Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Victoria-691000 said: On Valentine's day(as well as other times) how do people cope with being lonely? I'm s...
(Quote) Victoria-691000 said:

On Valentine's day(as well as other times) how do people cope with being lonely? I'm sure this topic was (and is) being covered in other forums, so I do apologize if I am repeating this. I'm feeling very discouraged, having grown tired of ignored emotigrams, email conversations that stop out of the blue(ok, said other person may have met someone else, but when will it be my turn?) When I am in a better frame of mind about this, I think that there are as many ways to meet people as there are people.

But does it seem like everyone around you is pairing up right and left?

I've heard folks that met on here say they never got discouraged. Um, really? NEVER? Come on, not once? People who met on here also have given advice on searching for their mate. Wonderful pointers. But the thing is, some people have been doing these very things for years and still have not found their special person.

I want to get to a point where I either find the right person or be ok with being alone. Will continue to put myself out there, and if I end up alone, I at least know I tried . Thanks for the chance to vent.

--hide--

Victoria,

You put into words some of my 'on again & off again' venting emotions! While I am, for the majority of the time, OK with my aloneness, I tend to get impatient with be 'alone'.

I have decided that I am going to spend Valentine's Day evening going to our parish's 7pm Mass and then be with Jesus in front of the Blessed Sacrament. What better place to be and to pour out my heart to Him!!

Blessings to you smile

Jan 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: We used to have a horse that was always getting out of the fence to go visiting other horses ...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

We used to have a horse that was always getting out of the fence to go visiting other horses down the road. He was lonely, too. I found that just having a goat with a horse settled them down. Humans are herding animals, too. It is just against our nature to be alone. Probably why God didn't leave Adam all by himself.

- Elizabeth

--hide--

Elizabeth......yes, yes, yes!!! smile

Christina

Jan 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Victoria-691000 said: THANK YOU, Michelle. Thanks very much!! Amen to that.
(Quote) Victoria-691000 said:

THANK YOU, Michelle. Thanks very much!! Amen to that.

--hide--

Your very welcome Victoria!

Jan 29th 2013 new

Hi Victoria,

Boy I wish I had a clue. I try to stay busy and do things, but there is always a point in the evening when you have to go home and the silence and emptiness is there to greet you.

Jan 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Christina-933729 said: Victoria,You put into words some of my 'on again & off again'...
(Quote) Christina-933729 said:

Victoria,

You put into words some of my 'on again & off again' venting emotions! While I am, for the majority of the time, OK with my aloneness, I tend to get impatient with be 'alone'.

I have decided that I am going to spend Valentine's Day evening going to our parish's 7pm Mass and then be with Jesus in front of the Blessed Sacrament. What better place to be and to pour out my to Him!!

Blessings to you

--hide--

Hi Christina,

Thanks for writing. Your idea is a great one... hug ..thank you!

Jan 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: Hi Victoria, Boy I wish I had a clue. I try to stay busy and do things, but there is alwa...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

Hi Victoria,

Boy I wish I had a clue. I try to stay busy and do things, but there is always a point in the evening when you have to go home and the silence and emptiness is there to greet you.

--hide--

I know.....and to clarify I'm not just talking about Valentine's day. It's going to doctor's appointments by yourself because you don't have a significant other to go with you or you don't have someone to wait with while you may or may not receive bad medical news( regarding you or someone else.... not that I don't have friends/siblings to help me as far as that goes, but it's not the same).

Jan 30th 2013 new

+JMJ+

I go to a local perpetual adoration chapel several times a week. While certainly not the primary reason for going, it can be a great source of consolation when one is lonely. Not only is Our Lord present, Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity, the room is packed full with angels biggrin Also, over the years I've met some rather interesting people there and made some good friends.

For those living of traveling in the United States, here's a great resource.

www.therealpresence.org

Anyone with resources outside the US, please do let everyone know.

Jan 30th 2013 new

Here is a package of pick-me ups we have put together for Valentine's Day and will cotninue to add to. www.catholicmatch.com

Jan 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Jennifer-567618 said: I agree that it really is just another day. I've always been "anti-Valentine's day"...
(Quote) Jennifer-567618 said: I agree that it really is just another day. I've always been "anti-Valentine's day" quite honestly. Why must we have a specific day to show our loved ones how much we care? When I'm in a relationship, I'd much rather be surprised out of the blue with something as simple as a note on a random day out of the year, than a box of chocolates on Valentine's day *just* because society says you're supposed to do something on that specific day. Victoria - I can relate to feeling lonely, discouraged, and frustrated at times. Perhaps to help fight with the loneliness you could see if any of your local Catholic Churches have an Adult Ministry group that you could join. I recently found one, and they have different get togethers and events. I find that it helps to visit with others, especially of the same faith, and it gets me out. I haven't been to one yet, but I've heard great things about Theology on Tap, too. Use this time to do things you love! Start a new hobby that you've always wanted to try, take a class or workshop at a local college, volunteer -- who knows, maybe you'll meet someone that way!;)
--hide--

Thank you, Jennifer! Will think about those ideas. fluffy

Jan 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: I hit the gym and workout like there's no tomorrow
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said:

I hit the gym and workout like there's no tomorrow

--hide--

Great idea, Kahirup..... goldfish

Posts 41 - 50 of 88