Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: 1. Ask me what I want for dinner and not force me to eat what you cooked.
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

1. Ask me what I want for dinner and not force me to eat what you cooked. As a man, I see my dinner not only as a source of sustenance but as a reward for a hard days work;

You must be planning to do all the cooking in your house..

--hide--
I'm a pretty decent cook, and I have no problems cooking at all. For some reason, I find cooking as a stress reliever.

Jan 30th 2013 new

If a woman expressed any interest in that sort of thing, I'd be scratching my head wondering if I was crazy or if I should run out and buy an engagement ring on the spot. LOL.

Jan 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: I'm a pretty decent cook, and I have no problems cooking at all. For some reason, I find co...
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said:

I'm a pretty decent cook, and I have no problems cooking at all. For some reason, I find cooking as a stress reliever.

--hide--

You missed my point.. If you suggest to a woman that you find her 'forcing' you to eat her cooking, I would be very surprised if she does any cooking for you at all.

Jan 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: You missed my point.. If you suggest to a woman that you find her 'forcing' y...

You missed my point.. If you suggest to a woman that you find her 'forcing' you to eat her cooking, I would be very surprised if she does any cooking for you at all.

--hide--
In which case, I will gladly do the cooking. I'll ask her what she wants for dinner thou.

Jan 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: You missed my point.. If you suggest to a woman that you find her 'forcing' y...

--hide--
Ask me what I want for dinner and not force me to eat what you cooked. As a man, I see my dinner not only as a source of sustenance but as a reward for a hard days work;

Let me reword this as "Ask me what I want for dinner and not force me to eat what you prefer to eat or cook" Does this sound better?

Jan 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: Since we had the 15 things thread and no guy answered the question on what they want, I thought t...
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

Since we had the 15 things thread and no guy answered the question on what they want, I thought that I would start another thread to get some answers. I know that all of the ladies on here would love to know the answer to this. Keep them coming fellas.

--hide--

I'm not trying to be mean by saying what I'm about to say, but it may come off that way. Men are simple beings, I'm sure I could put together a list of 15 things, but if you want to have a man who will swim across shark infested waters to bring you a lemonade, there are three simple things to do. 1.) Give him affirmations. 2.) The way to a man's heart is through is stomach. 3.) Physical intimacy. It's that simple and that straight forward. I think a lot of women think men are like them and that being complex. We're not complex, we're simple. Now obviously there's caution to be used on the physical intimacy while dating, but even handholding is something or a hug or snuggling, a kiss on the cheek or a peck on the lips.

Jan 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Matthew-831994 said: Don't assume that we're thinking about anything. 90% of the time, we're not...
(Quote) Matthew-831994 said:

Don't assume that we're thinking about anything. 90% of the time, we're not.

--hide--
Thanks Matthew, I laughed so hard I almost choked. biggrin

Jan 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: Ask me what I want for dinner and not force me to eat what you cooked. As ...
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said:

Ask me what I want for dinner and not force me to eat what you cooked. As a man, I see my dinner not only as a source of sustenance but as a reward for a hard days work;

Let me reword this as "Ask me what I want for dinner and not force me to eat what you prefer to eat or cook" Does this sound better?

--hide--

I actually have to agree with that. Kahirup this now becoming a habit. Quite simply shocking. wink

When I was married I planned the meals for the week and put the menu on the fridge. If he did not agree with any meal day he would cross it out and put a suggestion. That way he gave input and I also had a plan for the week and could prep for the evening meal before I left for work and or on the weekend if needed.

Feb 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Matthew-831994 said: Been a couple years since I was in a relationship, but here's some things I would h...
(Quote) Matthew-831994 said:

Been a couple years since I was in a relationship, but here's some things I would have liked, and might have actually helped (then again, probably not):

Say "Thank you" even for simple things. I'm a typical southern gentleman: I'll hold the door, pay for dinner, etc. Please understand that while these are commonly expected, occasional gratitude (not even every time) would be nice. We just like to know what we do for you does not go unnoticed and is not taken for granted.

Don't assume that we're thinking about anything. 90% of the time, we're not.

Please understand that whatever insecurities you may have, we have them too. Probably more than you think. Rather than stew in your insecurities, voice them. The discussion might actually lead to deeper understanding of each other.

Once a man has shown interest, you pretty much hold all the cards. Don't lead us on, and if you chose to no longer pursue a relationship please make that intention clear. It's not easy for either side to say something like that, but it's better than just leaving someone hanging.

An occasional shoulder or back rub would be nice. You're not the only ones who like pampering.

Leave me alone at work unless it is urgent/emergent.

Offer to pay every now and again, I probably wouldn't let you, but this goes back to the first point.

Don't ask me to explain the plot of a show or a movie during said show or movie. I'm not psychic, you know as much as I do. If clarity is required, wait until afterwards when we open the floor for Q & A.

If the reason you have to ask questions during the aforementioned show or movie is because you we talking or texting on the phone, or checking e-mail, or paying bills, or whatever else it was that distracted you from missing a key plot element, then stop doing whatever else it is you're doing and pay attention. You're obviously not the multi-tasker you think you are.

These are just the tip of the iceberg, but it's a start. Obviously several of those are dripping with sarcasm, but there's truth in each one.

Before anyone asks, no, I don't hate women. I love women. I just don't understand them.

--hide--

Matthew I understand that you are frustrated but I think that they way you deliver information to a woman and the feeling behind the delivery has a lot to do with how it is received. Instead of speaking to your future spouse or the lady in your life with sacarsm try to approach her with love and patience. Women naturally want to do the loving thing but if we feel unloved or treated with anything less than respect for our femininity we tend to react defensively and act in a reactionary way. So appraoch your wife or any woman in your life with love even though something might be frustrating and you will be surprised at the results. Believe it or not she wants to know what you want and if you take care of her needs and treat her with love you will get back far more than you can ever give. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE and understanding will come. hug

I end with a quote that another man made in another thread by St. John Chrysostom

A young husband should say to his bride: ‘I have taken you in my arms, and I love you, and I prefer you to my life itself. For the present life is nothing, and my most ardent dream is to spend it with you in such a way that we may be assured of not being separated in the life reserved for us.’” — St. John Chrysostom

Women naturally do this so leep this in m

Feb 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-267933 said: If a woman expressed any interest in that sort of thing, I'd be scratching my head wondering if...
(Quote) Tom-267933 said:

If a woman expressed any interest in that sort of thing, I'd be scratching my head wondering if I was crazy or if I should run out and buy an engagement ring on the spot. LOL.

--hide--

Ladies take note. Tom has just given us the formula to get an engagement ring from him. wink

Posts 11 - 20 of 24