Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 29th 2013 new

I like that it's short, personally I always have somewhere I need to be after. Meeting up with friends .

Jan 29th 2013 new
(Quote) John-220051 said: Some dating sites say the first date should be short. What do you think?
(Quote) John-220051 said: Some dating sites say the first date should be short. What do you think?
--hide--

Depends, like everything else. I've had first dates that lasted less than the half life of some of the trans-uranium elements, and some (like the one I was privileged to have last night with a delightful lady from that other site...) where we we met at a local Philly lawyer/yuppie watering hole/restaurant around 6, and didn't leave until 9...lots of smiles and flips of her hair, stories of our backgrounds (strangely enough, we're both of French Canadian ancestry...), photos of stuff on both our phones we showed each other, and that was only because her daughter was going to be on a local Philly radio station and she had to get to the studio, so I walked her there...on the way there, *she* slipped her arm into my arm...;) So, we parted with plans to see the Titanic exhibit at the Franklin Institute this Sunday afternoon. Guess we both made the right impression on the other...

So, it's up to: you, her, the ease at which you can sustain a lively and open conversation, your schedule, her schedule, the comfort level, the surroundings.

Watch for cues. They'll let you know when it's time gracefully bring it to a close. It's just a meeting. Keep it light. Keep it friendly. Go in with zero expectations. Understand her, on some level, discomfort/wariness. As she should be aware of yours.
Jan 29th 2013 new

Starting by going for a walk or coffee late morning is safe. If all goes well you can add lunch and or another activity. Just keep things lite and easy. Nothing too fancy.

Jan 29th 2013 new
I prefer a first meeting date be brief. I appreciate something with a defined timeframe too, like meeting for a lunch hour during the week. If you hit it off you can always plan to get together again soon for something more. If not, the date is ended easily.
Jan 29th 2013 new
I like options. If it is going well - it can go longer. If it is awkward you can cut it short.
Jan 29th 2013 new

I think it depends on the date lol. My shortest date ever was 45 minutes from start to finish and my longest date stretched late into the early morning hours talking at the duck pond at the city park, a two hour break and we went back out (that was the mercy date with my husband lol so go figure). Lauren

Jan 29th 2013 new

I would never set a time limit. The first date is just getting to know about each other. My last first date we met for dinner and we talked for hours. He walked me to my car gave me a kiss on the cheek and we are still seeing each other.

If the date was not going well, I would cut it pretty short, but be polite about it.

Jan 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Meghan-202517 said: I like options. If it is going well - it can go longer. If it is awkward you can cut it short.
(Quote) Meghan-202517 said: I like options. If it is going well - it can go longer. If it is awkward you can cut it short.
--hide--

I agree, plan for both.

Jan 30th 2013 new

--hide--
I say, play it by eyes and ear. The first few minutes will tell whether or not you should invest your time. angel

Jan 30th 2013 new

--hide--
If you think you might need an escape then keep it short you can always schedule another date if it goes well. If you have had great correspondence and there is some real distance involved then I imagine that you'd want a longer date than just dinner. That's my take on it anyway

Posts 11 - 20 of 23