Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

Mar 4th 2013 new
I can see that. Divorce is a very painful life event.
Apr 5th 2013 new

Me too! I just got my letter this week. Does anyone know about how long it takes from this point for the final ruling? I also wonder does the initial ruling get overturned in very many cases? I feel that I am finally ready to begin moving on, but feel like I need to remain somewhat guarded still, certainly until the final letter gets here.

Apr 5th 2013 new

I'm STILL waiting Elizabeth! I was told it should go fast, but it is going painfully slow, LOL (the poor souls in purgatory are getting a lot of prayers offered up for them biggrin, as I check my mailbox everyday & am crushed). Silly how much I want that piece of paper...is there someone on the sidelines? HA! Notta!

I was also told that rarely does the 2nd court rule differently then the 1st court...could/has happened I'm sure. Prayers for you that all goes smoothly so that you can move forwards!

Apr 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Laura-824866 said: I was also told that rarely does the 2nd court rule differently then the 1st court...could/has ha...
(Quote) Laura-824866 said:

I was also told that rarely does the 2nd court rule differently then the 1st court...could/has happened I'm sure. Prayers for you that all goes smoothly so that you can move forwards!

--hide--

Thanks for the prayers Laura, that goes both ways! God's will!

Apr 6th 2013 new

To all of you with questions about how & where to begin the annulment process: Yes, you might want to talk first to your pastor. He then should direct you to contact the Tribunal of your (arch)diocese. The tribunal staff has all the answers to your pertinent questions. They will give you some idea on how long it should take. Be aware that various factors play into it. For example, in my case, one of my witnesses took a long time to respond. Length of time also depends on how many cases there are to review in each (arch)diocese. Cost varies from location to location but the tribunal staff will work with you to defer or amend payment if necessary.

Going through the annulment process can bring up a variety of emotions, but it certainly can be healing and cathartic. Please discuss your feelings with a trusted professional (e.g. counselor, spiritual director, pastoral staff member).

There are several books available that answer questions about annulments. I have listed them in another thread in this forum. Get the right information from the right sources--there's a lot of misinformation floating around out there.

Peace & blessings to all of you who are working through this step.

Apr 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Laura-824866 said: WooHoo! Just got the letter that the first affirmative decission has been made & in 7 days it...

WooHoo! Just got the letter that the first affirmative decission has been made & in 7 days it'll move on to the final judgement. It is a very weird feeling (sad, exhilirating, hurt & joy), but I am ready to move forwards! Continued prayers please!

--hide--

Just received my first AFFIRMATIVE decision. Two days before Easter and my 40th birthday. It is such a relief. Praying this will be backed up my the 2nd Instance Court.

Blessings and prayers for you,

Michael

Apr 14th 2013 new
That is great, Michael! rosary theheart Praying
Apr 15th 2013 new

Big Congrats Michael!! I got my 2nd and final affirmative decision just last Tuesday (check out my status laughing...took about 2 secs to send in that help ticket, LOL). So, that was just a little over 2 months for the 2nd court. Lots of prayers!

Apr 15th 2013 new
(Quote) Laura-824866 said: Big Congrats Michael!! I got my 2nd and final affirmative decision just last Tuesday (check out my status ...t...

Big Congrats Michael!! I got my 2nd and final affirmative decision just last Tuesday (check out my status ...took about 2 secs to send in that help ticket, LOL). So, that was just a little over 2 months for the 2nd court. Lots of prayers!

--hide--

Congrats, Laura!
Apr 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Laura-824866 said: Big Congrats Michael!! I got my 2nd and final affirmative decision just last Tuesday (check out m...

Big Congrats Michael!! I got my 2nd and final affirmative decision just last Tuesday (check out my status ...took about 2 secs to send in that help ticket, LOL). So, that was just a little over 2 months for the 2nd court. Lots of prayers!

--hide--

Laura, Congrats! Yeah, I can't wait to send in the help ticket to have my status changed! :-) Hope you are having fun enjoying your new freedom.

Michael

Posts 51 - 60 of 78