Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 29th 2013 new

So basically there isn't a practical reason that would prevent a woman from marrying a younger man...

Heck no. I can't think of a reason why one would want to exclude any age bracket from one's search for a spouse so long as it is comfortable. I might personally feel okay in a 5-10 year difference either way, but that would be my preference and not one I would advocate for anyone else. I simply don't think it anyone else's business.

Jan 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Ouch, Mike -- you're gonna get it!!! Better get out your "Peace" sign....
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Ouch, Mike -- you're gonna get it!!! Better get out your "Peace" sign....

--hide--

Nope. I'm don't play like that. smile Mike's just afraid us ladies are going to start a movement and go for the younger men... wink Battling eyelashes Lion

Jan 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: I hope it works out!
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

I hope it works out!

--hide--

No, it hasn't! lol Ah, for male friends... :)

Jan 29th 2013 new
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: Nope. I'm don't play like that. Mike's just afraid us ladies are going to...

Nope. I'm don't play like that. Mike's just afraid us ladies are going to start a movement and go for the younger men...

--hide--

Good, that will take the pressure off us more mature (ahem) gentlemen.

wave
Jan 29th 2013 new

I don't think it's just a question of age difference in relationships, I think it refers to behaviour and outlook in terms of dating and relationships.

My understanding of the term is an older woman who dresses in a trashy manner and chases men young enough to be her son. Think mini-skirt, stilettos, leopard-print lycra that doesn't cover much, excessive make-up ... the image is cringe-worthy!

I do believe there is a male equivalent to this - the fiftyish man who wears an open shirt with lots of chains, other jewellery, tight pants, white belt and white shoes, sunglasses indoors, and chases girls young enough to be his daughter ... the image is also cringe-worthy! I'm not sure what the label is for this one - gigolo, playboy, whatever ...

Jan 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Angela-374523 said: I don't think it's just a question of age difference in relationships, I think it refers...
(Quote) Angela-374523 said:

I don't think it's just a question of age difference in relationships, I think it refers to behaviour and outlook in terms of dating and relationships.

My understanding of the term is an older woman who dresses in a trashy manner and chases men young enough to be her son. Think mini-skirt, stilettos, leopard-print lycra that doesn't cover much, excessive make-up ... the image is cringe-worthy!

I do believe there is a male equivalent to this - the fiftyish man who wears an open shirt with lots of chains, other jewellery, tight pants, white belt and white shoes, sunglasses indoors, and chases girls young enough to be his daughter ... the image is also cringe-worthy! I'm not sure what the label is for this one - gigolo, playboy, whatever ...

--hide--
CRINGE-WORTHY!! Thats it Angela, you've nailed it! You are right that it's not a relationship thing; it's all about promiscuity but calling it "cougar" makes it sound so much more interesting.

Jan 29th 2013 new

Nope.... No intense dislike. Like I said, God has a heckuva sense of humor this week.

Yes, I was misinformed... scratchchin

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: I wish you the best in your intense dislike for the WSU Cougars...

I wish you the best in your intense dislike for the WSU Cougars...

--hide--

Jan 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Angela-374523 said: I don't think it's just a question of age difference in relationships, I think it refers...
(Quote) Angela-374523 said:

--hide--

Yes, Angela, I'm getting the impression that this is what the term means and that other times I've heard it used for a normal woman dating a younger man was an exception to the regular meaning.

Jan 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Bryan-7889 said: Good, that will take the pressure off us more mature (ahem) gentlemen.
(Quote) Bryan-7889 said:

Good, that will take the pressure off us more mature (ahem) gentlemen.

--hide--

I'm glad you feel less pressured! smile

Jan 29th 2013 new

Hi all,

I think with the shows like Cougar Town and characters in many sitcoms who are "cougars" and Linda Hogan dating her son or daughter's friend etc. . . there is supposed to be this false sense of empowerment for women to embrace their sexuality and become the predator. The problem is it is just sad, and they are really sort of satirical characters, comments on societal norms through comedy.

For me it comes down to this, no matter how smart, funny, cute, articulate you are , if you are of an age where I could have changed your diapers or even been your babysitter -- I cannot possibly see myself dating you. If you are of an age, that you might have gone to school with one of my children or are of an age where you could date one of them, then I just can't go there lol. My kids were actually teasing me when I told them I had signed up for this about whether or not I was planning on being a cougar -- actually made me cringe and my lip snarl lol. . . I said in my most indignant mom voice: "Of course not, there are any number of perfectly nice men my age, thank you very much."

Posts 31 - 40 of 147