Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Feb 9th 2013 new

Hi Debbie (staff member),

Can you request for cm to review your profile and give any suggestions?

Feb 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Matthew-523856 said: Good morning, Stacey! I have to reiterate the points made by previous poste...
(Quote) Matthew-523856 said:

Good morning, Stacey!

I have to reiterate the points made by previous posters, while adding something that hasn't been addressed yet. Your profile is articulate, free of spelling and grammatical errors (mirabile visu!), and filled with appealing facets of your personality, including both what you're involved in now and what you want to do with your life in the future... and you weren't stingy with the pictures, which do so much to illuminate what you've written. However, from my perspective, I notice one major drawback. From the top of your profile, I can see you've indicated you don't fully agree with Church teaching as it's summarized here. I can't claim to speak for every guy on here (or even just the ones that are "7/7" like me), but as someone who believes in upholding orthodox Catholic Christian teaching, that definitely gives me pause. In fact, when I open a profile that's not "yes to all", I usually stop reading right there and move on to the next one. If I get a thoughtful message from someone who answers the faith questions only partially, I'll politely converse, but that's the only contact I'm interested in. As much as I would like to bring someone into full agreement with the teachings of the faith in the course of dating, I know it's not the most practical approach.

While we're on the topic, I know that the Catholic teaching on contraception is not an easy one, but it is something you should prayerfully consider. I came around to it only in my recent life, perhaps you may, too. If you're interested, I have here a link to Professor Janet E. Smith's lecture on the issue. I hope you'll look into it. I know that in my life, there is nothing I cherish more than the moments when I surrendered myself to the divine wisdom of Mother Church, and I want to share that joy with you. :)

www.catholiceducation.org

God Bless,

Matt

--hide--

Feb 9th 2013 new

All these beautiful women, and no responses? boggled I would suggest reading the Online Dating Guide on this site: www.catholicmatch.com. I think it has some good advice in it - the "Advice for who to contact and how" (page 11) section was helpful to me. And I think it's important to respond to the messages you get from men whom may not be what you thought you were looking for - sometimes we might be missing some really wonderful people! It never hurts to be friendly - being friendly doesn't mean you have to marry them! And sometimes a person's photo does not accurately depict the person - some of us are not as photogenic as we'd like to be! I for one think I'm better in person than on a photo. Face it - unless you had a professional photo shoot done, MOST of us look better in person!

Feb 9th 2013 new

Looks good to me, I think all you have to be is patient and the right guy will come along. Good luck!

Feb 9th 2013 new

I'd give an opinion on your profile...but I just can't bring myself to check out anyone under 30 for any reason....I'd feel creepy!

I'm sure it's fine wink

Feb 10th 2013 new

Hi Matthew,

I am replying to your comment about looking for a women that answers 7/7 to the Catholic Faith questions. I came back to the Catholic church 5 years ago and I am very happy to be back home. I am a widow and would like to meet a man on CM. I have looked at many profiles of men near my age and at least 90% don't answer 7/7 to the faith questions. I desire to follow the church and so dating from this site seems like a mine field to me. I have come to realize that my desire and God's will for my life might be totally different.

Posts 21 - 26 of 26