Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Yup -- it's been commercialized with a lot of hype. It's a good way to sell chocolates, gre...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Yup -- it's been commercialized with a lot of hype. It's a good way to sell chocolates, greeting cards, and other gifts. It's never bad to give recognition to your Sweetie, but that can be (and should be) done every day.

One needs to be strong even when alone. It'll help one become stronger when the right time comes.

Don't abandon hope. If it's meant to be, it will happen. Although you feel alone now, it could amount to being saved from a worse fate -- being paired with the wrong person and not realizing it or finding out until it's too late.

--hide--

Thank you, Ray, all very true, especially your last point. clap

Jan 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Dave-146273 said: I've heard "Loneliness is a state of mind" .. If you're not in that sta...
(Quote) Dave-146273 said:

I've heard "Loneliness is a state of mind" .. If you're not in that state, you won't mind!

--hide--

I'll remember that, Dave...thank you! laughing

Jan 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Ann-69118 said: Keep busy and don't allow myself the time to dwell on it. With 2 jobs and bein...
(Quote) Ann-69118 said:

Keep busy and don't allow myself the time to dwell on it. With 2 jobs and being in 15 activity groups with always something to do this isn't very hard.

--hide--

Thank you, Ann! cookie

Jan 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Therese-632256 said: Victoria, Valentines day used to be really difficult for me also until I heard someone say that...
(Quote) Therese-632256 said:

Victoria, Valentines day used to be really difficult for me also until I heard someone say that it was just "singles awareness day." I thought that was kinda funny! Anyway, I just remind myself that it is the memorial day of Saint Valentine. And that I am in good company all of the time with my Guardian Angel and Jesus and Mary- so I am truly not alone at all.

--hide--

Thank you, Therese! cookie

Jan 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Ezrah-891754 said: Personally I put more energy into my faith, my studies, and my work. The relationships I have wit...
(Quote) Ezrah-891754 said:

Personally I put more energy into my faith, my studies, and my work. The relationships I have with my family and friends are important too .

--hide--

Very true, Ezrah. Thank you. goldfish

Jan 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Susan-898095 said: You know what I have done (and lots of others say it works for them too)? Sit or stand up straigh...
(Quote) Susan-898095 said:

You know what I have done (and lots of others say it works for them too)? Sit or stand up straight, close your eyes, stretch your arms out to the side as far as you can (like you are on a cross), then bring your arms towards each other, cross over and give yourself a warm, wonderful hug! Massage your shoulders and neck a bit, tell yourself you are special and perfect just the way you are! No one can love you if you don't first love and accept yourself. You won't understand how comforting this is unless you have actually tried it! It feels even better to pass this idea on to someone who needs a hug!

You deserve to feel special every day!!

--hide--

Thank you Susan....I will try that. When I have a voice lesson, part of my pre-lesson warm up includes a "hug because you are worth it." Maybe I should do that more often!! fluffy

Jan 30th 2013 new

rolling eyes It is my understanding that most people look and do not say a thing. I found I said something to the matches I had and when I read the dating info they give out I should have not responded that way. I have had views, few messages or emotigrams. Just smile and continue to look. Just finished a 6 month journey of writing with one...write was all. I was not allowed to talk to him by phone or meet him. He was not ready....had lost wife a year ago. Wrong timing maybe, however the majority of widowed men marry within the first two years I have been told. Now that I know him better he will be just fine alone. He likes it that way. Hope this has helped. No guarantees. Father said, Our Lord emptied himself. I am told that is what true love is....hope this helps. It is definitely a two way street. Widowed now for 19 years....and still going. Marjory

Jan 30th 2013 new

Joseph, that is a good idea, I may have to look into where nearby I can do that. Lauren

Jan 30th 2013 new
I will do something with friends or get involved in something I enjoy doing by myself....maybe a good movie or book and a bowl of popcorn! I try to remember that God is in charge and He is allowing this for me today and on St. Valentine's Day...Someday I will understand the Wisdom in His decisions.
Jan 30th 2013 new

+JMJ+

I didn't realize you had gotten married, Brian. Congratulations!

Posts 51 - 60 of 88