Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Mar 31st 2013 new

Yes, April 14th is the final date for Austin. (At least for a first event. Several people have mentioned wanting to meet in San Antonio or DFW area-folks feel free to plan such events.)

The date was chosen based on the fact that Austin's having a music festival that weekend. My thoughts are to meet around 10 am at shuttle parking and then head over to the festival, go to Saturday evening Mass, and end the event with dinner.

10 am--Park @ MLK and Congress, near the Bob Bullock and Blanton museums, and ride the free shuttle to the festival to avoid festival parking nightmare. (free parking & shuttle)

5:30 pm--Mass @ St. Mary's Cathedral. We should probably leave the festival around 4:30 to make sure we have enough time to ride the shuttle back to our cars and then make it to the Cathedral on time. And I may be way over estimating the amount of time it takes. Just don't want to be late.

6:30 ish (whenever Mass is over)--dinner somewhere close to the Cathedral. I'm thinking when we get to Austin we can get a city guide. Or we could even go back to the festival for more music and eat there.

Here's a link for the festival: www.artallianceaustin.org

You really should take a look at the link. (If it doesn't work do an internet search for Art City Austin.) There's plenty of food vendors there for when we get hungry. Lots of music to listen to and art to look at.

Tickets

Single-day passes are $8 at the gate. Free for children 12 and under, members, collector’s badge holders, and volunteers. Free admission when you park your bike at the Bike Valet (1st Street Bridge and Guadalupe at 2nd) and when you show your Capital Metro Pass.

Where

Downtown Austin – Cesar Chavez Street at Austin City Hall (from Lavaca Street to Lamar Boulevard) including the S. 1st Street Bridge. North entrance located on Guadalupe and south entrance on the S. 1st Street Bridge.

I don't plan on staying overnight myself but I will post some local hotels later. I really should start getting ready for Mass now that the storms have pretty much passed by.

God bless and Happy Easter!

Apr 1st 2013 new

JoAnn,

You can post CM events on the main page for events - if you click on:

More - Events - post an event

There are rules you have to follow but it's the best way to reach people in TX in mass. I'd love to come but will be out of town that weekend so any future events, please keep me in mind!

Susie

Apr 7th 2013 new

Hey Everyone! The event is NEXT SATURDAY! :)

Just wondering who all is planning on attending. Please either message me to reply here. I'm looking forward to a great day!

Happy Divine Mercy Sunday!

~JoAnn

Apr 8th 2013 new

Am I looking at my calendar wrong, or is the 14th Sunday and not Saturday?

Apr 8th 2013 new

Oh My! I've created a bit of a problem....I listed the date as the 14th (Sunday) instead of the 13th (Saturday).

My plans were for it to be Saturday, 4/13. If I've caused anyone problems please let me know.

I feel sooo silly!

Laura, thank you for pointing this out.

I'll be in Austin on Saturday, 4/13, if anyone wants to join me. The festival the event is built around is happening on Sunday as well, though, in case anyone made plans for Sunday.

Apr 11th 2013 new

Bumping the thread.

Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) JoAnn-666667 said: Bumping the thread.
(Quote) JoAnn-666667 said:

Bumping the thread.

--hide--

JoAnn, I'll see your bump and raise you a post. (Poker-talk if anyone is wondering).

There is a CM meet-up in Austin, Texas this Saturday 4/13. The details are posted above by JoAnn. The only slight changes are the correct date is Saturday 4/13, and the Austin Art Alliance Festival ends at 6:00pm, so those wishing to go out to eat after 5:30 pm mass can go to a restaurant, instead of back to the festival. I have been one of a number of people who were "maybe-ish" about commiting to this get-together, and what activity we would do. (Imagine, people on a website geared towards dating and relationships being hesitant about commitment. LOL)

Well, I want to thank JoAnn for taking the proverbial bull by the horns (like a real Texas gal), and making a decision on what the meet-up activities will be. (If she had not done this, I and some of the rest of us might still be making a decision about it after the actual date of the get-together.) So, if you would like to meet some fellow CMers, please join us. The weather is supposed to be nice Saturday, with a high of 80 and sunny/partly cloudy skies. If possible, please post if you'll be coming so we will know roughly how many to look for at the shuttle-bus location. I might actually have a sign with "CM" on it to help people find us. God bless you all, and have a safe trip.

Apr 12th 2013 new

And I'll raise you another bump. :) he he

I'm so excited it's tomorrow. Austin is the Music Capitol after all. And to attend Mass @ St. Mary's-such a beautiful church. (Side note-the architect designed my home parish and the similarities are striking.)

(Quote) Bob-879967 said: JoAnn, I'll see your bump and raise you a post. (Poker-talk if anyone is wondering).
(Quote) Bob-879967 said:

JoAnn, I'll see your bump and raise you a post. (Poker-talk if anyone is wondering).

There is a CM meet-up in Austin, Texas this Saturday 4/13. The details are posted above by JoAnn. The only slight changes are the correct date is Saturday 4/13, and the Austin Art Alliance Festival ends at 6:00pm, so those wishing to go out to eat after 5:30 pm mass can go to a restaurant, instead of back to the festival. I have been one of a number of people who were "maybe-ish" about commiting to this get-together, and what activity we would do. (Imagine, people on a website geared towards dating and relationships being hesitant about commitment. LOL)

Well, I want to thank JoAnn for taking the proverbial bull by the horns (like a real Texas gal), and making a decision on what the meet-up activities will be. (If she had not done this, I and some of the rest of us might still be making a decision about it after the actual date of the get-together.) So, if you would like to meet some fellow CMers, please join us. The weather is supposed to be nice Saturday, with a high of 80 and sunny/partly cloudy skies. If possible, please post if you'll be coming so we will know roughly how many to look for at the shuttle-bus location. I might actually have a sign with "CM" on it to help people find us. God bless you all, and have a safe trip.

--hide--

Apr 12th 2013 new

Printing out my maps, etc. for tomorrow! :)

Apr 14th 2013 new

Well folks, if you didn't come you missed a fun & gorgeous day!

Posts 31 - 40 of 44