of fields.

www.examiner.com

There is also a new study out on the microbiomes of the Trophosphere --- exceptionally cool stuff about aresolized bacteria in the atmosphere. . .

--hide--

Wow!! How cool. And important, too - possibly more ammunition for treating/preventing immune disorders and other problems by balancing out intestinal bacteria :)

Feb 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Bernadette-605528 said: Wow!! How cool. And important, too - possibly more ammunition for treating/preventi...
(Quote) Bernadette-605528 said:

Wow!! How cool. And important, too - possibly more ammunition for treating/preventing immune disorders and other problems by balancing out intestinal bacteria :)

--hide--

Hi Bernadette,

YES! The Hygiene Hypothesis expanded. My particular work is in intestinal parasites themselves as part of the gut biome. There are already some helminthic therapies to treat such autoimmune disorders as Crohn's, IBD, Diabetes, MS, etc. . .pretty cool stuff.

Feb 2nd 2013 new

Hopefully if you click on the drawing it will enlarge

Feb 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: This is it, Bernadette.phys.org.
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

This is it, Bernadette.

phys.org

The Bible says during the end times watch for signs in the sky.

--hide--
Wait until the H.U.G.E. star Betelgeuse, which is only about 650 light years away from us, decide to go supernova. It will shine as bright as the clear full moon for about a year. The energy released in such an explosion is about equivalent to the energy our sun releases through its whole lifespan. It will outshine our whole galaxy during that event. Betelgeuse's mass is estimated to be between 7.7 - 20 times our sun (it's tricky to measure the mass because of the absence of a distinct surface) and if it were placed in the place of our sun, in the center of our solar system, it would engulf Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars and possibly Jupiter too. It glides through space at a speed of 30 km/sec (18 mi/sec) creating a bow shock over 4 light years wide.

Feb 2nd 2013 new
(Quote) Alice-788574 said: Fear not. Tractor beams and transporters are perfectly safe for the human body, just not in r...

Fear not. Tractor beams and transporters are perfectly safe for the human body, just not in real life.

--hide--
Yes at that temperature the ice cream will be indelible, love the green blooded guy:o)) I will possible be at the nursery with the daffodil show in the spring- happens about May?
Feb 2nd 2013 new
(Quote) Alice-788574 said: Fear not. Tractor beams and transporters are perfectly safe for the human body, just not in r...

--hide--
Posts 41 - 50 of 51