Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

First dates, how long?

Jan 29th 2013 new
Some dating sites say the first date should be short. What do you think?
Jan 29th 2013 new

John,

I think first dates are best set up so that they can last as long as one or both are comfortable and are enjoying each other's company. All of this within reason of course, since I believe it's best for a woman to be able to leave before it's dark outside.

Another or different factor might be how well they know each other before this first date due to the length of time they have been communicating. Then this can change the answer.

In my humble opinion only.

theheart

Jan 29th 2013 new
(Quote) John-220051 said: Some dating sites say the first date should be short. What do you think?
(Quote) John-220051 said: Some dating sites say the first date should be short. What do you think?
--hide--

Good question . . . my first F2F last year lasted 12 hours! But only because we had hit it off so well in the communication area.

Did these sites say why?

I like a family restaurant after lunch but before dinner . . . coffee and a croissant (or wine and bread) and a quick get a way when the conversation starts to lag.
Jan 29th 2013 new
Depends. Anywhere from 30 min.- 4 hrs. I knew a couple who met in Vegas whose first date lasted 30+ years. She was a waitress w/ me when I was in college. Cutest older couple I ever knew. I suppose after they got married on day #3 ... it ceased to be officially "dating". So technically the date lasted only 72 hrs.
Jan 29th 2013 new

--hide--

Hello John!

Well, I believe that it must be more about personal preference...and not about a set standard, just because someone else "tells" you that this is the way it "should" be. Actually, as a personal suggestion, I would suggest that two people don't set a "time limit" on a lovely evening! Simply go along with the flow, and enjoy the company. Take your time, let the conversation progress naturally, and enjoy getting to know one another better! The best and most meaningful times we share...are those which are allowed to flow naturally in a relaxed atmosphere, and one in which you can both enjoy yourselves and make the most of the time spent together!

Jan 29th 2013 new
Average for me is 5 hours. But I don't go on typical first dates, so I already know a decent amount. It's just that we are meeting for the first time.
Jan 29th 2013 new
yes dont set a time limit , one date i had was like for 2hours only the dinner. I was thinking to go for a little walk in the beach but the men i dated was not my type.
Jan 29th 2013 new

I had one first date that was several days long, with a break of a few days to visit my brother, and then a few more days after that. Needless to say, it was an LDR. wink

Jan 29th 2013 new

Short and sweet. It's just a get to know to see if I want to know you sort of a thing.

Jan 29th 2013 new

--hide--
I agree breif and to the point; And hopefully (maybe) a 2nd Date!! wink

Posts 1 - 10 of 23