Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

Jan 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Katherine-868943 said: Maybe if I keep showing him puppies he'll quit trying to point out all the "forgotte...
(Quote) Katherine-868943 said:

Maybe if I keep showing him puppies he'll quit trying to point out all the "forgotten" babies in the store. (I have explained several times that babies in the car carriers in shopping baskets are not up for grabs, but he still checks.)

--hide--

You never know. Check for a bar code and see if it scans.

Jan 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Ronique-499294 said: Hi all! It's amazing to me those who really aren't open to more children and the husban...
(Quote) Ronique-499294 said:

Hi all! It's amazing to me those who really aren't open to more children and the husband who will accept your children from the previous marriage and be open to expanding the family. I realize the economy has dictated lots of things, but really...when I think of how the average family spends money...I think you all know what i'm talking about...priorities, priorities...

Any thoughts?

--hide--
Hi Ronique, I have run into this before too. I think that some (not all) men who have been married before and in their 40's and up are 'tired' and may not want to start 'all over' with having babies. I don't agree with this of course, but that's where I think they are coming from. Some of them don't necessarily want the 'extra' responsibility at their age.

However, as Catholics, we should be finding someone who is open to life at any point. We don't want our spouse freaking out if we are blessed with a child at our age, so it's best to just bypass men who aren't open to the possibility of life. You probably know all this, I'm just saying I hear ya sister biggrin

Jan 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Alice-788574 said: You never know. Check for a bar code and see if it scans.
(Quote) Alice-788574 said:

You never know. Check for a bar code and see if it scans.

--hide--

I like that smile Reminds me of my dad when my brothers and I were young. He used to tell us if we didn't behave he would return us to Sears where he got us from and get his money back,,that always seemed to work.

Jan 30th 2013 new

I am open to it all . most woman either say I am to old or my son to young . he fourteen . you can's win .

Feb 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Ronique-499294 said: Hi all! It's amazing to me those who really aren't open to more children and the husban...
(Quote) Ronique-499294 said:

Hi all! It's amazing to me those who really aren't open to more children and the husband who will accept your children from the previous marriage and be open to expanding the family. I realize the economy has dictated lots of things, but really...when I think of how the average family spends money...I think you all know what i'm talking about...priorities, priorities...

Any thoughts?

--hide--

I'm divorced with two children, and will be looking for a wife with whom to have a REAL family (including more children). Pending a favorable annulment decision...maybe will know Monday. Praying

Posts 11 - 15 of 15