Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Texas Event in Spring 2013?

Jan 28th 2013 new

Okay, so I've started a new thread after temporarily hijacking the Fall 2013 thread.

Anyone interested in doing a Texas event sometime after Easter this Spring? Maybe we can find a somewhat central location? Maybe build the weekend around a festival or conference or something?

Jan 28th 2013 new

What location did you have in mind, JoAnn?

Cat

Jan 28th 2013 new

Location wise I'm open to pretty much anything. I live an hour north of Dallas so I'm guessing I'll have a bit of a drive no matte what. Austin or San Antonio would probably be my first two suggestions.

Jan 28th 2013 new
(Quote) JoAnn-666667 said: Okay, so I've started a new thread after temporarily hijacking the Fall 2013 thread. Anyone...
(Quote) JoAnn-666667 said:

Okay, so I've started a new thread after temporarily hijacking the Fall 2013 thread.

Anyone interested in doing a Texas event sometime after Easter this Spring? Maybe we can find a somewhat central location? Maybe build the weekend around a festival or conference or something?

--hide--
Soundtrack like a great idea Joann
Jan 28th 2013 new
Sorry I tried to put sounds like a great idea
Jan 29th 2013 new

(Quote) JoAnn-666667 said: Location wise I'm open to pretty much anything. I live an hour north of Dallas so I'm gue...

Location wise I'm open to pretty much anything. I live an hour north of Dallas so I'm guessing I'll have a bit of a drive no matte what. Austin or San Antonio would probably be my first two suggestions.

--hide--

JoAnn, I had been thinking about starting a Forum discussion for a CM event in Austin, maybe a picnic at Zilker park or another park. I live near, but not in Austin, so someone who is a resident would need to reserve a picnic spot (and maybe a volleyball court?) through the city Parks and Rec dept. I would be happy to help in any way, including paying for the picnic spot, deposit, etc.

(These are just ideas, by no means am I trying to take over or be in charge.) smile Zilker is in South Austin and is the biggest (?) and/or best known of the parks in the Austin area. It would not be a bad drive anywhere from San Antonio up north to Georgetown or even the Temple area. The parking is tough on a weekend, so if anyone knows of another place, please chime in.

I understand that coming from the DFW area, you'd probably want more than just a picnic, so anything else (with or without a picnic) would be great also. I'm open to whatever gets the most interest from people. And, if enough people from DFW want to set up something there, then maybe we could coordinate the two for different weekends so people could go to both if they wanted. You suggested after Easter, which is March 31st, so there are plenty of weekends before the dreaded Texas Summer heat kicks in.

More feedback is requested from interested CMers in Texas (and beyond).

Bob

Feb 1st 2013 new

I love the idea of a picnic lunch there. How much does it cost to reserve the area? Are there grills for burgers, etc. or should we bring our own lunches? I need to take time to look for other fun stuff for the morning and evening. I'm all about making a day of it.

Feb 6th 2013 new

(Quote) JoAnn-666667 said: I love the idea of a picnic lunch there. How much does it cost to reserve the area? Are there gri...

I love the idea of a picnic lunch there. How much does it cost to reserve the area? Are there grills for burgers, etc. or should we bring our own lunches? I need to take time to look for other fun stuff for the morning and evening. I'm all about making a day of it.

--hide--

It sounds like a great idea, especially if it could be held on a Sat. It would might encourage more attendance and could close with mass and breakfast on Sun. For those who might want to stay overnight.

Feb 7th 2013 new

(Quote) JoAnn-666667 said: I love the idea of a picnic lunch there. How much does it cost to reserve the area? Are there gri...

--hide--

JoAnn. I have not checked on the cost and/or deposit amount, but I will. I have seen grills at picnic tables, and areas with alot of tables and grills for larger parties. Whether people want to have burgers grilled or bring their own lunch, either should be okay. We would just need a reasonably good count of people attending, to know how much to bring to cook. One thought that just occured to me, is if there is not much rainfall between now and whenever, the city may have a burn ban and not allow outdoor cooking on an open flame. Just a small possibility, something to keep in mind as it gets closer. We can plan for a plan B.

If you see anything fun online for the morning or evening, please post it. That might help us narrow down a date. Making a day of it sounds fun.

Feb 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Joyce-844872 said: It sounds like a great idea, especially if it could be held on a Sat. It would might...
(Quote) Joyce-844872 said:

It sounds like a great idea, especially if it could be held on a Sat. It would might encourage more attendance and could close with mass and breakfast on Sun. For those who might want to stay overnight.

--hide--

Joyce. Saturday sounds like the best day, and it probably would encourage more attendance. Mass and breakfast on Sunday is a great idea also. Thanks for adding these ideas!

Posts 1 - 10 of 44