Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Since we had the 15 things thread and no guy answered the question on what they want, I thought that I would start another thread to get some answers. I know that all of the ladies on here would love to know the answer to this. Keep them coming fellas. wink wave

Jan 29th 2013 new
(Quote) Shara-929649 said: Since we had the 15 things thread and no guy answered the question on what they want, I thought that I would st...
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

Since we had the 15 things thread and no guy answered the question on what they want, I thought that I would start another thread to get some answers. I know that all of the ladies on here would love to know the answer to this. Keep them coming fellas.

--hide--

Help me put the next body shell on the car frame that I'm building?

Hold the bottom of the ladder while I'm up on it cleaning out HER gutters?

Offer to make me breakfast (when I come over to pick her up...ok?)?

Help me rake the leaves up in the fall?

Ask me out to dinner?

Tell me that I'm still attractive to her, even after coming in from yard work, cleaning the yard, washing her car, and sweeping off the deck...?

How about just saying "I love you" for no reason?
Jan 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Bryan-7889 said: Help me put the next body shell on the car frame that I'm building? Hold the bottom of...
(Quote) Bryan-7889 said:

Ask me out to dinner?

Tell me that I'm still attractive to her, even after coming in from yard work, cleaning the yard, washing her car, and sweeping off the deck...?

--hide--

Thanks for taking the plunge Bryan. These are very sweet especially the last three. biggrin

Jan 29th 2013 new

I'd love to have her offer to pass hockey pucks to me while I practice one-timing them into the net. LOL.

Jan 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-267933 said: I'd love to have her offer to pass hockey pucks to me while I practice one-timing them into the...
(Quote) Tom-267933 said:

I'd love to have her offer to pass hockey pucks to me while I practice one-timing them into the net. LOL.

--hide--

Most girls would not know that you would that so next time just let your lady know. I am sure that she would be happy to help. wink

Jan 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Bryan-7889 said: Help me put the next body shell on the car frame that I'm building? Hold the bottom of...
(Quote) Bryan-7889 said:

Ask me out to dinner?

--hide--

i think for most women it is 2nd nature to help the man when it comes to doing seasonal things, raking leaves, picking up branches, shoveling snow... at least till the kids are old enough to help. i believe when a family works together, they stay together. (talking about boy/girl friends also). these actions are stronger than words, but the little 'i love you' when you least expect it, is a wonderful and endearing moment. now, about that body car shell??!!

Jan 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: Since we had the 15 things thread and no guy answered the question on what they want, I thought t...

Since we had the 15 things thread and no guy answered the question on what they want, I thought that I would start another thread to get some answers. I know that all of the ladies on here would love to know the answer to this. Keep them coming fellas.

--hide--

Been a couple years since I was in a relationship, but here's some things I would have liked, and might have actually helped (then again, probably not):

Say "Thank you" even for simple things. I'm a typical southern gentleman: I'll hold the door, pay for dinner, etc. Please understand that while these are commonly expected, occasional gratitude (not even every time) would be nice. We just like to know what we do for you does not go unnoticed and is not taken for granted.

Don't assume that we're thinking about anything. 90% of the time, we're not.

Please understand that whatever insecurities you may have, we have them too. Probably more than you think. Rather than stew in your insecurities, voice them. The discussion might actually lead to deeper understanding of each other.

Once a man has shown interest, you pretty much hold all the cards. Don't lead us on, and if you chose to no longer pursue a relationship please make that intention clear. It's not easy for either side to say something like that, but it's better than just leaving someone hanging.

An occasional shoulder or back rub would be nice. You're not the only ones who like pampering.

Leave me alone at work unless it is urgent/emergent.

Offer to pay every now and again, I probably wouldn't let you, but this goes back to the first point.

Don't ask me to explain the plot of a show or a movie during said show or movie. I'm not psychic, you know as much as I do. If clarity is required, wait until afterwards when we open the floor for Q & A.

If the reason you have to ask questions during the aforementioned show or movie is because you we talking or texting on the phone, or checking e-mail, or paying bills, or whatever else it was that distracted you from missing a key plot element, then stop doing whatever else it is you're doing and pay attention. You're obviously not the multi-tasker you think you are.

These are just the tip of the iceberg, but it's a start. Obviously several of those are dripping with sarcasm, but there's truth in each one.

Before anyone asks, no, I don't hate women. I love women. I just don't understand them.

Jan 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: Since we had the 15 things thread and no guy answered the question on what they want, I thought t...

--hide--
1. Ask me what I want for dinner and not force me to eat what you cooked. As a man, I see my dinner not only as a source of sustenance but as a reward for a hard days work;

2. Not take over my recliner, or worse, put my recliner in the storage room... that's my refuge for recharging, don't take it away please;

3. Believe that if a guy says "I don't know" we really don't know. Don't believe Cosmo or any girlie magazine that says "if a guy says he doesn't know, it means he knows but just does not want to say it". This literally happened and Cosmo was literally quoted;

4. Don't start a conversation when I'm half-asleep and take it as if I am not interested in having a conversation... I am just sleepy;

5. Do not be a back seat driver... it confuses me more and exponentially increases our chance of getting lost, worse, having a wreck;

6. If there is an issue that's bothering you, say it out loud so we can discuss and resolve it... just don't do it when I'm half-asleep (see # 4). Please don't leave me guessing nor leave an issue hanging without resolution as I can not sleep over unresolved issues.

7. Understand that as a man, I am naturally a problem-solver. If you just want me to plainly hear you out when you pour problems out, let me know ahead of time so I can bite my tongue. I have no issues with that not unless my tongue starts bleeding.

Jan 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Matthew-831994 said:Please understand that whatever insecurities you may have, we have them too. Probably more than you thi...
(Quote) Matthew-831994 said:Please understand that whatever insecurities you may have, we have them too. Probably more than you think. Rather than stew in your insecurities, voice them. The discussion might actually lead to deeper understanding of each other.

--hide--

A great way of exposing vulnerability to the other. Seeing how the other handles exposing your vulnerabilities gives you an idea how supportive the other may, or may not, be... when times get tough. If you see strong support, (s)he might be a Keeper.

If strong support is not shown, might be a red flag.

Jan 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: 1. Ask me what I want for dinner and not force me to eat what you cooked. As a man, I see my d...
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said:

1. Ask me what I want for dinner and not force me to eat what you cooked. As a man, I see my dinner not only as a source of sustenance but as a reward for a hard days work;

2. Not take over my recliner, or worse, put my recliner in the storage room... that's my refuge for recharging, don't take it away please;

3. Believe that if a guy says "I don't know" we really don't know. Don't believe Cosmo or any girlie magazine that says "if a guy says he doesn't know, it means he knows but just does not want to say it". This literally happened and Cosmo was literally quoted;

4. Don't start a conversation when I'm half-asleep and take it as if I am not interested in having a conversation... I am just sleepy;

5. Do not be a back seat driver... it confuses me more and exponentially increases our chance of getting lost, worse, having a wreck;

6. If there is an issue that's bothering you, say it out loud so we can discuss and resolve it... just don't do it when I'm half-asleep (see # 4). Please don't leave me guessing nor leave an issue hanging without resolution as I can not sleep over unresolved issues.

7. Understand that as a man, I am naturally a problem-solver. If you just want me to plainly hear you out when you pour problems out, let me know ahead of time so I can bite my tongue. I have no issues with that not unless my tongue starts bleeding.

--hide--

You must be planning to do all the cooking in your house.. wink

Posts 1 - 10 of 24