Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

02/10/2013 new

I'll be in TX around July 12-19 to see my son. Any meet ups right before or after that week and I'd go.

02/10/2013 new

There was a CM gathering in San Antonio in 2006 and one in Ft Worth a few months later. Both were great locations.

02/11/2013 new

I am totally loving that people are interested! YAY! I love the idea of stuff on Sat. and closing w/Mass and breakfast on Sunday.

So I've finally taken time to look up some Austin events. I'm posting a link below to where I got the events listed below. These events are just suggestions-please provide feedback for what sounds the most interesting. And I'm totally open to one that's not listed.

www.austintexas.org

Louisiana Swamp Thing & Crawfish Festival

4/6

It's a Cajun festival in Texas. More than 5,000 pounds of crawfish are consumed at this annual event, which also features zydeco, brass band, funk, blues and rock music.

Art City Austin

Apr. 13/14

Nearly 200 national artists, top local restaurants, two music stages and hands-on art activities make this one of the city's favorite festivals.

Eeyore's 50th Annual Birthday Bash

4/27

Eeyores Birthday Party is a fund-raiser to benefit non-profit groups in Austin. Some of these groups will be selling hot and cold food (including vegetarian), soft drinks, juices, spring water, and Texas beer at the event. Look for commemorative Eeyore Birthday Party T-shirts.There will be costume contests and other games with prizes for children of all ages. Artists will be doing face painting and temporary tattoos. Musicians playing non-amplified instruments are invited to play. There will be Maypoles for the young and young at heart. Come join us and wish Eeyore a Happy Birthday.

National Wildflower Week (@ Ladybird Johnson Wildlife Center)

Monday, May 6, through Sunday, May 12

National Wildflower Week!
Texas Highways Photography Exhibit
One Week Only at the McDermott Learning Center

02/16/2013 new

(Quote) JoAnn-666667 said: I am totally loving that people are interested! YAY! I love the idea of stuff on Sat. and closing...
(Quote) JoAnn-666667 said:

I am totally loving that people are interested! YAY! I love the idea of stuff on Sat. and closing w/Mass and breakfast on Sunday.

So I've finally taken time to look up some Austin events. I'm posting a link below to where I got the events listed below. These events are just suggestions-please provide feedback for what sounds the most interesting. And I'm totally open to one that's not listed.

www.austintexas.org

4/6

It's a Cajun festival in Texas. More than 5,000 pounds of crawfish are consumed at this annual event, which also features zydeco, brass band, funk, blues and rock music.

Art City Austin

Apr. 13/14

Nearly 200 national artists, top local restaurants, two music stages and hands-on art activities make this one of the city's favorite festivals.

4/27

Eeyores Birthday Party is a fund-raiser to benefit non-profit groups in Austin. Some of these groups will be selling hot and cold food (including vegetarian), soft drinks, juices, spring water, and Texas beer at the event. Look for commemorative Eeyore Birthday Party T-shirts.There will be costume contests and other games with prizes for children of all ages. Artists will be doing face painting and temporary tattoos. Musicians playing non-amplified instruments are invited to play. There will be Maypoles for the young and young at heart. Come join us and wish Eeyore a Happy Birthday.

--hide--
I'm interested. Keep me posted. This will be my first time to join a CM get together.

02/21/2013 new

Okay-I also looked on the Diocese Calendar to see if there were any outstanding events I thought we might want to kind of build around. This is all I found that sounded interesting (to me at least).

Legacy Gala, Sts. Cyril and Methodius Catholic School in Granger Sts. Cyril and Methodius Catholic School in Granger will hold a Legacy Gala April 13 from 6 to 11 p.m. The evening will include dinner, dancing and a silent auction. Individual tickets are $60 and table sponsorships are available. For more information, contact the school office at (512) 859-2927 or Daryl Stefek at (512) 940-9937. All tickets benefit Sts. Cyril and Methodius Catholic School.

Here's the link to the calendar: www.austindiocese.org

It's also the weekend of Art City Austin (music festival) so this could be a really fun weekend. If no one has any objections I say we choose this weekend. If so, we should make it official soon so people can mark it on their calendars/book hotels if necessary.

Speaking of hotels, I know for some events the event coordinator has roped off a block of rooms at a hotel. If anyone is interested in this let me know and I'll see what I can find for us.

(Quote) JoAnn-666667 said: I am totally loving that people are interested! YAY! I love the idea of stuff on Sat. and closing...

www.austintexas.org

4/6

Art City Austin

Apr. 13/14

4/27

--hide--

02/24/2013 new

Hi JoAnn,

I'm interested in coming once y'all finalize the date and location. I think more importantly we need to be savvy about how to publicize this event so we get a larger show of individuals to come to the meetup.

Thanks for suggesting this, I think its a great idea. :)

Kate

02/28/2013 new

Okay-so I'm kind of bumping my own thread I guess.

Anyone have any preferences on the dates? If not I'm choosing this weekend.

thanks,

(Quote) JoAnn-666667 said: Okay-I also looked on the Diocese Calendar to see if there were any outstanding events I thought ...

Okay-I also looked on the Diocese Calendar to see if there were any outstanding events I thought we might want to kind of build around. This is all I found that sounded interesting (to me at least).

Legacy Gala, Sts. Cyril and Methodius Catholic School in Granger Sts. Cyril and Methodius Catholic School in Granger will hold a Legacy Gala April 13 from 6 to 11 p.m. The evening will include dinner, dancing and a silent auction. Individual tickets are $60 and table sponsorships are available. For more information, contact the school office at (512) 859-2927 or Daryl Stefek at (512) 940-9937. All tickets benefit Sts. Cyril and Methodius Catholic School.

Here's the link to the calendar: www.austindiocese.org

It's also the weekend of Art City Austin (music festival) so this could be a really fun weekend. If no one has any objections I say we choose this weekend. If so, we should make it official soon so people can mark it on their calendars/book hotels if necessary.

Speaking of hotels, I know for some events the event coordinator has roped off a block of rooms at a hotel. If anyone is interested in this let me know and I'll see what I can find for us.

Quote:
JoAnn-666667 said:

www.austintexas.org

4/6

Art City Austin

Apr. 13/14

4/27

--hide--

03/03/2013 new

I live in San Antonio, which is a beautiful city and has lots to do, so I'm interested.

03/04/2013 new

Bump

03/11/2013 new

JoAnn, and all others interested. I checked on reserving a picnic spot in Zilker park in Austin for the weekend of April 13 and 14. The Austin Parks and Rec dept is all booked up for that weekend for all Austin parks that have reservable areas. They take reservations 6 months in advance. I will be checking on Travis county (Austin), as well as Williamson county and Round Rock (both just north of Austin) to see what they have available. I'll also check on other weekends for Austin. I'm out of town this week (Spring Break at Disney World in Orlando. Yeah, it's tough but somebody had to do it.) I have limited computer/internet access, but I will get back on this on Monday 3/18. JoAnn, I'll let you and everyone else know what I find out as soon as possible, and we can see if we want to go with April 13/14, or another weekend. Thanks for your patience on this.

Bob

Posts 11 - 20 of 44