Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: I just signed the petition, Cheryl. Hope these signatures help.
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

I just signed the petition, Cheryl. Hope these signatures help.

--hide--
thanks

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Peter that is what he is being charged with...sharing his Christian faith... since they don'...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

Peter that is what he is being charged with...sharing his Christian faith... since they don't have freedom of religion there....but every thing I've read or heard said he was visiting family. Either way, he needs to be freed and we need to do everything we can for him including prayer and petitions.

--hide--

One of the problems in this case is that he holds duel citizenship; i.e he is both a US citizen and a citizen of Iran.

Thye other VERY BIG PROBLEM, is that Obummer and his former Secretary of State refused to intervene in any way on his behalf.

Secretary Kerry, who should never have even been electted to the Seante in the first place, has at least acted to the etent that an underling was alou d to issue an offical statement decrying Iran's action.

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Debbie-168656 said: okay. I signed the petition.
(Quote) Debbie-168656 said:

okay. I signed the petition.

--hide--

Me too.

Feb 10th 2013 new

I signed. And will pray that the petition helps. The sad thing is just by admitting he was a pastor could be seen as him trying to spread Christianity. Prayers for him and his family.

Feb 10th 2013 new

Thanks!

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Angela-893980 said: I signed. And will pray that the petition helps. The sad thing is just by admitting he was a pas...
(Quote) Angela-893980 said:

I signed. And will pray that the petition helps. The sad thing is just by admitting he was a pastor could be seen as him trying to spread Christianity. Prayers for him and his family.

--hide--
Thanks!

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: One of the problems in this case is that he holds duel citizenship; i.e he is both a US c...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

One of the problems in this case is that he holds duel citizenship; i.e he is both a US citizen and a citizen of Iran.

Thye other VERY BIG PROBLEM, is that Obummer and his former Secretary of State refused to intervene in any way on his behalf.

Secretary Kerry, who should never have even been electted to the Seante in the first place, has at least acted to the etent that an underling was alou d to issue an offical statement decrying Iran's action.

--hide--
I'm not suprised....Obummer is pure evil itself and his former secretary of state isn't much better.

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Cheryl, Pastor Abedini was indeed evangelizing in Iran and not just visiting his family: h...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Cheryl, Pastor Abedini was indeed evangelizing in Iran and not just visiting his family:

aclj.org

For whatever reason he deliberately put himself in harm's way. As far as I can determine, the Catholic Church has wisely avoided evangelizing in predominantly Muslim countries. I know he's not Catholic, but he had to know the risks.

--hide--

What, you're not allowed to make disciples in places like Iran? Our Lord said to make disciples of all nations, not just the ones that'll treat them well.

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: What, you're not allowed to make disciples in places like Iran? Our Lord said to ma...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

What, you're not allowed to make disciples in places like Iran? Our Lord said to make disciples of all nations, not just the ones that'll treat them well.

--hide--
Steven, all I'm saying is evangelizing in a radical, Muslim governed country was an irresponsible thing for a family man to do.

Feb 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Please sign the petition to help free this American pastor who was visiting his family in Ir...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

Please sign the petition to help free this American pastor who was visiting his family in Iran and was arrested for just being Christian. After a sham trial they have imprisoned him.

aclj.org

--hide--

Cheryl: I was going to sign it, but I felt they asked for too much information. I don't understand how a signature with
this organization will help this man in Iran if he is already imprisoned. Messing with Iran is a serious issue. He should
have been more careful if it was his fault for being arrested. What a shame.

Posts 11 - 20 of 29