Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

02/01/2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Focus on the fact that you are never really alone. God is always there with you. Focus on...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

Focus on the fact that you are never really alone. God is always there with you. Focus on him and you will never be alone.

I lost my wife 20 months ago. I miss her terrible, but I am not lonely.

--hide--

Thank you Paul! goldfish

02/01/2013 new

(Quote) Erin-419365 said: Hi Victoria, Just wanted to share with you something I did for Valentine's day a couple of years ago,...
(Quote) Erin-419365 said: Hi Victoria, Just wanted to share with you something I did for Valentine's day a couple of years ago, I decided to plan a tea party/lunch for my girlfriends the weekend before Valentine's day. I decorated my home with lots of hearts and cute things that I picked up at a local party store and then I planned a great menu with tea sandwiches and desserts and a crock pot filled with spiced wine (that was a big hit!) and a friend helped me make and send out some invitations...it was WONDERFUL!! Great time of fun and laughter and fellowship and good food and wine!
--hide--

Hi, Erin! Great idea! One year I got together with some girlfriends for pizza. I got each of them a flower and cookie! I had such a good time getting that stuff together. Have fun on Valentine's day this year, whatever you do. rose cookie

02/01/2013 new

(Quote) Aida-740057 said: It's is sad to be alone. I deal my loneliness with writing to God in my 365 days after reading...
(Quote) Aida-740057 said:

It's is sad to be alone. I deal my loneliness with writing to God in my 365 days after reading the Gospel.

I pray without ceasing and it makes me at peace. I learned to talk to Him in prayer.

He who knows all things and He who can do all things. Praise the Lord that I loved dark chocolate

and my sister in law would sent me.

A visit to his grave and reiterate my love for him would make me feel good.

A visit to the Blessed Sacrament also keep away my loneliness,

then may be a sip of Bubbly wine with my daughter on Valentines day surely will put me to sleep with a smile.

Just remember God is good and He is all the time. Peace and Blessings.

Thank you Aida! goldfish

--hide--

02/01/2013 new

(Quote) Aida-740057 said: It's is sad to be alone. I deal my loneliness with writing to God in my 365 days after reading...
(Quote) Aida-740057 said:

It's is sad to be alone. I deal my loneliness with writing to God in my 365 days after reading the Gospel.

I pray without ceasing and it makes me at peace. I learned to talk to Him in prayer.

He who knows all things and He who can do all things. Praise the Lord that I loved dark chocolate

and my sister in law would sent me.

A visit to his grave and reiterate my love for him would make me feel good.

A visit to the Blessed Sacrament also keep away my loneliness,

then may be a sip of Bubbly wine with my daughter on Valentines day surely will put me to sleep with a smile.

Just remember God is good and He is all the time. Peace and Blessings.

--hide--

Thank you, Aida! fluffy

02/02/2013 new

Hi Victoria

Thanks for your honesty. I've been a widow for over 6 years and just started dating about 7 weeks ago. Got in a relationship right away and was looking forward to Valentine's Day. Well, that relationship has ended but it did open up an awareness as to just how lonely I am. I know how to be a wonderful wife and partner, know nothing about dating (especially this online stuff) and trust way too easily.

One of my favorite bible verses is from Jeremiah, "For I know the plans I have for you:, declares the Lord to give you hope and a future". I try to let God show me what my vocation is supposed to be, widow, single, married. It is extremely difficult for me to not think I know what is best for me...it just is not my plan..

02/02/2013 new

(Quote) Darcy-939728 said: Hi VictoriaThanks for your honesty. I've been a widow for over 6 years and just start...
(Quote) Darcy-939728 said:

Hi Victoria

Thanks for your honesty. I've been a widow for over 6 years and just started dating about 7 weeks ago. Got in a relationship right away and was looking forward to Valentine's Day. Well, that relationship has ended but it did open up an awareness as to just how lonely I am. I know how to be a wonderful wife and partner, know nothing about dating (especially this online stuff) and trust way too easily.

One of my favorite bible verses is from Jeremiah, "For I know the plans I have for you:, declares the Lord to give you hope and a future". I try to let God show me what my vocation is supposed to be, widow, single, married. It is extremely difficult for me to not think I know what is best for me...it just is not my plan..

--hide--

Welcome to the fora, Darcy. I know exactly what you are talking about. It's been 6 years for me and I find myself laughing at my first attempts at dating. I was something akin to a scared rabbit. I know how to be a wife, run a house, manage finances, and raise kids, but this dating stuff has been a big challenge. And, knowing that I am very trusting, I feel even more challenged.

But that loneliness thing keeps me motivated and I have been fortunate enough to meet some very nice men. Even as I write this, the word "dating" sounds almost ridiculous at my age, so I avoid the word as much as possible and substitute other references for what I have come to accept is exactly what I am doing...dating. Wow, I've said it...still sounds like something from high school. Oh well, I'm making the effort and have met a few very nice gentlemen...just not Mr. Right. But, at least I am giving God a chance to bless me again. Loneliness might just be the equivalent of necessity...as in "necessity is the mother of invention."

02/02/2013 new

(Quote) Victoria-691000 said: With Valentine's day coming up, I was just wondering what folks not in a relationship woul...
(Quote) Victoria-691000 said:

With Valentine's day coming up, I was just wondering what folks not in a relationship would be up to. I might try to get together with some friends, either on the actual day or maybe on the weekend. Or maybe I'll treat myself to something nice.

On Valentine's day(as well as other times) how do people cope with being lonely? I'm sure this topic was (and is) being covered in other forums, so I do apologize if I am repeating this. I'm feeling very discouraged, having grown tired of ignored emotigrams, email conversations that stop out of the blue(ok, said other person may have met someone else, but when will it be my turn?) When I am in a better frame of mind about this, I think that there are as many ways to meet people as there are people.

But does it seem like everyone around you is pairing up right and left?

If there is something I can do to my profile and or pictures, I will. But as far as my looks, sorry, it's what God gave me, and God doesn't make junk.

As far as pics, I'm more than a little challenged with getting new pics taken and on computer. I have a CD coming from a trip I took in Las Vegas, but I don't know when I will get them because the friend putting the CD together is very busy. Once I have the CD, I do know what to do with it.

I've heard folks that met on here say they never got discouraged. Um, really? NEVER? Come on, not once? People who met on here also have given advice on searching for their mate. Wonderful pointers. But the thing is, some people have been doing these very things for years and still have not found their special person.

I want to get to a point where I either find the right person or be ok with being alone. Will continue to put myself out there, and if I end up alone, I at least know I tried . Thanks for the chance to vent.

--hide--

Victoria, thanks for your post! Loneliness is definitely not a fun feeling. However, I have experienced that one can feel lonely even when surrounded by many people! So loneliness I think is one of the consequences of original sin, as we have lost the ability to consistently be in harmony with God, others and even within one's self. I have found that the best remedy for loneliness is to really enter into my relationship with God through prayer. When I am at peace with Him, I am at peace within myself and do not feel lonely. Of course, I also haven't been married, so perhaps being married is also a remedy! But I think there will always be those moments of disharmony in life when loneliness might be present there too. But in the meantime, Adoration is my remedy for loneliness!

02/02/2013 new

Thank you John! I really enjoy these forums!! biggrin

Posts 81 - 88 of 88