Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

02/03/2013 new

(Quote) Con-888377 said: You are shooting your self in the foot before you get to the first dance lesson.
(Quote) Con-888377 said:

You are shooting your self in the foot before you get to the first dance lesson.

--hide--

Thanks for the advice...I think that I need to update my profile since I am an accomplished ballroom and swing dancer....maybe I've been around cougars and beautiful women too much :)

02/03/2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: All I have to say is you're a very smart woman, Elizabeth!
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

All I have to say is you're a very smart woman, Elizabeth!

--hide--

Why...thank you very much, Patricia. wave But, I have to say, I think it is less about any smarts I might have and more about having recognized mistakes I have made myself here on CM. I can remember several posts that I have reread and been a bit shocked at what I had written. I didn't even know those people and there was nothing they had said that should have elicited my heated response. The good side is that I learned something about myself, as I usually do each time I make a mistake or get too emotional (which contrary to some popular thought is not always so bad...I am a females you know) rolling eyes

Actually, I was going to pass that "smart" compliment on to our man down under. Con not only responded sensitively to Ronald, but also with well thought out advice. However, once I read Ronald's (that is South Carolina Ronald) response, I determined I had to pass the compliment on to both men who have shown themselves to be pretty smart...one for being willing to share his faith and experience, and the other for being willing to accept it. Pretty smart stuff going on here. I did have a question about Ronald lumping beautiful women together with cougars scratchchin ...but that's for another post.

Happy Sunday, y'all. wave

- Elizabeth

02/03/2013 new
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: Well, hopefully that subject got your attention! I've seen several posts now related to ...
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

Well, hopefully that subject got your attention!

I've seen several posts now related to this topic. There is an article on the website www.catholicmatch.com about being a cougar. Donna has posted an article with a different perspective in another thread (www.catholicmatch.com. And here is the article she posted: thecurrentconscience.com

So here are my questions:

What is a cougar? Is it a woman who is pursuing a relationship with a younger man, or does it mean something else a bit more risqué?

IF being a cougar means a woman in a relationship with a younger man, why is it so threatening that a naughty sounding word is ascribed to the woman for doing this? There is no corresponding name for the man in such a relationship. (See the Current Conscience article for a discussion about the word Sugar Daddy not being a fair comparison)

So finally, what's wrong with being a cougar? And I'm not looking for lots of you to post "Nothing. It's what YOU want that matters." That's not what I'm asking - because apparently this behavior is disturbing enough to some that they need to label it. So let's just hear what's out there. By the way, the medieval obsession with "witches" was for very similar reasons. Very intriguing. Looking forward to some exciting discussion!

--hide--
it is great to date and hang around with a cougar.....Maybe slip a Geritol into her drink when you grab a bite at Wendy's.
02/03/2013 new
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: Well, hopefully that subject got your attention! I've seen several posts now related to ...
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

Well, hopefully that subject got your attention!

I've seen several posts now related to this topic. There is an article on the website www.catholicmatch.com about being a cougar. Donna has posted an article with a different perspective in another thread (www.catholicmatch.com. And here is the article she posted: thecurrentconscience.com

So here are my questions:

What is a cougar? Is it a woman who is pursuing a relationship with a younger man, or does it mean something else a bit more risqué?

IF being a cougar means a woman in a relationship with a younger man, why is it so threatening that a naughty sounding word is ascribed to the woman for doing this? There is no corresponding name for the man in such a relationship. (See the Current Conscience article for a discussion about the word Sugar Daddy not being a fair comparison)

So finally, what's wrong with being a cougar? And I'm not looking for lots of you to post "Nothing. It's what YOU want that matters." That's not what I'm asking - because apparently this behavior is disturbing enough to some that they need to label it. So let's just hear what's out there. By the way, the medieval obsession with "witches" was for very similar reasons. Very intriguing. Looking forward to some exciting discussion!

--hide--
it is great to date and hang around with a cougar.....Maybe slip a Geritol into her drink when you grab a bite at Wendy's.
02/03/2013 new
David I will take that as a compliment. Sorry about your experience with that woman. Glad you have had healing.
02/04/2013 new
(Quote) Marirose-887295 said: David I will take that as a compliment. Sorry about your experience with that woman. Glad you have had healin...
(Quote) Marirose-887295 said: David I will take that as a compliment. Sorry about your experience with that woman. Glad you have had healing.
--hide--
The very happiest of birthdays to you Little Girl!
02/04/2013 new

(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: The very happiest of birthdays to you Little Girl!
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: The very happiest of birthdays to you Little Girl!
--hide--

Thank you Eileen! Hope your day was great.

Posts 141 - 147 of 147