Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 29th 2013 new

Victoria, Valentines day used to be really difficult for me also until I heard someone say that it was just "singles awareness day." I thought that was kinda funny! Anyway, I just remind myself that it is the memorial day of Saint Valentine. And that I am in good company all of the time with my Guardian Angel and Jesus and Mary- so I am truly not alone at all.

Jan 29th 2013 new

Elizabeth, I too have been sick and wished for someone to hold me and tell me that everything was going to be ok. When I have no where else to turn for this comfort I remember that Jesus is there so I just close my eyes and picture Him and ask Him to hold me. It is the most comforted I have ever felt.

Jan 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Therese-632256 said: Elizabeth, I too have been sick and wished for someone to hold me and tell me that everything w...
(Quote) Therese-632256 said:

Elizabeth, I too have been sick and wished for someone to hold me and tell me that everything was going to be ok. When I have no where else to turn for this comfort I remember that Jesus is there so I just close my eyes and picture Him and ask Him to hold me. It is the most comforted I have ever felt.

--hide--

Thanks Therese. That's a great idea.

- Elizabeth

Jan 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Therese-632256 said: Elizabeth, I too have been sick and wished for someone to hold me and tell me that everything w...

--hide--

- Elizabeth

Jan 29th 2013 new

--hide--

- Elizabeth

Jan 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: Thanks Therese. That's a great idea.- Elizabeth
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

- Elizabeth

--hide--

Oh my goodness...sorry for the three posts. Having a bit of computer trouble.

- Elizabeth

Jan 29th 2013 new

Personally I put more energy into my faith, my studies, and my work. The relationships I have with my family and friends are important too smile.

Jan 29th 2013 new

Thank you for sharing that Leilani. I do think it's important to be ok with our "aloneness" at some level.

Jan 29th 2013 new

biggrin wave

Jan 29th 2013 new

You know what I have done (and lots of others say it works for them too)? Sit or stand up straight, close your eyes, stretch your arms out to the side as far as you can (like you are on a cross), then bring your arms towards each other, cross over and give yourself a warm, wonderful hug! Massage your shoulders and neck a bit, tell yourself you are special and perfect just the way you are! No one can love you if you don't first love and accept yourself. You won't understand how comforting this is unless you have actually tried it! It feels even better to pass this idea on to someone who needs a hug!

You deserve to feel special every day!!

Posts 31 - 40 of 88