Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

02/01/2013 new

I'm thinking of learning to cook some Korean food. I love kimchee anyway.

en.wikipedia.org

We could shift that to February, right?

02/01/2013 new

When the holidays come around, even V-Day, I always embrace it with my beautiful grandchildren. Just sharing the joys of them getting thier cards, deciding who gets what and what candy! I spoil them with thier own box of chocolates and stuffed animals!! Nothing brings more joy to my heart then seeing my grandchildrens eyes light up and their smiles beaming from ear to ear!! I may be single, but I am not alone or lonely. I am just very happy and grateful that God has given me this time in my life to share with my grandchildren. I know he has a plan for me, and for right now, I'm very happy with his plan!! biggrin

02/01/2013 new

(Quote) Victoria-691000 said: With Valentine's day coming up, I was just wondering what folks not in a relationship woul...
(Quote) Victoria-691000 said:

With Valentine's day coming up, I was just wondering what folks not in a relationship would be up to. I might try to get together with some friends, either on the actual day or maybe on the weekend. Or maybe I'll treat myself to something nice.

On Valentine's day(as well as other times) how do people cope with being lonely? I'm sure this topic was (and is) being covered in other forums, so I do apologize if I am repeating this. I'm feeling very discouraged, having grown tired of ignored emotigrams, email conversations that stop out of the blue(ok, said other person may have met someone else, but when will it be my turn?) When I am in a better frame of mind about this, I think that there are as many ways to meet people as there are people.

But does it seem like everyone around you is pairing up right and left?

If there is something I can do to my profile and or pictures, I will. But as far as my looks, sorry, it's what God gave me, and God doesn't make junk.

As far as pics, I'm more than a little challenged with getting new pics taken and on computer. I have a CD coming from a trip I took in Las Vegas, but I don't know when I will get them because the friend putting the CD together is very busy. Once I have the CD, I do know what to do with it.

I've heard folks that met on here say they never got discouraged. Um, really? NEVER? Come on, not once? People who met on here also have given advice on searching for their mate. Wonderful pointers. But the thing is, some people have been doing these very things for years and still have not found their special person.

I want to get to a point where I either find the right person or be ok with being alone. Will continue to put myself out there, and if I end up alone, I at least know I tried . Thanks for the chance to vent.

--hide--

Focus on the fact that you are never really alone. God is always there with you. Focus on him and you will never be alone.

I lost my wife 20 months ago. I miss her terrible, but I am not lonely.

02/01/2013 new

(Quote) Susi-932519 said: When the holidays come around, even V-Day, I always embrace it with my beautiful grandchildren. Ju...
(Quote) Susi-932519 said:

When the holidays come around, even V-Day, I always embrace it with my beautiful grandchildren. Just sharing the joys of them getting thier cards, deciding who gets what and what candy! I spoil them with thier own box of chocolates and stuffed animals!! Nothing brings more joy to my heart then seeing my grandchildrens eyes light up and their smiles beaming from ear to ear!! I may be single, but I am not alone or lonely. I am just very happy and grateful that God has given me this time in my life to share with my grandchildren. I know he has a plan for me, and for right now, I'm very happy with his plan!!

--hide--

Welcome to Catholic Match!

02/01/2013 new
Hi Victoria, Just wanted to share with you something I did for Valentine's day a couple of years ago, I decided to plan a tea party/lunch for my girlfriends the weekend before Valentine's day. I decorated my home with lots of hearts and cute things that I picked up at a local party store and then I planned a great menu with tea sandwiches and desserts and a crock pot filled with spiced wine (that was a big hit!) and a friend helped me make and send out some invitations...it was WONDERFUL!! Great time of fun and laughter and fellowship and good food and wine!
02/01/2013 new

It's is sad to be alone. I deal my loneliness with writing to God in my 365 days after reading the Gospel.

I pray without ceasing and it makes me at peace. I learned to talk to Him in prayer.

He who knows all things and He who can do all things. Praise the Lord that I loved dark chocolate

and my sister in law would sent me.

A visit to his grave and reiterate my love for him would make me feel good.

A visit to the Blessed Sacrament also keep away my loneliness,

then may be a sip of Bubbly wine with my daughter on Valentines day surely will put me to sleep with a smile.

Just remember God is good and He is all the time. Peace and Blessings.

02/01/2013 new

Loneliness is something that I crave every once in a while. Usually, I go out with friends if I am feeling like being sociable outside of work, which is quite often. Valentines Day will be no different. I'll probably climb a mountain on the weekend.

02/01/2013 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: I will do something with friends or get involved in something I enjoy doing by myself....maybe a good movi...
(Quote) Meg-920823 said: I will do something with friends or get involved in something I enjoy doing by myself....maybe a good movie or book and a bowl of popcorn! I try to remember that God is in charge and He is allowing this for me today and on St. Valentine's Day...Someday I will understand the Wisdom in His decisions.
--hide--

Thank you, Meg! wave

02/01/2013 new

(Quote) Casey-871156 said: Do it, Victoria! Treat yourself to something nice or spend time with people you...
(Quote) Casey-871156 said:

Do it, Victoria! Treat yourself to something nice or spend time with people you love! It's hard enough being single, amoungst a world that seems paired off, let alone have a whole day (of many) where being pairless is amplified.

I am so sorry you've been feeling discourged in your search. I wish I had some words of wisdom, but I don't...only because I have recently been struggling with feeling discouraged myself. However, I recently heard a story of someone struggling with their own singleness who was given a miraculous sign of hope from God. I've thought of asking for my own sign here soon. It would be nice to have something to hold onto. I also find myself purusing the success stories on this sight, especially those of people who endured a longer wait. Every little bit helps!

And, most importantly, you're right--God doesn't make junk! You are a beautiful lady, with a beautiful heart and spirit, too. So, don't let yourself forget that.

Praying for you, and for us all, during this time of waiting!

--hide--

Thank you for your kind words, Casey! Turns out I will be going to Arizona for a family vacation on Feb 15, so I will probably be spending Valentine's day packing for the trip! Nice thing to look forward to. hersheyskiss cookie

02/01/2013 new

(Quote) Susi-932519 said: When the holidays come around, even V-Day, I always embrace it with my beautiful grandchildren. Ju...
(Quote) Susi-932519 said:

When the holidays come around, even V-Day, I always embrace it with my beautiful grandchildren. Just sharing the joys of them getting thier cards, deciding who gets what and what candy! I spoil them with thier own box of chocolates and stuffed animals!! Nothing brings more joy to my heart then seeing my grandchildrens eyes light up and their smiles beaming from ear to ear!! I may be single, but I am not alone or lonely. I am just very happy and grateful that God has given me this time in my life to share with my grandchildren. I know he has a plan for me, and for right now, I'm very happy with his plan!!

--hide--

Thank you, Susi! I will be sending Valentine's day cards/treats to my 3 nieces, who I love like my own...I always look forward to doing things like that for them. fluffy

Posts 71 - 80 of 88