Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: I am totally with you on this one. While I am intuitive, I prefer not to read minds. However, I...
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said:

I am totally with you on this one. While I am intuitive, I prefer not to read minds. However, I think men and women are wired differently. I personally like to be told upfront as I prefer to shy away from making assumptions as it always gets me in trouble. Similarly, not being able to read a lady's mind usually gets me in as much trouble too.

--hide--

The problem is, Kahirup, sometimes we don't know what we think. That is why it is best to keep us talking when there is a disagreement. Women think while they talk. When we stop talking in the middle of a disagreement things can get pretty messy. Much better to encourage us to talk about it...and then let us talk. Your life will be so much easier that way, especially if your discussion is with a woman you hope to have or continue to have a rgood elationship with.

When we ask you for your opinion, we really don't want you to tell us what to do. We want you to talk it out with us. And, when you tell us what we should do and then dismiss the issue...that is a recipe for some pretty messy results.

When you guys ask for our opinion, you really want it, because you think while you are doing something and you wait to ask for help when you can't figure it out.

Once I learned these rules of engagement between the sexes, my life became much easier. Unfortunately, I had to wait for 40 years until I taught a class which included information about male and female neuro-transmitters before I learned these lessons. But they have served me well since then.

- Elizabeth

Jan 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: The problem is, Kahirup, sometimes we don't know what we think. That is why i...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

The problem is, Kahirup, sometimes we don't know what we think. That is why it is best to keep us talking when there is a disagreement. Women think while they talk. When we stop talking in the middle of a disagreement things can get pretty messy. Much better to encourage us to talk about it...and then let us talk. Your life will be so much easier that way, especially if your discussion is with a woman you hope to have or continue to have a rgood elationship with.

When we ask you for your opinion, we really don't want you to tell us what to do. We want you to talk it out with us. And, when you tell us what we should do and then dismiss the issue...that is a recipe for some pretty messy results.

When you guys ask for our opinion, you really want it, because you think while you are doing something and you wait to ask for help when you can't figure it out.

Once I learned these rules of engagement between the sexes, my life became much easier. Unfortunately, I had to wait for 40 years until I taught a class which included information about male and female neuro-transmitters before I learned these lessons. But they have served me well since then.

- Elizabeth

--hide--
I agree with you Elizabeth. I was just pointing out the big difference when it comes to communication styles, and my personal preference about it. I have learned that and have accepted the fact that the thought processes differ between the sexes.

Feb 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: when it pops to mind. One of the first things my husband gave me was a silly little cli...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

when it pops to mind. One of the first things my husband gave me was a silly little clip on unicorn because I collected unicorns and he saw it at the check out at a truck stop when he was out of town for work the week after we met. He was actually a little embarrasssed giving it to me because it was so cheap it was that hard plastic with like felt fuzz glued to it rather than soft like a teddy bear. But, it was to this day one of the most precious gifts he ever gave me :-).

Of that list -- surprise texts or phone calls, a shirt or hoodie that smells like them, and I can't remember now if that was one of them or not but a note or a card just because so very very cool :-). We never bothered each other at work except for emergencies generally, but every once in awhile I would get a call during the day from him and he'd say, "I was just thinking about you and wanted to hear your voice." -- always made my day.

--hide--

That's a pretty creative idea smile! Thank you for sharing your story, Lauren.

Feb 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: A girl wants from her guy, but will not ask for.. Whatcha all think? ‎15 things a...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

A girl wants from her guy, but will not ask for.. Whatcha all think?

‎15 things a girl wants from her guy but won't ask for:

1. Good morning and Good night texts.
2. Pictures taken together.
3. Surprises.
4. Visiting and bringing her favorite food.
5. A hoodie with his scent all over it.
6. Really long hugs.
7. Slow dances.
8. Sincere compliments.
9. Singing her favorite songs even if it's out of tune.
10. A cute teddy bear to hug when he's not around.
11. Real, deep conversations.
12. Nonsense but funny conversations too.
13. His gentlemanliness.
14. Comfort and patience when she's in tears.
15. Telling her how much you love her.

--hide--

Donna so you are a great Catholic woman: scratchchin scratchchin
1) You are smart
2) You are funny
3) You cook
4) You are a hopeless romantic
5) You are sensitive to a guy's needs and feel things deeply
6) You drive out of town to paint rooms for your guy
7) You have a heart of service
8) You are an amazing Mom

I am just so amazed that none of these guys out here have snapped you up as yet. WHAT YOU MEN THINKING????? boggled This called a no brainer

If a guy had all of those qualities I would run not walk to the nearest computer to snag him up. I hope that you men realize the prime opportunity that you have here.

So men let us see who of you is smart enough to realize the opportunity at hand and ask Donna out for Valentine's Day. This is obviously a limited time offer due to attractiveness of the prize.

Feb 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: Donna so you are a great Catholic woman: 1) You are smart2) You are funny3) Y...
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

Donna so you are a great Catholic woman:
1) You are smart
2) You are funny
3) You cook
4) You are a hopeless romantic
5) You are sensitive to a guy's needs and feel things deeply
6) You drive out of town to paint rooms for your guy
7) You have a heart of service
8) You are an amazing Mom

I am just so amazed that none of these guys out here have snapped you up as yet. WHAT YOU MEN THINKING????? This called a no brainer

If a guy had all of those qualities I would run not walk to the nearest computer to snag him up. I hope that you men realize the prime opportunity that you have here.

So men let us see who of you is smart enough to realize the opportunity at hand and ask Donna out for Valentine's Day. This is obviously a limited time offer due to attractiveness of the prize.

--hide--

shhh Those are all my secrets.. paper bag embarassed laughing

Thank you Shara..

Feb 6th 2013 new

The only one I want is #13.

Feb 8th 2013 new

I'd say "Thumbs up".

Feb 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: The problem is, Kahirup, sometimes we don't know what we think. That is why i...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

- Elizabeth

--hide--

Good point !

Feb 8th 2013 new
Why won't a girl ask?
Feb 10th 2013 new
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Just curious - what profession is anti-teddy bear?
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Just curious - what profession is anti-teddy bear?

--hide--

A butcher?
Posts 51 - 60 of 63